Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

JDW

The rumor is there's a ninth house by Macy's in NY. Behind the Thrills reported it and confirmed it happened but I don't buy it for the same reason Legacy stated. Or maybe they just decided the budget allocated for LT this year to do this one thing for the final weekend? If they did it, amazing. If not, I wouldn't be surprised.

Also, they never added tomorrow to regular FFPs and Guest Relations is still saying they're not adding either day to the FFPs so there's a very real chance they won't be added this year, which really sucks.

Edited by foREVer56

I find it hilarious and upsetting that they would do an extra house and not have it open for yesterday or today, I can only imagine the shitstorm that will create wiith people hearing that there was an extra house that most of them didn't get to see, Specially with the crowd problems this year got lol,

Im thinking it might be an indoor scarezone with no props or anything but with just actors. It seriously would suck if they didn't open it for today if they had an extra house.

Im not really surprised they won't add Saturday to the passes, they don't need to anymore, the last day won't be so empty so they don't need to add all those ffp people. It sucks but it doesn't surprise me

wow so they didn't really add saturday to the FFP, that's so weird. Specially with how I heard Friday was pretty dead because of halloween. heard the lines were pretty good. I wonder how many tickets they sold for today.
It's pretty bizarre.

• Like 1

I've heard it was a tie between Halloween and Dollhouse of the Damned. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

That's also what I heard.

I heard Halloween night the lines were 60-75 which is slow to us, but long to normal guests. My cousins were there while I was at MNSSHP and they said it was very busy. Then I talked to my friends that go often and they said it was dead. So there's that. Tonight was quite quiet though and it was nice to get a few last runs through some of the houses without waiting long.

• Like 1

Purge got Street of the Year. They celebrated by removing their masks and reciting the pledge of allegiance from the film in front of the bus. They also celebrated by nearly running me over with a motorcycle on their last set.

Going back to my thing about the Walking Dead wait time sign, they basically locked it at 45 minutes for the entire last night. The line actually started around 30 and gradually dipped below 20, but the sign never budged.

Edited by Cody
  • Like 2

Purge and Halloween were obvious, but Dollhouse is shocking and makes me super happy. I didn't know it was that popular with guests/Universal Management. It's my personal favorite, so I think it deserves it.

Crowds were non exsistent tonight. Halloween and AvP hit 60 but everything else was 45 or less. FDTD and Roanoke were literally walk ons for nearly the entire night. Giggles and Dollhouse were 20 or less all night. Drac and TWD posted 45 at their highest. It was a great last night.

Also, that final B&T was worth the extra $77 I had to pay. Mike did Smaug live. That was worth it right there.

• Like 2

The Purge was not obvious. It was a joke of a scare zone. It's not scary and is entirely an action zone. There was not a lot of good theming (compared to Bayou), the ambience was not intense (compared to Saws n Steam for example), their "shows" were laughably boring, etc.

When the other scarezones consist of one that had it's main attracting element cut, one that's a very small street with minimal props, and a photo op, yeah it sort of was obvious. Bayou might of had a chance if it's sacrifice wasn't cut, as well as the Purge having a major size advantage.

• Like 4