HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

yes in fact last year we guessed the whole year... but there is no way to tell if you ask him if you get it wrong he will say no if you guess it right he will give a extremely vague beat around the bush yes that's sounds like no.

For example the guy asked if those code names matched, not if any of the mazes are those properties. Not to say any of those are correct they MAY or MAY NOT be right but remember when asking Murdy think of it as making a wish on a monkey's paw.

Oh yeah, for those who are newer to Murdy's ways it certainly doesn't mean that Resident Evil or AWIL are not happening, just that those are not the codenames for those properties.

Last year all of the mazes were correctly said at one point. The only two that (I remember) were correctly guessed by the codename were Pumpkin (I think Grindhouse did that one?) and Rock Icon (he gave a ton of relatively easy clues for that one.) Black Sabbath was figured out at the last minute after a bunch of Ozzy/Alice Cooper spec. Evil Dead and Walking Dead's codenames were not cracked, but it was known that it would be there at least. Kinda like how The Purge is pretty likely but which codename it could be is unknown.

You know, while we're at it, I may as well throw out my predictions just to see how close (Or how WILDLY far off) I am come announcement time.

-A Dracula maze or something in House of Horrors.

-Halloween in Persian Squre

-American Werewolf in London in JP

-Trick r Treat in Mummy or backlot

-The Exorcist in the backlot

-The Purge in the backlot (Accompanied by being the backlot experience)

-The original being a Route 66 theme

-Walking Dead Terror Tram

Now say that, by some unlikely chance, this were to come true. What would you guys think of this line-up? I personally would dig it.

Get rid of Dracula for HOH and that's a solid line up.

Oh and Route 66... that just sounds stupid.

Realistically, I don't see us getting TrT this year despite Uni's new connections to Legendary.

AWIL was pulled for a reason before, so I'm sure there's no reason to go back to that.

Halloween is getting a huge box set this year with ALL the movies. Which means all of the right owners got together to make sure that happened. Which also means the maze could easily span all the movies, including the remakes, if they wanted to. Put this high on my speculation list, along with The Purge.

The Exorcist I'm still unsure of.

The Walking Dead, I think, is done.

Guys we guessed Jaws: Bloody Waters so we got 2 this year alright!!!

Im not counting out Walking Dead at all. You guys need to accept "The Walking Dead 3: The Quest For More Money"

Lmao. The quest for more money

Wait, you say Jaws is one of them, what's the other you've guessed?

Sorry I should explain, the Jaws thing is an inside joke we have here on the forums that started because the people on twitter ask John Murdy ask for some weird mazes sometimes so JAWS being the most outlandish thing you can make a maze out of we joke that one of the mazes every year is Jaws: Bloody Waters. Also if you see us post about Hello Kitty Claws of Death... same concept.

Here is a glossary of all are Inside jokes and lingo

oh the maze we are serious that we think we got right this year is The Purge

Well that's humiliating. *I was picturing a shark-human hybrid scaring me in some sort of beach looking maze.

Thank you for explaining.

Thanks! Hahaha.

Log Bunny - Murdy's favorite possession. An "easter egg" on the Terror Tram and it changes locations nightly.

Can someone explain further? Also, more about the ape that isn't a scare actor!

My ideas for what the project could be:

1. Allowing a scarezone in an area of the park they didn't in the past, a la Simpsons Ride Plaza.

2. Doing a special Halloween change to one of the rides (A major change to Jurassic Park or even The Mummy)

3. New path for the Terror Tram, or even adding scareactors while the trams are moving (albeit, with stricter safety precautions than in the past).

4. Huge change to VIP.

5. Adding a show to the Waterworld building or elsewhere in the park.

6. VIP maze where scareactors can touch you, like Trapped at Knott's.

7. Bringing Legendary Truth to Hollywood.

Here are my 6 house guesses thus far based on matching Murdy's twitter clues:

1. Empire = Friday the 13th

2. Teen Spirit = The Walking Dead

3. Beauty is Only Skin Deep (freak out) = AVP

4. Atari 2600 = I'm going to take the easy route and say Halloween

5. SOAP Commercial = Resident Evil

6. Original = Traveling along route 66 (a place that fits the song clue criteria)... Restaurant, Farm, Insane Asylum, Who knows what else?

I could change my mind if more clues come out or I read some impressive speculation clue analysis.

These choices are just my opinions based off of the clues I was given so... obviously I very easily could be wrong.

I've been thinking about different movies that Universal has done that would work in House of Horrors. There's one in particular that would fit with "Empire"....

What if they brought back Van Helsing? It seems unlikely, but it does fit about a certain empire playing a major role in the maze. Trensylvania is a VERY well-known setting for horror fans so there's that. Not to mention the entire lab from the movie is already there.

^The Wolfman wasn't relevant when it was featured in House of Horrors....and it bombed. Van Helsing would certainly have that in common. It's their own property, they have most of the sets already in there, so why not? Besides, what else would they put in there? Creative potential is running short with that venue.

Also, if Universal is wanting to take a more fanciful/family friendly approach with Untold, I don't think they would want to market it at a horror event, like Ferox pointed out way back. Van Helsing seems to be the only logical fit.