Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Even if I knew absolutely everything today, I would still enjoy jumping through those hoops to figure out exactly why the clues are what they are. HHN speculation & rumors to me is about the journey to the destination. What's the fun in knowing everything if you don't know why it is what it is?

Just my opinion.

• Like 3

Well you never know.

I analyzed it best I could. The original is strictly whispered which gives it no tonal quality as the vocal cords do not vibrate normally. It is impossible to determine based on tone if they are the same.

However, the cadence, inflections, and speech patterns of both seem to match. Coupled with the use identical audio cues I would say it is the same person. No way to be positive though.

Even if I knew absolutely everything today, I would still enjoy jumping through those hoops to figure out exactly why the clues are what they are. HHN speculation & rumors to me is about the journey to the destination. What's the fun in knowing everything if you don't know why it is what it is?

Just my opinion.

And honestly I agree. The event is typically the icing on the cake. The culmination of all the speculation. The months leading up to it are just as important to me... Maybe more.

• Like 3

Who honestly thinks the walking dead is coming back?

It's really hard for me to say that it is, or isn't. The way I see it, Universal is being put in an awfully rough spot in a way. They either continue with TWD and keep all those fans happy, while raking in additional profits they've been pulling, or they please the other crowd which over time is growing each year that wants all new house content. If I were them, I'd run with TWD at least 1 more year and see if the tv series loses any steam after this season. It's really hard to keep 15+ million people coming back for more week after week for long periods. If they can do it on tv, they can do it at HHN. The problem I have in my mind with them letting TWD go this year is that I honestly can't imagine what they could replace it with. It's not as simple as just throwing another ip or original to replace it. I assume they have projected goals of how much profit they want to make every year and I'd imagine they want that number to increase. How do they do that while losing an ip as huge as TWD? I've seen the lines only increase the past few years. Regardless of whether many of you like it or not I'm pretty sure the lines at TWD houses haven't really shrunk. AHS is not the ip that's going to get the general public in a frenzy enough to make them forget about TWD. The show's fanbase is just not large enough in my opinion. So I think the real question should be... What would Universal have up their sleeve in order to replace TWD? If there is a concrete answer to that, maybe I'd lean more in that direction.

It's simple. More houses. More houses means more space for IPs. I assure you that the increase in attendance over the past few years hasn't been solely from TWD. Yes, it has played a huge role in drawing in more guests. 2013 was a HUGE year for TWD with the "TWD takeover". I wasn't a fan of seeing zombies everywhere that I went in the park, but to the fans of the show it's a dream come true. However, we have also seen a plethora of other large IPs during this time. Take a look at CITW, AWIL, Evil Dead, AvP, and Halloween. These are just the bigger IPs in the past few years, but they have all heavily contributed to the increase of guests attending the event. The lines for these houses were just as long, or longer, than the lines for TWD in the past couple years. I would be lying if I said that TWD doesn't draw the crowd, but In my opinion it isn't needed anymore. In my eyes, TWD was more a catalyst for the IP "movement" so to speak. It's done its job and brought in loads of new guests and even more money. If they were to drop TWD, I strongly believe that they could still draw in huge crowds and make the profits that they want as long as they continue to bring in large IPs like Halloween and AWIL.

good point about the replacement of it. What show is as big as TWD that could relate to HHN? Short answer... there isnt one.

AHS is a hit but peanuts compared to TWD. Now will that make a difference in the crowds at HHN? I mean if TWD pulls in 15 million viewers a wek and AHS say only does 7.5 million.... its not like HHN is going to miss out on 7.5 million tickets sold. A popular IP is still going to pack the place.

As a huge fan of TWD I really hope its run its course. I think after last years "biggest house ever" you really cant go anywhere else with it.

And I love AHS too, but for you guys calling for 5 different houses of it in one year you LOCO!!!!! LOL

More great scenes from this season to use at HHN:

Rick taking a shower, shaving, and getting a hair cut.

Carl playing video games.

Carl pushing a stroller and talking to neighbors.

Rick walking around with NO zombies anywhere

Daryl shooting an opossum.

Wow gonna make for an intense house this year!

• Like 4

I have to agree. I haven't seen enough new elements for a house this year.

Unless AMC allows outside storing building, a house this year will hold nothing new.

*builds her delusion bubble and repeats no TWD this year*

• Like 1

Based on the background being the logo, I'm guessing this is just a general video like the Terror To Expect video which came out after The Walking Dead's announcement.

It is the phrase "after The Walking Dead announcement" that has my emotions in a swirl. I'm not sure if I should be excited or apprehensive.

Not only has the show been especially not house-worthy this season, your post demonstrates the biggest problem I see with TWD as an IP at HHN - the inability to show any of the characters that make the show what it is.

Regardless of the reason for that contract provision, not seeing a Rick or Daryl or Carol has just sucked the soul out of TWD houses. I wonder what percentage of the GP who loves TWD thought they would see those characters in the houses, and ended up being very disappointed.

I cannot think of any other IP at HHN that has not allowed non-monster characters to be represented alive or as kills.

So here's a question for those of us who are suffering from TWDOS (The Walking Dead Overload Syndrome): Would the removal of the "no characters allowed" provision from the houses be enough for you to actually look forward to another TWD house this year? I don't just mean seeing a dead Tyreese or Bob without a leg. I mean encountering the regular members as re-enactments of specific scenes.

• Like 1

Not only has the show been especially not house-worthy this season, your post demonstrates the biggest problem I see with TWD as an IP at HHN - the inability to show any of the characters that make the show what it is.

Regardless of the reason for that contract provision, not seeing a Rick or Daryl or Carol has just sucked the soul out of TWD houses. I wonder what percentage of the GP who loves TWD thought they would see those characters in the houses, and ended up being very disappointed.

I cannot think of any other IP at HHN that has not allowed non-monster characters to be represented alive or as kills.

So here's a question for those of us who are suffering from TWDOS (The Walking Dead Overload Syndrome): Would the removal of the "no characters allowed" provision from the houses be enough for you to actually look forward to another TWD house this year? I don't just mean seeing a dead Tyreese or Bob without a leg. I mean encountering the regular members as re-enactments of specific scenes.

Eh...it might help a bit, but honestly if it's that or getting AHS or even an all new original, then I would take AHS or the all new original.