Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood

JDW

What is with the hate for this house? I really, REALLY liked it! The sets are gorgeous and there are actually a few really good scares in here and some solid show elements like the arrow room and the rip scene. I really had no idea what was going on because its more of a medieval battle house than it is Dracula.. but still enjoyable. Seeing the movie before hand could have definitely helped. It wasnt at all close to my favorite or even in my top three favorites for this year, but it was in the top five.

Seriously though, I just dont see it.. HATERS GONNA HATE HATE HATE AND I'M JUST GONNA SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE! SHAKE EM OFF!

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

I mean the house is beautiful looking. But I think the scares aren't as good as the other houses. Like you said and I've been saying, maybe seeing the movie will make things better scare wise. Taking Dracula Untold off the maze, it would be a good original concept house. I think having the IP makes the standard a little higher, at least for me it is.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who felt the story was sort of obvious? I saw it as "Turks invade Dracula's castle" and besides the living statues and the brief Baba Yaga, that's what it was. The movie is probably going to make it more complex, but until that I just see it as "Turks invade, battle with vampire and his soldiers".

• Like 1

The movie is taking a beating on Rotten Tomatoes. Not going to waste my time or money.

Such bullshit Universal uses HHN for their shitty products. This house had great sets and a few good scares, but was an enormous misstep in marketing synergy.

• Like 1

What is with the hate for this house? I really, REALLY liked it! The sets are gorgeous and there are actually a few really good scares in here and some solid show elements like the arrow room and the rip scene. I really had no idea what was going on because its more of a medieval battle house than it is Dracula.. but still enjoyable. Seeing the movie before hand could have definitely helped. It wasnt at all close to my favorite or even in my top three favorites for this year, but it was in the top five.

Seriously though, I just dont see it.. HATERS GONNA HATE HATE HATE AND I'M JUST GONNA SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE! SHAKE EM OFF!

Because it is just an action house the same way Doomsday was in 2008. different sets and different costumes but basically the same exact thing. Promoting an action movie with actors in minimal make up. this would really work as a normal ride and not as a house

Quick question to run by people. After seeing the movie, does this house make any sense?

To me, definitely. The third act is the maze, with the siege, and it also explains why there's suddenly a shit ton of vampires right at the end. Hollywood's also makes sense as you can tell what they were actually going for with the random ass drapes (cough cough Turkish Tents cough cough). Of course, Baba Yaga was cut out, so that will never make sense. Living statues aren't explained either, meaning those were basically an add on.

• Like 1

To me, definitely. The third act is the maze, with the siege, and it also explains why there's suddenly a shit ton of vampires right at the end. Hollywood's also makes sense as you can tell what they were actually going for with the random ass drapes (cough cough Turkish Tents cough cough). Of course, Baba Yaga was cut out, so that will never make sense. Living statues aren't explained either, meaning those were basically an add on.

Well thank god. Maybe after seeing the movie I might underst....damn Universal is draining me dry here!

• Like 1

[The] problem with "Dracula Untold:" there's nothing really there. This is a monster without a soul. It's a supposed epic that clocks in at a swift 92 minutes. Whole subplots are alluded to in promotional materials (like the saga of a witch named Baba Yaga), but have been cut entirely from the movie, and there's not one supporting character that makes much of an impression. Instead you have to designate characters by the length and severity of their beards ("Light Ginger," "Dark Brown," etc.) and try to guess their profession based on what they're wearing. When Dracula unleashes his powers, they are visually dazzling (he commands a swarm of vampire bats that pummel the enemy troops) but are ultimately thematically and emotionally hollow. "Dracula Untold" tries to have its cake and eat it to; it's a supposedly historically derived epic that also features clouds of psychically controlled bats. Huh.

source

BAHAHAHA I love the "severity of beards" comment. Bah I won't waste any time or money on it. The ONLY thing in the house that peaked my interest was Baba Yaga.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic
  • 8 months later...

Two house experiences I had with this house and it was weird, I never had a good run through with both, it was seemed emptied most of the times, there were some turks in the burning surroundings scene and then a few Dracs that had gotten me good but it wasn't really as good as I thought, sorta a letdown, the movie was decent to me, it's not the best Dracula, the original Dracula would hold a place in my heart but the fact they changed the script of the film and didn't let Universal know in advance and then this maze turning out the way it did was just interesting. But at least Universal Monsters maze for California and hopefully Orlando will help sweep this house under the rug at least, and Dracula Reign In Blood from 19 was better as well to remember.

• Mark M. changed the title to Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood