Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

JDW

I'll just do what I do now, try to visit the houses from 6 to 7:30. that's it. now I pretty much get 1 hour and a half to do whatever I can, so I guess that's okay. It would be pretty terrible if I had to go at the park at 8 like so many people do

with my express I leave my house at 6 and get there around 7, eat at Panda Express (lol) and get at HHN around 7;30 to 8 and still do every house and a show :P

Hopefully a ninth house might equal out crowds or am I hoping too much?

Nope. Capacity-wise, they're just under the equivalent of nine houses now because of TWD (it's the literal size of two houses). Until there's more space than the people can fill, it's going to stay like this, or get worse.

Maybe next year they will open up Diagon Alley during HHN. That might take away a little from the lines.

Also I have noticed that sometimes the lights are on in Diagon Alley and sometimes they're off. I was thinking when they're on they are renting it out. Would I be right in that assumption Mr. Legacy?

Woah. What is this nine house talk? Any fact behind this or just conjecture?

Highly logical conjecture.

One house this year is "twice as long" with "twice as many scareactors, which means they've basically built and cast nine houses this year. Throw in the fact that next year is the 25th anniversary and the attendance is near an all-time high and you have a need for a ninth house.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 1

Highly logical conjecture.

One house this year is "twice as long" with "twice as many scareactors, which means they've basically built and cast nine houses this year. Throw in the fact that next year is the 25th anniversary and

Makes sense. Just wasn't sure if anything has been said on the matter from Universal directly.

• Like 1

I'm not really sure what creates more white noise, the complaints from older angry fans or the defending posts from the fanboys and the brand new fans walking dead created lol. I think this year there is a little more white noise from the brand new fanbase that came to the park exclusively because of walking dead :lol:

I've been going probably way before you started going (fright nights). Like someone just said, enjoy what you can and be done with it. Change is a part of life and HHN is no exception. Deal with it. Ust because people understand that things change does not mean they're fanboys or any other name you want to throw out. Finally, if you want to call somebody names, be upfront about it? With that being said, hope everyone has a good sunday. Fantasy football's calling folks.

• Like 1

I can also attest to it being absolutely slammed on Thursday night (10/9). I thought it would be a little better being earlier in the season, non peak night, etc but was completely wrong. By now through all the years I've attended, I've learned there is no peak night and the only way to do everything comfortably is with express. So goodbye $120 lol. Still completely worth it.

Anyway yeah the lines....I walked in about 6:45 or 7. TWD was already at 120 minutes. It dropped once to 90 minutes all night but generally stayed at 120. Dracula Untold said 10 minutes so I went ahead and did it, ended up being around 15 so not bad. AVP said 30-45 (can't remember) so did it while it was low so I could hit it again later and it actually ended up being that. The express line actually wasn't much shorter for it at that time. So that was awesome because right after it spiked to 60 and then 90 lol.

I was surprised with the express lines overall this year. The past few years that I've gotten it, everything has been walk on to 5 minutes. That wasn't the case on Thursday. Quite a few lines were still around 20 minutes with the longest probably being Giggles N Gore which wrapped around twice. Granted that isn't horrible but these were $80 passes. Anyway I'm glad I didn't mess around too much and think I had more time then I did.

Halloween & TWD were 120 all night I believe. AVP was around 90 and I think reached 120 at one point. Dracula Untold was 45 at one point but I don't think it went higher. The rest were all 60-75 minutes.

The lines to TWD, Halloween & Dollhouse looked the most insane to me. Halloween looked by far the worst and could have actually been longer then 120. Even at 12:50 AM that line was still wrapping all the way back taking up most of the que.

If anyone is reading this and still needs to go, I would not recommend doing it without an express pass. If the lines were that bad this early, it is probably going to get a lot worse.

I'll write a review tomorrow. I had a great time.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

I've been going probably way before you started going (fright nights). Like someone just said, enjoy what you can and be done with it. Change is a part of life and HHN is no exception. Deal with it. Ust because people understand that things change does not mean they're fanboys or any other name you want to throw out. Finally, if you want to call somebody names, be upfront about it? With that being said, hope everyone has a good sunday. Fantasy football's calling folks.

well I did said fanboys as in "plural" I was talking in general about new fans that are raving about the event. Seriously a lot of the positive reviews I've seen are from peeps that have been going a couple of years only because of walking dead lol.

I can also attest to it being absolutely slammed on Thursday night (10/9). I thought it would be a little better being earlier in the season, non peak night, etc but was completely wrong. By now through all the years I've attended, I've learned there is no peak night and the only way to do everything comfortably is with express. So goodbye $120 lol. Still completely worth it.

Anyway yeah the lines....I walked in about 6:45 or 7. TWD was already at 120 minutes. It dropped once to 90 minutes all night but generally stayed at 120. Dracula Untold said 10 minutes so I went ahead and did it, ended up being around 15 so not bad. AVP said 30-45 (can't remember) so did it while it was low so I could hit it again later and it actually ended up being that. The express line actually wasn't much shorter for it at that time. So that was awesome because right after it spiked to 60 and then 90 lol.

I was surprised with the express lines overall this year. The past few years that I've gotten it, everything has been walk on to 5 minutes. That wasn't the case on Thursday. Quite a few lines were still around 20 minutes with the longest probably being Giggles N Gore which wrapped around twice. Granted that isn't horrible but these were $80 passes. Anyway I'm glad I didn't mess around too much and think I had more time then I did.

Halloween & TWD were 120 all night I believe. AVP was around 90 and I think reached 120 at one point. Dracula Untold was 45 at one point but I don't think it went higher. The rest were all 60-75 minutes.

The lines to TWD, Halloween & Dollhouse looked the most insane to me. Halloween looked by far the worst and could have actually been longer then 120. Even at 12:50 AM that line was still wrapping all the way back taking up most of the que.

If anyone is reading this and still needs to go, I would not recommend doing it without an express pass. If the lines were that bad this early, it is probably going to get a lot worse.

I'll write a review tomorrow. I had a great time.

another way someone could do it without express was to be waiting at the entrance by 5 or something like that. be the first one to enter the park and try to hit Dusk,AVP then go for Giggles or Dracula and then go for wait for Halloween, after halloween it could be easy to hit Dolls and Roanoke with some waiting. Yeah..... I left out walking dead because there is no way to do that house and everything else. you either do the other 7 houses and wait 2 hours for walking dead (or skip it) or you do walking dead and wait for an hour and then at 7 try to do AVP giggles and halloween.

you could get lucky and be able to do walking dead and the other 7 but If I didn't have an express pass I wouldn't risk it. I guess if someone was going without express they would have to ask themselves, what's more important? seeing walking dead or seeing the other ones.

I've seen walking dead go up to 60 minutes by 6:30 when it just opened. Dolls and Roanoke doesn't get a long line until around 7:30 or so.

Yes TWD is the size of two houses, but we have 8 quelines still. If we had nine houses the 9th queue line would releave a lot more than TWD and one queue.

I don't think a ninth queue will releave as much crowding as you think. Attendance next year is probably going to break records, since it will likely combine IPs and the HHN icons fan boys have been clamoring for. The space a new line creates will immediately be filled by more people showing up. The only real way to leave crowding is to rxpand beyond the saturation point. And houses, actually, won't be enough. Diagon would help, but it's still unlikely.

And that's ignoring KidZone...

• Like 2

Hello everyone. To the people that helped me out when I was freaking out about not making all the houses... Just thank you.

I took all your advice and literally went through houses 19 times in one night. I even got to be the last person to go through Halloween and got every scare.

Anyways thanks for the input. you guys are the best

Hello everyone. To the people that helped me out when I was freaking out about not making all the houses... Just thank you.

I took all your advice and literally went through houses 19 times in one night. I even got to be the last person to go through Halloween and got every scare.

Anyways thanks for the input. you guys are the best

Care to share how you pulled this off?

Care to share how you pulled this off?

Yea no problem!

because I only go to the event once or twice a year I usually go hard when I do

Im pretty sure I look like one of those frenzied zombies from 28 days later during HHN

First things first I bit the bullet and got express passes.. so much money.....

I also didnt go on any rides or watch any shows but I did stop for dinner and the scarezones and bathroom breaks

I stayed inside the holding area by the mummy and once the park opened I did not leave till around 2:15. So I was there the whole time.

I did as many houses as I could without using the express passes so I did it in this order

AVP

FDTD

Dracula

Giggles

and then Roanoke

then the waits started getting too long so I began to use express so I did:

Dollhouse

TWD

AVP

and Halloween

at this point two of the people I was with had done all the houses so they decided to leave and give me and my sister their express passes... great people I tell you so with double express for some houses we did:

Roanoke once

FDTD once

Dracula another two times

Giggles another two times

at this point it was 1 am and the park crowds were thinning out so we ran and did

AVP in about 20 minutes

then we ran over to dollhouse which had a five minute wait and did it TWICE

and with about four minutes left before closing we made it into the line for Halloween where we waited for them to shut off the line so we could be in the back of the line with no one in front of or behind us while we went through the house (Which was the highlight of my day and arguably the most intense thing I have ever done)

In the end we did:

AVP: 3

Dracula: 3

Giggles: 3

Dollhouse:3

Halloween: 2

FDTD: 2

Roanoke: 2

TWD: 1

So anyways Thank you all so much for the help.

• Like 2

And that's why we will continue seeing IPs. The IPs will bring in a wider market, but that wider market is coming because of IPs. If Universal stops using IPs, those people stop coming. It's why 2008 (Bloody Mary) saw a massive drop in attendance (if I remember correctly like 10-15%) from the year prior and the year after (Carnival of Carnage and Ripped from the Silver Screen).

I've had time to think about this sentence. You're not correct.

http://stateofworkingamerica.org/great-recession/

The recession started December 2007 (after HHN '07), had its large economic impact mid '08 (driving down attendance for HHN '08), and then ended June '09 (before HHN '09). That's what caused it - NOT the original content.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 2

Wow, you seem to have..... analyzed this critically! I believe that OC brings in some fans that IP's still would not, and while it is true that IP's bring more in, I don't think it would normally cause a huge dip (10-15%) in attendance, to add in to what you were saying. Good work, critical analysis!

Edited by duh1011