Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

JDW

If that's true about Halloween, it has to have been earlier on. That hasn't been the case the past week or so for that house. Shoots up to an hour real quick and expeditiously rises even higher. Except on either Thursday or Friday last weekend where it was a 5 min wait til around 6:45 for some reason. but that was not the norm at all.

Anyone know how the crowds were last night? This week is the one where Orange County has thursday and Friday off of schools and I was wondering if going tonight was even worth it. Already been 5 nights, don't mind waiting until next week if tonight is going to be unbearable.

Anyone know how the crowds were last night? This week is the one where Orange County has thursday and Friday off of schools and I was wondering if going tonight was even worth it. Already been 5 nights, don't mind waiting until next week if tonight is going to be unbearable.

Even if it is bad tonight, it's open till 2. Most people clear out by midnight. So after that the lines should thin out tremendously. The FF horde is going to be there though so do some rides. It couldn't hurt.

Without rushing/express, we did:

Halloween/FDTD 4

Dollhouse/Drac 3

Roanoke 2

TWD/AvP/Giggles 1

Plus RHPS and Transformers. So I guess it wasn't too packed. xD

Halloween was under 30 all the way until 7:30. It was the longest of the night at 90. TWD peaked at 75 for about an hour then was 45-60 all night. Same with AvP. Roanoke FDTD and Dollhouse never made it past 30. Drac and Giggles hit 60 very briefly but were 45 or less most of the night. Drac was literally a walk on from 11:30-1. FDTD was 10 or less for almost the entire night. It was amazing. I'm never not going on a Wednesday again. lol

And isn't it a little late to add anything to the queues at this point? They made the screen in front of TWD playing trivia WAY brighter last night too.

I still ended up going last night but wow was it beyond packed. The streets were so congested and for most of the night when I would check times, 6 houses would be at 120-150 min with 2 around 60/70 (Usually FDTD and Dracula). But when I walked over to KidZone and saw Dollhouse at 125 and Roanoke at 130 at the same time I decided to just walk around until around 12 and then hit houses once people started clearing out. Did AVP with about a 15 minute wait, Giggles with maybe 5 minutes, Roanoke with about 20, and FDTD with about a 45. Just spent most of the night in the zones. Also, AVP and Dracula both had projections last night.

Edited by Giorules

I have a sneaking suspicion that TWD has been inflating its wait times. Three times I've entered the queue at 60 or 90 minute waits and only waited 35 minutes at the most (including delays). Every time I've walked past the queue since, the time has consistently been anywhere from 60 to 120 minutes but was visibly very short, the same length as when I waited 30 minutes. Entering other house queues confirmed that the line wasn't double-backing in the soundstage section backstage, so no chance that they changed the queue over there to lengthen it out of view.

Either way, the Walking Dead line has always had a massive discrepancy from what it actually claims. I have a suspicion that the wait time is being artificially inflated, either to keep the house from becoming packed or (more cynically) to make it seem more popular than it is. I'd brush it off as lucky mistakes if I hadn't checked literally every day that I've attended the event several times a night and found it to be consistently wrong. It's happened too often to just be a typical error.

Edited by Cody
  • Like 1

I have a sneaking suspicion that TWD has been inflating its wait times. Three times I've entered the queue at 60 or 90 minute waits and only waited 35 minutes at the most (including delays). Every time I've walked past the queue since, the time has consistently been anywhere from 60 to 120 minutes but was visibly very short, the same length as when I waited 30 minutes. Entering other house queues confirmed that the line wasn't double-backing in the soundstage section backstage, so no chance that they changed the queue over there to lengthen it out of view.

Either way, the Walking Dead line has always had a massive discrepancy from what it actually claims. I have a suspicion that the wait time is being artificially inflated, either to keep the house from becoming packed or (more cynically) to make it seem more popular than it is. I'd brush it off as lucky mistakes if I hadn't checked literally every day that I've attended the event several times a night and found it to be consistently wrong. It's happened too often to just be a typical error.

I remember that on opening night, they DEflated the times. I went to TWD and it said 40 mins, but we waited an hour an a half. Every wait time was about 2x as long as posted, with the exception of Dollhouse which said 40 mins but was a walk-on

• Like 1

But doesn't Express also play a factor? If there's a lot of Express people, they can make the line even longer. However, if there is less than the standby line is going to move faster. It just seems like a variable that can always change so sometimes the line could be less than posted but it could be more if not what is posted.

I'm sure it's a psy op cohorted by the Illuminati, Tri Lateral Commision, Skul and Bones, and the Builderburg group. The truth is out there.

• Like 1

But doesn't Express also play a factor? If there's a lot of Express people, they can make the line even longer. However, if there is less than the standby line is going to move faster. It just seems like a variable that can always change so sometimes the line could be less than posted but it could be more if not what is posted.

Express doesn't play as much of a factor as it seems, as the Express lines only get occasional groups of people rather than a nonstop flood like the regular queue. Express couldn't really add more than 5, maybe 10 minutes at the most.

What I do know is that the line has never been more than 30 or 35 minutes every time I've gone through and has visibly been no longer than 40 minutes but has consistently read wait times of ridiculous lengths. I'm going again tonight and I'll record how the line looks and compare it to the posted wait time just to prove my theory.

Edited by Cody

I've waited 30 when it's said 60 and 75 when it said 75. So it just depends. Also, if both the regular and express queues are almost 100% full and it posts a 160-180 min wait, I'm inclined to believe it.

Also, tonight is sold out according to Universal. I'm calling 200 min posted waits for Halloween/TWD, 180 for AvP, 120-150 for everything else. I feel like Halloween and AvP's queues aren't prepared to deal with that kind of crowd.

• Like 1

Express doesn't play as much of a factor as it seems, as the Express lines only get occasional groups of people rather than a nonstop flood like the regular queue. Express couldn't really add more than 5, maybe 10 minutes at the most.

What I do know is that the line has never been more than 30 or 35 minutes every time I've gone through and has visibly been no longer than 40 minutes but has consistently read wait times of ridiculous lengths. I'm going again tonight and I'll record how the line looks and compare it to the posted wait time just to prove my theory.

Go get'em tiger!

About last night. All these projections at almost every house except Roanoke. When did this happen? Do they only play them on packed nights? That was the first time ever seeing them. The AvP one was hilarious. It was the logo then it cut to a Lego animated scene from one of the Alien movies xDDD But the one in the Dollhouse queue (I saw coming out of Roanoke) had all the Icons. It was a nice touch for people waiting in the regular queues.

Also last night was very successful for me with one of my friends. We have express so we got there at 8, did every house (except TWD because we didn't want to go through it) and every ride (except The Simpsons because we didn't want to walk to the back of the park for it) and we ended up leaving at 12:30. The park closed at 2. So in 3 1/2 hours we did every house and every ride with express.

• Like 1

Entering the house now. Line is about 50 minutes. The sign is literally almost 2 hours overestimating it.

Edit: I don't think the queue even has a 160 minute capacity. The wait was under an hour and used almost the entire queue space available.

Edited by Cody
  • Like 1