Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Reveal week was August 12-16 last year. Does anyone think that they might do something similar again this year? If they do I think this is where they announce AVP or Halloween but not both. Last year they announced everything but Resident Evil which was announced about 2 weeks later. If they do that again I don't see the final stinger being Dracula Untold. Also the fact that Halloween has been "leaked" an there hasn't been an official announcement yet leads me to think they may have been planning to use it for the Resident Evil spot.

Hollywood's last announcement is supposed to be at Scare LA on August 10. So i'm guessing that may be AWIL saved for last. The rest of their lineup right now looks to be shared with us so unless Mike Aiello is gonna show up as a surprise at Scare LA i'm guessing this will be Hollywood only. Tonight there very easily could be a reveal, nothing announced yet but its still early. Halloween looked to be the last announcement originally but perhaps that had to change due to the leak. It alongside AvP are the only legitimate possibilities that would fit the final maze announcement & with us sharing AvP with Hollywood I can't see them doing that. So i'm thinking we do get our original clown factory(with the rumored return of Jack in some form one way or another, in the maze itself or a connected scarezone at the exit) & Hollywood announces their original maze this week(which is rumored to have clown involvement in some fashion) so all 3 HHN's could announce clowns at their event one after another.

So after this announcement regardless, the rest will save for reveal week with one last major IP announced at the end of the month then the site will go live. Just how I see things at this moment. As always it's subject to change at a moment's notice.

I can't help but think that both coasts are going to go ahead and get the Dracula: Untold announcement out of the way next. Maybe save the more exciting reveals for later. (AvP, Halloween) Although I would love to see an original revealed, but I'm not betting on it.

I can't help but think that both coasts are going to go ahead and get the Dracula: Untold announcement out of the way next. Maybe save the more exciting reveals for later. (AvP, Halloween) Although I would love to see an original revealed, but I'm not betting on it.

Yeah I could easily see it being Dracula Untold if it's a share, they need to start promoting it as soon as possible.

I'm still not used to the idea of Dracula: Untold. This would put two vampire houses at this years event, but they are completely different looking creatures so I guess its alright. Dracula should have a cool scenery and i'm hoping it'll be very detailed which is the only reason i'm kinda looking forward to it.

• Like 1

I don't think they mind doing 2 vampire houses, especially when they're not the same type of universes at all. I mean last year they had 2 houses that prominently featured a cabin in the woods with zombies. On top of that, 4-5 of the 8 houses featured zombies in some way, plus the entire street experience was TWD. So I don't think they're worrying about having 2 vampire houses, when a huge portion of the event last year featured zombies and 2 houses with identical themes/settings (although Cabin took place in the cabin only half the time, it still had it).

Edited by foREVer56
  • Like 2

Yes, to say last year was zombie overkill would be an understatement. Don't forget, as well as the 2 vampire houses, we are also getting a Blood Masquerade type of SZ. I assume there will be vampires there as well? But even if that's the case, it still will not be done to death like last year's zombie infestation.

• Like 1

Undetermined. Mask - A - Raid in Hollywood is victorian cannibals... which woud give us two cannibal themes.

But it is TBD if our Masquerade is like Blood Masquerade or the Hollywood Mask-a-raid.

OOOH... maybe it's a zombie Masquerade! :lol:

• Like 1

I must admit, the cannibal themed masquerade sounds pretty good. But I'll be happy no matter what the specifics are. I mean, its an original SZ! I'm not sure I even remember what those are like.

Are we having a reveal tonight? I didn't see anything for it on twitter or facebook?

Well that was a guess based on the last two weeks. But the later it gets with no official word, the less it looks like it. Bummer.

I could be really wrong but I'm pretty sure (at least in the past few years) that they usually announce most of the IPs first before announcing the originals

Still, Aiello has only announced 2 of the 8 mazes leaving us with 6 remaining. If I remember correctly he doesn't announce on weekends right? So Aiello will probably have 4 mazes revealed the same week as hollywoods since 2 of our rumored mazes are shared with Hollywood and the other 2 being whatever.

Basically I'm just trying to find hope to at least have 1-2 mazes revealed this week. All this waiting is driving me insane Lol.

I assume the next announcement will be a maze, since there are 6 left to be announced.

Either way, things at this point start to get interesting. We'll be seeing reveals from Scarezones, Originals, and not to mention the confusion of rumors about Drac Untold or Jack's live appearance in this clown factory maze..

I'm hoping to see an announcement next week. If not, we'll be seeing one the first week of August for sure. And not just one announcement. I assume we'll get 2 or 3 announcements in the next week or two.

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Dead End and Gothic weren't announced until the entire site was revealed in 2012. The only non-ip house to get any real publicity that year was P&T (Alice Cooper was a Hollywood import, so not original) and with celebrity endorsements they weren't really non-ip in my book.

So I doubt that the originals will get a "reveal" as much as the IPs and this goes with scare zones as well as houses.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Dead End and Gothic weren't announced until the entire site was revealed in 2012. The only non-ip house to get any real publicity that year was P&T (Alice Cooper was a Hollywood import, so not original) and with celebrity endorsements they weren't really non-ip in my book.

So I doubt that the originals will get a "reveal" as much as the IPs and this goes with scare zones as well as houses.

Well that's assuming that the site is "entirely revealed" this year...

It looks to me like the current look for the site is all we're getting this year.