Best Facade of 2014

foREVer56

Inspired by a thread on the Hollywood, how would you rank the facades of this year's houses?

My list would go:

1. Dollhouse of the Damned. Absolutely gorgeous and perfectly sets the tone of the house. The music playing outside plus all the minute details in it pushes it over the edge. One of their all time bests.

2. AvP- Phenomenal. Sound effects and strobes accent it perfectly.

3. Dracula Untold- Reminds me of Gothic mixed with Dracula 09. Not what I expected at all. Really impressed me first time i saw it.

4. The Walking Dead- pretty simple in terms of detail, but still pretty awesome.

5. From Dusk Till Dawn- Missing a word, but it looks great and the barker outside is perfect. Hollywood's is a little nicer though because it's a little more full sized than ours.

6. Halloween- Excellently recrafted from the movie.

7. Giggles and Gore- Great factory facade. Christmas lights were a great touch.

8. Roanoke- Perfect for the setting of the house, just nothing particularly special.

Not gonna rank them, but I guess I'll go through them.

The Walking Dead- Of course being a fan of the show, I loved it. It was massive. I would have liked to see a Walker or two behind the main fence perhaps like Hollywood, but either way I'm a fan, especially with Hershel's head and the baby seat.

From Dusk Till Dawn- Was also a fan as I really love the barker. The motorcycles placed around were very nice and the Twister itself looked wonderful especially with that "neon" lighting. Hollywood's I would prefer as it did look a lot bigger.

AVP- Not too impressed to be honest. Just seemed like an average entrance. Here's a truck, there's some trees, and yeah. Without that Weyland-Yutani logo, you couldn't really guess what the facade was for. Didn't find Hollywood's honestly that impressive either, no offense, of course I never saw it up close so who knows. From what I saw on videos, meh.

Dracula Untold- Of course, this being my favorite house this year, I am a bit biased. I do love this facade. It was beautiful, there were a lot of things around like skulls and swords and shields, only problem is I wish that fake statue was really a guy. Looked better than Hollywood's and I think even they have to agree.

Roanoke- LOVE IT. It was massive and it felt very immersive, and it looked very good. One of my favorites.

Dollhouse- Also love it. Very colorful, very creepy. Loved the audio. The creepiest of the facades this year.

Giggles- Liked it. I like how this dark factory just randomly has colored pipes and things on it. It was a nice contrast. Was decently big as well.

Halloween- Gonna be blunt, without the projections it's just a house. Sure it's accurate, but still, it's a house. That's I guess the problem with Halloween, not really any unique sets. The projections added the spice this facade needed in my opinion. I still like it but I honestly prefer everything except AVP over it,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Guess it depends how you define best. I'll rank by how much they excited me to get inside and check it out.

1. Halloween... Completely biased pick. This was my most anticipated haunted attraction walkthrough of all time and I enjoyed every second of it. We were like little kids on Christmas morning.

2. From Dusk Till Dawn... Awesome set piece, but the barker out front (I'm including him as a part of the façade) made the scene priceless.

3. The Walking Dead... To this day, I still don't know if Hershel's head was animatronic or not. I could have sworn I saw the mouth move.

4. Dollhouse of the Damned... Deserved to be higher due to detail and creativity, but I couldn't lower my favorites.

5. Roanoke... Felt immersed. Loved the corn stalks.

6. Dracula Untold... 5 and 6 could have swapped, but to be honest, it almost felt a bit too cluttered with props.

And then it kinda dropped off for me.

7. AvP... A funky looking vehicle. Nothing that got me very excited.

8. Giggle & Gore... So unimpressed, I didn't even remember what it looked like. (least favorite house as well)

I wonder if there is a correlation between Halloween's ranking and the age of the person assigning it...

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

• 1 month later...