Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

Oh Rings comes out sometime this year. (Reaper made me aware)

I know we had a room for Samara. IDK that last one was SOOO BAD. My first thought was who has a working, hooked up, VHS player anymore? then realized it was a prequel

Samara returns with a familiar video tape to strike terror again in the third film of the Ring franchise, The Ring 3

The film revolves around the events that took place before The Ring. It tells the story of the years before the video tape came to be and the beginning of how Samara's terror began

Taglines:

You stop living the moment you want to die.

I know we had a room for Samara. IDK that last one was SOOO BAD. My first thought was who has a working, hooked up, VHS player anymore? then realized it was a prequel

I wanted to respond to your snarky VHS comment, but my modem got disconnected because my wife picked up the extension.

• Like 3

Oh Rings comes out sometime this year. (Reaper made me aware)

I'm new here so I have some catching up to do regarding rumors, but is there really another Ring film coming out this year?

I'm new here so I have some catching up to do regarding rumors, but is there really another Ring film coming out this year?

Indeed there is:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ring%20film%202015&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CCoQtwIwAw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DuykBLPej8ZU&ei=xqPcVLiSJuO0sAT6gIKoDA&usg=AFQjCNFN8xcCNUdA2WJFMh2xHDqIe3ZLqA&bvm=bv.85761416,d.cWc

And welcome to Nightmares! I hope you enjoy it.

Edited by HomemadeHaunt
  • Like 1

Actually. That is the Ring 2 trailer :P

No trailer yet. November is stated as the release date on IMDB.

But you got Insidious 3 in June

Poltergeist in July

Sinister 2 in august

Victor Frankenstein in September

Crimson Peak in October

Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension (probably October)

Poltergeist in July

Sinister 2 in august

Crimson Peak in October

The Ring would be interesting.

I feel like Insidious is the most likely out of those films you listed with Sinister and ?Poltergeist? at a close second. Some of the people over on the Hollywood side are pretty confident in Sinister. Victor Frankenstein....maybe. Though I feel they're gonna wait until the actual Universal Monsters Reboot Universe version to have a full Frankenstein house forced on them. It all depends. Crimson Peak, I was pretty confident in back in December, but now, with all the other properties they may or may not be considering, I'm sorta thinking a no on that one.

I have a question that I'm sure some of the HHN vets can answer. Do you know when the Rush of Fear Pass ticket option 1st came into existence? I'm really bummed that opening night is going to be the 25th this year. Since that is the date, will they even offer a Rush of Fear Pass this year or are they going to change the whole ticketing system? I have a hard time imagining they could offer it (as we know it), since that would mean that the pass would extend into the 2nd week of Oct. I have a bad feeling about this. I really don't want to have to buy 2 separate express/tickets for Friday and Saturday. So unless they come up with a reasonable ticket offer, my group either loses a theoretical 4th night of HHN by going opening weekend or we'd still only get 3 nights of HHN (Wed-Fri) and head over to Howl-O-Scream and give them our money since Universal can't come up with reasonable ticket options for people traveling from out of town. I really thought the Rush of Fear Pass with express was perfect for our needs (as well as many others who travel there) and now there is a good chance they're going to mess it up because either a. they want to be cute and have HHN 25 start on the 25th or b. do what businesses usually do and milk as much money as possible from us fans of HHN. or c. both. Either way I'll be attending, but I really would just prefer to go the 4th day, enjoy it, and not feel like I just got robbed in the process.

Now...

What do you think the big name slasher will be? Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, or maybe Freddy vs. Jason???

Assuming one of those does show up, I think I'd like to see Nightmare on Elm Street, my wife says she'd like Friday the 13th. A nice boiler room scene vs. a campground... hmmm.

^^^^ Don't forget Dead Rising: Watchtower released on March 27th on Crackle and Krampus on Dec. 4th.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Now...

What do you think the big name slasher will be? Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, or maybe Freddy vs. Jason???

Assuming one of those does show up, I think I'd like to see Nightmare on Elm Street, my wife says she'd like Friday the 13th. A nice boiler room scene vs. a campground... hmmm.

^^^^ Don't forget Dead Rising: Watchtower released on March 27th on Crackle and Krampus on Dec. 4th.

I'd like to see Freddy Vs Jason, because it would be different than just NOES and F13TH as two singular houses.

Dead Rising is probably dead in the water thanks to Walking Dead. Krampus is a decent possibility.

ROF started.... 2010 if I remember correctly.

I think AHS is a lock at this point in one fashion or form.
Krampus as an original urban legend/transplant.
Insidious
TWD probably
Ritual
at least 2 new originals one being a LT house the other Catacombs or Nightingales (My bet on Nightingales)
NOES (probably F13 and TCM as well)
Best of house/Jack house
And maybe Poltergeist

• Like 1

ROF started.... 2010 if I remember correctly.

I think AHS is a lock at this point in one fashion or form.

Krampus as an original urban legend/transplant.

Insidious

TWD probably

Ritual

at least 2 new originals one being a LT house the other Catacombs or Nightingales (My bet on Nightingales)

NOES (probably F13 and TCM as well)

Best of house/Jack house

And maybe Poltergeist

ChuckApproves.gif

• Like 1

I'd like to see Freddy Vs Jason, because it would be different than just NOES and F13TH as two singular houses.

I think if we were to get a slasher house, FvJ would be the best bet. It involves TWO of horror history's greatest slashers, which draws in Freddy fans AND Jason fans, making a bigger crowd for Universal to make money on. I personally would rather FvJ, than a single house. When you have Freddy and Jason, you get 2 atmospheres. With freddy, you get boiler room scenes, and dark areas. With Jason, you get the camp grounds, lake, woods, etc. It's the best of both worlds.

• Like 1

I know we were tossing around potential cryptids that could be used as an original/urban legend type house a bit earlier. There is another fairly big one I left out that I think could possibly be used to make a decent house, that being the Skinwalker. For those who don't know what that is, it's basically a shapeshifter. The person usually transforms into various animal forms. In the past (in some cases), they would wear the pelt of the animal they were attempting to transform into (most likely for a little extra power boost). Some also believe they can read people's minds. Others also believe they have the ability to duplicate voices and whatever animal sounds they choose.

Actually. That is the Ring 2 trailer :P

No trailer yet. November is stated as the release date on IMDB.

Poltergeist in July

Sinister 2 in august

Crimson Peak in October

Woops. Sorry for my mistake. I was in class and must have over looked that small detail. Edited by HomemadeHaunt
  • Like 1

I know we were tossing around potential cryptids that could be used as an original/urban legend type house a bit earlier. There is another fairly big one I left out that I think could possibly be used to make a decent house, that being the Skinwalker. For those who don't know what that is, it's basically a shapeshifter. The person usually transforms into various animal forms. In the past (in some cases), they would wear the pelt of the animal they were attempting to transform into (most likely for a little extra power boost). Some also believe they can read people's minds. Others also believe they have the ability to duplicate voices and whatever animal sounds they choose.

LOTS of creepy stories on the net about Skinwalkers for sure! Good call!

Skin walkers are more folklore (and partially religous belief) then cryptid.

But, the 2012 UL house or El Chupacabra house could have had skin walkers incorporated into.

Skin walkers are similar to werewolves except instead of being unfortunate victims of a bite, the skin walkers seek out the transformation.

Well... I agree that the Skinwalker is folklore and religious to certain Native American tribes. However, I think through time, tv, books, etc. the Skinwalker has been kinda thrown in with all the other cryptids (sorta like the Wendigo). If you are a Native American, I mean no disrespect and apologize to anyone here that is, if I offended them.

I just figured it could make for an interesting house.

The more I think on it though, the more I'd love to see a Bigfoot house (wishful thinking). As long as they got the face masks done right, I think it could be pretty spectacular.

• Like 1

From Jimmy's tumblr.

I would love to see Lady Luck come back. I never got to experience her year, and it sounds like she was misused. She seemed really cool to me, and I wouldn't mind seeing here come back. Of course, this could just be Jimmy tieing in to how Friday the 13th is considered a bad luck day.

The movie is on the list of big horror releases of the year and most likely the best one being released in October, but for some odd reason I'm having difficulty imagining it being one of the houses. I have no real idea why. I'm not sure if it's because of the title or because as far as I know there really isn't a lot of information on what the movie is going to be about yet, but maybe as time goes on my feelings will change. The trailer definitely is a step in the right direction though. If anything, it might be too good. I wouldn't want them to just throw together a house based on this movie and not have it look anything like what the trailer (or movie once we see it) portrayed. It could cost quite a bit to recreate and with rumors of an increased number of houses this year floating around, will there be a budget for something like this? On top of that, they most likely will be open at least 3 days less this year compared to last year.

We know there more than likely will be an ip coming out this year made by Universal or one of it's partners that will make it's way to HHN. So who knows this early...

One more ticket question to any vets out there. If the Rush of Fear started around HHN 20, what types of package deals were offered prior to that?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR