Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

The return of Fractured Tales? I only started attending since 20, was that area any good?

Obviously I know there won't be a Dr. Who house, but I can still hope and dream. EXTERMINATE!!!! EXTERMINATE!!!!

Other than Psycho and maybe The Birds (which could be awful), what other Hitchcock films could be used that the masses would be excited for?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

I wouldn't be surprised if Universal would use a Hitchcock house to convince people to buy Unmasking the Horror just to know what they saw.

EDIT: They could do a Bloodengutzy thing with a TV or lead in to the next film showing the title of it. I don't know how much that would help though.

Edited by ForeverEvil1

The return of Fractured Tales? I only started attending since 20, was that area any good?

Fractured tales, for me at least, was Scary Tales the scarezone.

It was an okay zone. nothing to go nuts over. The zone had a few to very little props and just had to rely on the actors. Plus with people trying to get to the two houses in that area on top of the scarezone + food tents, it got very crowded in that little kid zone area.

Edited by Doctor Cogstein

I don't believe Universal made any plans to do a Treehouse of Horror overlay.

Based on comments about this topic from other sites the most of it is that Disneyland can do overlays because the ride system is the same but they can just add decorations, swap out AAs, projections and music.

With The Simpsons you would need:

*completely new script with expensive voice actors

*completely new animated ride film and pre show

*completely new ride programming to match the new film

Except for the theming and upgrades they made from BTTF, that's the budget of the actual Simpsons Ride just for a seasonal overlay.

i see, i want to ride on a halloween themed simpsons ride, but hey that was my idea for a seasonal ride for hollywood and orlando

A Hitchcock house would have a scare actor as Hitchcock himself before every scene, describing what we're about to see to prepare everyone like the old Alfred Hitchcock Presents tv show & I would love every second.

As much as I would love that, I'm not sure they can find that many people that look like him. But they do have 2 options.

They could do what H.R. Bloodengutz did by having him in the first scene or they could use the TV's and played Hitchcock's intro to each story. Both would make me happy :P

A Hitchcock house would have a scare actor as Hitchcock himself before every scene, describing what we're about to see to prepare everyone like the old Alfred Hitchcock Presents tv show & I would love every second.

That would be amazing, but as IHN said...

I do like the idea of having him at the beginning then using TV's playing intros.

Just a thought... There seems to be clues pointing toward an Alfred Hitchcock house right? What if it isn't any of his actual movies, but instead he is just the clue.

For instance, I found this on wikipedia... "Alfred Hitchcock Presents, sometimes called The New Alfred Hitchcock Presents, is an American anthology series that aired on NBC from 1985-1986, and on the USA Network from 1987 to 1989."

Catchy Theme Music/Sketch for the show:

American Horror Story is an anthology series that is very popular and would bring in people.

As much as I would love that, I'm not sure they can find that many people that look like him. But they do have 2 options.

They could do what H.R. Bloodengutz did by having him in the first scene or they could use the TV's and played Hitchcock's intro to each story. Both would make me happy :P

That's exactly what you do, Hitchcock in the flesh to intro the first room then TV's with old intros to all the upcoming rooms & a final scare from the master himself at the very end. It practically writes itself.

• Like 1

Just a thought... There seems to be clues pointing toward an Alfred Hitchcock house right? What if it isn't any of his actual movies, but instead he is just the clue.

For instance, I found this on wikipedia... "Alfred Hitchcock Presents, sometimes called The New Alfred Hitchcock Presents, is an American anthology series that aired on NBC from 1985-1986, and on the USA Network from 1987 to 1989."

Catchy Theme Music/Sketch for the show:

American Horror Story is an anthology series that is very popular and would bring in people.

Holy crap. In 4 years there were 7 seasons of the show? (did very minimal research and found a youtube channel with every episode called "Alfred Hitchcock Presents")

Being mass produced like that, does anyone know the quality of the show?

Sorry, when you said your original statement, I thought you meant an actor of Hitchcock in every single room. That might be a bit tricky. Lol

Apparently there were 2 runs of the show. The ones I mentioned were round 2. The originals ran 1955-1962. Either that or wikipedia is just lying, which is possible I suppose. But I'm pretty sure I remember watching the show at some point in the 80's soooo.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Holy crap. In 4 years there were 7 seasons of the show? (did very minimal research and found a youtube channel with every episode called "Alfred Hitchcock Presents")

Being mass produced like that, does anyone know the quality of the show?

Sorry, when you said your original statement, I thought you meant an actor of Hitchcock in every single room. That might be a bit tricky. Lol

It was a lot more crime and clever twist related than horror related (although some of the twists felt very horror-ish).

Two examples (I do not have episode titles as I saw these a long time ago, but I remember these two very clearly):

A man is on trial for vehicular homicide and the lawyer goes to great and very underhanded lengths to prove that the star witness is in no way reliable because of their vision, and ends up getting his client cleared of charges. Meanwhile, the wife of the lawyer finds out that the lawyer has been cheating and decides to take action. She runs the lawyer over with her car with the former star witness as the only one who sees the crime happen. When the police arrive, the witness simply said, I would like to tell you what happened, but this man has just proven in court that I am legally an unreliable witness.

A woman who is in prison for murder seduces the prison undertaker and talks him into smuggling her out in a coffin with a dead body and then digging her up later so they can be together. She hears of a death and goes to the mortuary and climbs into the coffin and gets buried alive. As she starts to run out of air she gets nervous and uses her lighter to see in the dark, only to find out that the body in the coffin with her is the undertaker.

That being said, I do not see them using the show as a basis for a house, but more his half dozen creepy movie scenes. If they are not planning on running it like Bloodengutz or Silver Screams, it could also work if they went the Poe route and made a fictional backstory to Hitchcock as to where his inspirations came from.

It was a lot more crime and clever twist related than horror related (although some of the twists felt very horror-ish).

Two examples (I do not have episode titles as I saw these a long time ago, but I remember these two very clearly):

A man is on trial for vehicular homicide and the lawyer goes to great and very underhanded lengths to prove that the star witness is in no way reliable because of their vision, and ends up getting his client cleared of charges. Meanwhile, the wife of the lawyer finds out that the lawyer has been cheating and decides to take action. She runs the lawyer over with her car with the former star witness as the only one who sees the crime happen. When the police arrive, the witness simply said, I would like to tell you what happened, but this man has just proven in court that I am legally an unreliable witness.

A woman who is in prison for murder seduces the prison undertaker and talks him into smuggling her out in a coffin with a dead body and then digging her up later so they can be together. She hears of a death and goes to the mortuary and climbs into the coffin and gets buried alive. As she starts to run out of air she gets nervous and uses her lighter to see in the dark, only to find out that the body in the coffin with her is the undertaker.

That being said, I do not see them using the show as a basis for a house, but more his half dozen creepy movie scenes. If they are not planning on running it like Bloodengutz or Silver Screams, it could also work if they went the Poe route and made a fictional backstory to Hitchcock as to where his inspirations came from.

I must say, those 2 stories do sound very Hitchcock-esque and sound amazing!

I did also figure they would go the Poe route but I fear if they do that again, that will become the standard for any horror icon that HHN wants to do. Maybe it's just me overthinking but yeah :P

Wishful thinking/ Interesting thought:

H.R. 2 will be making an Author's or Director's work that isn't scary like Dr. Seuss (but not him specifically because I know the story on Boo-ville, just an example). And turn it into horror like he did the holidays. Just a thought if they truly wanted to do another H.R. house. But I doubt it.

MIsfits will be having a house according to the hints on Twitter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misfits_%28band%29

100000000000000% this have to be that's my prove

not sure what song they will be doing thou they have a lot a amazing one's

for Murphy they had a skit they did called Murphy s law

Umm...I think you are looking at Hollywood's twitter. Also, what does Murphy have to do with anything?

• Like 1

MIsfits will be having a house according to the hints on Twitter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misfits_%28band%29

100000000000000% this have to be that's my prove

not sure what song they will be doing thou they have a lot a amazing one's

for Murphy they had a skit they did called Murphy s law

@HorrorNightsORL is Orlando not @HorrorNights which is Hollywood.

Also Murphy's Law was the name of another band The Misfits played with.

Edited by IheartNARWHALS