Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

JDW

Wednesdays seems to be a good day to do all the houses if you get there early. dolls, Roanoke and Dusk stay below 30 minutes until around 8:30. it is getting kind of cold now which is great.

as for walking dead returning, I dont mind just as long as they make them look more scary, i wish their make up was more scary. or use better masks than before. this is the house they use to bring in the crowds and the house they use in advertising, you would think they would try to make the walkers a little bit more rotting and deadly looking

• Like 1

I went Wednesday and Thursday. Those that went only Thursday should be VERY jealous of those who went Wednesday. I got through every house and ate dinner at Louies in the first 3.5 hours and then repeated quite a few on Wednesday, but it took me ALL night to do it last night. That being said, I made it through all the houses, rode RRR/Mummy and watched RHPS/Bill and Ted last night.

Did anyone else get the 'What people are saying about HHN 24' email?

Based upon this quote included in the email: "Halloween and The Walking Dead houses were my favorite. I cried and screamed in both lol. Loved it!!" and the fact that they have questions about TWD returning on their survey, I would guess we will get another year of TWD.

Cant wait till next years Walking Dead Horror Nights!!!!

i wasn't there but from what I saw on Twitter TWD actually dropped to a posted 30 min wait around 11 and Halloween was steadily 60-90 all night. TWD might be drawing people in, but word of mouth is getting everyone to Halloween, much like AWiL last year.

yet they won't bring any of those houses back in any way...

Im not saying I wish for them to just bring AVP, AWIL and Halloween back as exact replicas. But they could easily do a sequel house to both AVP and Halloween, Specially AVP! there is so much they can do with that, even if they reused the puppets they could do so much more with the predators (new costumes maybe) and the sets. (And they could even bring back the werewolf puppets for something else. Maybe not AWIL related but create their own original american werewolf house)

My point is that both years other houses Besides WD are the ones with the longest lines and the ones that are making the fans happy. I know no one wants repeats. and maybe bringing back those 3 so soon is not a smart idea, but I just makes me think about how Other classic properties can bring in a big crowd but then we get stuck with stuff like Ffrom dusk till Dawn and Dracula.

wouldn't it be smart to keep doing 80s movie houses? aren't people loving them? word of mouth being so good, and the lines being so long, you would think they would stick to other movies like that.

Will we get saw back? a child's play house with animatronic chucky dolls? will we get a freddy vs jason house? Im sure if they actually made a chucky house like that people would come to see the puppets

Edited by clash
  • Like 1

Okay. I have a question. I am going to HHN with a friend and she won't have an express pass. But my sister and I have one. I was going to ask that the girl I'm going with to buy her regular ticket. But can i seek in my sister's pass and have the express work for her or does it have to be scanned at the gate to have express on it? Just wondering.

Edited by IheartNARWHALS

Can't wait to go back for closing night! Going to take the UTH tour at 2, try Gringotts again, and go through Halloween and AVP ALL NIGHT LONG!

Has anyone noticed major changes since opening weekend? Anything I should be aware of? Think the only thing I missed was the the Purge auction. You guys know when they normally perform them?

I haven't been on here in awhile but I could've sworn a few weeks ago there was a post about the ravens in the houses. Did we ever determine if there's one in every house?

I Thought they were crows not ravens, but I could be wrong. I was able to spot crows in the following houses

DOTD

Halloween

Roanoke

FDTD

and TWD

no luck on giggles and gore

AVP

or Dracula

but I was looking hard

Edited by psychopathy

So last night was the busiest night of HHN I've ever attended in 10 years. Reported 41 THOUSAND people in attendance. TWD was 120 min by 6:20. Rides were 45-90 all night. Kang and Kodos was even 15 min at one point. Streets were unbearable to walk in. It was disgusting.

These were the house wait times at 10pm:

Halloween/TWD 160 (They both hit 180 at one point in the night)

AvP 140 (was at 150 later as well)

Dracula 120

Giggles 110

Roanoke/Dollhouse/FDTD 90

When the shortest queue time in the park is 90 minutes, I think that means it's time to expand the event. 2 more houses, 2 more shows, open up Potter, 2 parks, more rides open. 8 houses 6 rides and 2 shows are not enough to handle 41k people.

• Like 2

I Thought they were crows not ravens, but I could be wrong. I was able to spot crows in the following houses

DOTD

Halloween

Roanoke

FDTD

and TWD

no luck on giggles and gore

AVP

or Dracula

but I was looking hard

There is a crow in every house besides avp says my umth tour guide.

Actually, there is no crow in Dracula right now. It was taken out for some reason and will be put back in the house in the future

I Looked through this house three times for it that makes so much sense now

Where was it before?

I guess they could have put it on the facade or on the truck in front of the entrance

So last night was the busiest night of HHN I've ever attended in 10 years. Reported 41 THOUSAND people in attendance. TWD was 120 min by 6:20. Rides were 45-90 all night. Kang and Kodos was even 15 min at one point. Streets were unbearable to walk in. It was disgusting.

These were the house wait times at 10pm:

Halloween/TWD 160 (They both hit 180 at one point in the night)

AvP 140 (was at 150 later as well)

Dracula 120

Giggles 110

Roanoke/Dollhouse/FDTD 90

When the shortest queue time in the park is 90 minutes, I think that means it's time to expand the event. 2 more houses, 2 more shows, open up Potter, 2 parks, more rides open. 8 houses 6 rides and 2 shows are not enough to handle 41k people.

well, how could they add more to the park without opening Potter or without doing a 2 park event?

I don't think Diagon will ever be opened during hhn, I think that's something everyone needs to accept at this point. And doing a two park, Can they still even do that?

can they still connect the parks for HHN if they wanted to?

the only thing I could see happening is that they add another show or one more small house, something that won't cost too much. maybe another glow in the dark house like they did before with the monsters house,Or...just raise ticket prices which is most likely

Edited by clash

OK so I have read this board over and over again to try and create an action plan that suits my group. Maybe some of you pros can help me out. Here is the deal, we are a group of 7 meeting up for HHN on Sat. the 25th. Due to financial situations from some in our party the express pass is out of the question and we all agreed that if some can't get it then none will, we are doing this together as a group. We are staying a the new Cabana Beach Resort and was told they have a separate line at the front gate for Universal Resort guests. We plan to be there early so that we can get in to the park as soon as the gates open. Once we are in what is the best action plan as far as route to take? I am sure that we will not be able to see each house so the follow-up question is what houses should be skipped if need be? We are not planning on seeing any shows or going on any rides, this night is strictly all about the haunted houses from 6:00 PM until 2:00 AM! All opinions and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Danny

OK so I have read this board over and over again to try and create an action plan that suits my group. Maybe some of you pros can help me out. Here is the deal, we are a group of 7 meeting up for HHN on Sat. the 25th. Due to financial situations from some in our party the express pass is out of the question and we all agreed that if some can't get it then none will, we are doing this together as a group. We are staying a the new Cabana Beach Resort and was told they have a separate line at the front gate for Universal Resort guests. We plan to be there early so that we can get in to the park as soon as the gates open. Once we are in what is the best action plan as far as route to take? I am sure that we will not be able to see each house so the follow-up question is what houses should be skipped if need be? We are not planning on seeing any shows or going on any rides, this night is strictly all about the haunted houses from 6:00 PM until 2:00 AM! All opinions and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Danny

It's entirely possible to see every house even on that night. Even on the 41k person night from hell on sunday I still saw both shows and would've made it through the last 2 houses had we not left early.

Best thing to do would be to just do the park counter clockwise, Roanoke-FDTD. They make everyone go to the right when you get in anyway (only for like 5 min though. Then they just give up and let everyone go staight). Do Roanoke and Dollhouse rightaway with 5-10 min waits. Halloween will probably be 30-40. Giggles about 25-35. At this point it'll start picking up with attendance. TWD will for sure be 120+, AvP 75, Drac 65. My suggestion is do Drac, then see the shows, do FDTD and then all you'll have are TWD and AvP. FDTD will get up to 90 but will drop to 20-30 min by 11 so don't do that one right away. After all that, your best bet is to wait the line for AvP. Even when AvP hit 150 Sunday, it went back down to 75-90 around 11-close. TWD opened and closed the event at 120, though, so you really have no choice but to wait til the end for that one.

If you hit everything in the right order, it's real easy to see everything, even on super busy nights.

Edited by foREVer56

Danny

First tip: get to the gate early. I showed up at the on-site entrance on the second night of the event 30 minutes before opening and was 10th in line. I recommend 45 minutes early for your group. You are going on one of the busiest nights of the year, so make sure everyone's on time, on their game, and able to move quickly.

You're going to get stuck in some long waits without express. There's no way around it. If you have 5 people wanting express, and 2 not being able to afford it, I'd highly recommend your "haves" split the cost for the "have nots" - - it'll make your experience so much more enjoyable.

Anyways...if I were in your shoes without express, I would do this:

1) Alien Versus Predator

2) From Dusk Till Dawn

3) Roanoke

4) Dollhouse

5) Halloween

6) Giggles

7) Dracula

8) The Walking Dead

Keep in mind, wait times drop significantly later in the night. Also, if you line up for a house right before 2 AM, you'll still get to go through -- no matter what the wait is. If you were to jump in line for TWD at 1:59 AM, you'd still get to see it. Don't waste your time in a 120 + minute wait for TWD. It's simply not worth it.

The best houses are Halloween and AVP. I'd make a point to try and see those twice if you have extra time.