Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood

JDW

• 3 weeks later...

From Shock Till You Drop:

"Dracula Untold, Universal’s big October release, is getting a tie-in at Halloween Horror Nights Orlando and Hollywood.

Attendees should look for the “Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood” maze at both locations this fall.

Beginning, Friday, September 19, 2014, guests can feast on this immersive preview of Universal Pictures’ upcoming epic action-adventure Dracula Untold.

Starring Luke Evans, the origin story of the man who became Dracula arrives in theaters on October 17th.

“Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood” will introduce guests to the sadistic Transylvanian ruler Vlad Tepes, known as “Vlad the Impaler,” who infamously tortured his enemies by impaling them alive with a wooden stake and suspending their bodies.

The foreboding maze will also shed an ominous light on the one-time hero, turned blood-thirsty-tyrant, who chose to embrace unholy powers in order to defeat his enemies. “Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood” will spiral guests through Dracula’s eternal damnation, where the thirst for blood is never-ending."

Sounds like premature eDRACulation to me. I know Universal gives advance notices to media, but they usually wait until the official time to make posts. Somebody wanted a scoop and jumped the gun and then the others started in too. I bet Universal publicity and media relations are really all pissed right now.

• Like 4

From Inside The Magic (posted by Ridesandstuff in the Hollywood section):

“‘Everyone thinks they know the story of ‘Dracula’,” said John Murdy, Creative Director at Universal Studios Hollywood and Executive Producer of “Halloween Horror Nights.” “But there is much more to the tale than just a dark figure lurking in the shadows, drinking blood. While Dracula Untold will reveal the origin story of the man who became Dracula, our ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ maze will invite guests to experience the atrocities Dracula imposed on his victims in the most frightening and immersive way possible.”

“As a huge fan of the Universal Classic Monsters, my interest is certainly piqued any time a film explores other facets of the classic characters,” said Michael Aiello, Director of Entertainment – Creative Development, Universal Orlando Resort. “Dracula Untold offers a unique perspective on the origin of the world’s most famous vampire. Our maze will place guests within many of the pulse-pounding moments from the upcoming film, offering guests an unprecedented living preview of the horrors that await.”

And from the Universal blog:

"If you thought that Dracula had been banished for good, think again.

I’m excited to bring you the fourth house reveal for Halloween Horror Nights 24—an all-new house that is inspired by Universal Pictures’ upcoming epic action-adventure, Dracula Untold. The film comes out October 17, but you can experience a living preview of it at Halloween Horror Nights, starting September 19.

This house takes you through the terrifying origin of the man who became Dracula. Each room contains gothic scenes that highlight Vlad the Impaler’s transition into the bloodthirsty creature.

As you enter the house, you’ll see firsthand the frightening cave that Dracula first emerged from on his path to damnation. The house becomes especially eerie as you progress through a destroyed village and into the woods on the way to Dracula’s foreboding castle. In the final scene, you’ll come face-to-face with Dracula’s victims: those who were impaled and who begged to be saved before he took their last breath.

Each turn in this new house presents a horrifying experience straight out of the movie, including the war between Dracula and the attacking Turks. Dracula is here, and his thirst for blood is never-ending.

No prisoners will be spared this year at Halloween Horror Nights 24. Will you be able to make it out alive? Grab your tickets and find out."

I can really see this being the sleeper hit of the year, like Dracula in 09. It has a lot of promise. I'm not very excited yet because I don't really have anything to go off of. This could end up being really good. This whole year has a lot of promise. I can't fucking wait.

Also, this needs to be on a loop throughout the house:

Slayer-Reign-In-Blood.jpg

Edited by foREVer56
  • Like 2

I have a feeling this house is going to be bonkers good. I thought the Drac '09 house was visually EPIC! I'll never forget the facade!

Also the HHN guys should start every announcement with "LET THE BITCHING BEGIN!"...... some of these FB comments are unbelievably silly. YES TWO VIPIRE houses..... fuck get over it already! They both will be great!

Edited by PeoriaBJJ
  • Like 3

Honestly when I hear it having the possibility of being a sleeper hit, I'm not really skeptical about it. I can actually picture this house being really good. Unfortunately I don't have very much to go on about this house except the trailer and Dracula: Legacy in Blood.

I'm kind of glad I won't have to see the movie before I go

I'm counting this as an original house of sorts and I have a feeling it's going to be visually gripping

This is also arguably the house I have seen the most hate over on social media

Some people just don't understand

At least that's less of a wait time for me

I love how all the people that whine and complain about how "bad" all the houses look end up still going anyway

I'm trying to not make any judgements about this house. The trailer isn't helping me though.

I'm a big fan a Dracula, and have read many things about Vlad Tepes. It's probably a good thing that I won't see the movie before the house. The trailer makes him seem like a tragic hero instead of the psychopath that he was, and I find that very annoying.

I shall go into this house looking forward to the scenery (which should be amazing) and how they portray the vampires and other monsters.

I agree with Mystique. The trailer looks so much like an action only film. I can't help but wonder if they are going to have to add horror elements that aren't in the movie. Very curious about this one.

I really don't think they'll have to add "horror" elements. Horror is entirely contextual, and Uni has used "action-heavy" concepts and themes before.

This house will have nothing they haven't had before: Caves, woods, ruined villages and battle scenes. I only hope they can figure out how to do a swarm of bats you have to walk through for a finale.

I'm certain of this: if this were the same exact house only with no IP affiliation, none of these questions would be popping up.

And people say IP houses aren't creative...

• Like 2

House of the Year. Watch.

Dracula Untold: Reign of Blood may indeed be House of the Year.

However we must remember that the HOTY award is presented to the cast of a house based on reactions from mostly the general public among other things, and not from hardcore fan anticipation of what we hope of think will be the killer house of the event.

We really cannot anticipate which house wins HOTY in advance. We can only get an idea of which house is likely to do so once we have experienced the cast performances.

In years past the winners have often not been the big beautiful awesome houses but those with the most motivated and high energy casts.

For example in 2010 the winner of HOTY was not The Hallow'd Past a fan favorite but Dogs of War due entirely to the casts' efforts. Likewise in 2011 neither Nightingales, Hawthorn Cemetery, Bloodngutz nor Nevermore won - all amazing houses that had huge fan support. Rather it was a tie between The Forsaken and The In-Between!

It is impossible to call this without actually seeing the performances themselves. We have no idea which house will have the most exciting cast yet.

It could be Dracula Untold, but it could even be The Walking Dead house that has the best cast. You never know, we have to wait and see.

Like I said a while ago, I just wish I had the chance to see the movie before going through the house. Even though there are 2 "vampire" houses, I'm pretty sure they couldn't be much more different. On top of that, neither of the concepts are similar to the ridiculous direction vampires have been heading over the past decade or so... that is also a relief.