Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

I agree the site is how it will look. Would be very surprised to see anything different aside for some minor changes at most.

In the past two years they just release stuff. No build up or anything. So I don't know the timeframe but everything should be "revealed" by mid August. I would assume IPs will be revealed first as they hype it up with the them. Then the originals will just being revealed all at once probably with the rest of the scare zones.

The point being it's unlikely all the scarezones and houses will get "countdown" reveals. Only the IP/Media properties get those.

If you'll notice, the Orlando Sentinel publishes a press release whenever something is revealed. But (and it's an important but), they do it because using known IPs and concepts make them newsworthy. Original concepts aren't, and wouldn't deserve the news' attention.

So, three more official reveals, then the "full" with the original content.

• Like 2

Exactly. Funny thing, when they release the IPs this year they aren't even bothering to put them up on the media server until several days later. The only official press release I've seen so far was for TWD... Tons of Potterversal stuff though ;)

I agree the site is how it will look. Would be very surprised to see anything different aside for some minor changes at most.

In the past two years they just release stuff. No build up or anything. So I don't know the timeframe but everything should be "revealed" by mid August. I would assume IPs will be revealed first as they hype it up with the them. Then the originals will just being revealed all at once probably with the rest of the scare zones.

I know last year they revealed the originals last. Didn't they release 1 house at a time on Twitter 3 nights in a row? I think it was at midnight? I can't remember how they revealed the remaining scarezones.

Edit: Forgot there were no scarezones last year. My bad.

Edited by BSC

Exactly. Funny thing, when they release the IPs this year they aren't even bothering to put them up on the media server until several days later. The only official press release I've seen so far was for TWD... Tons of Potterversal stuff though ;)

They're sending them out to local media at the reveal. The Sentinel has them up the following day.

I'd be really surprised if you were wrong about that one, mysti.

I gotta say, I'm with a lot of you guys on the lack of build-up... it honestly feels like UO isn't even trying, compared to previous years. Personally, I don't need any help getting excited - I start doing the "Is it freaking October yet??" dance the week before auditions - but still, I miss the hype!

I get that they're focused on Dionagonagon right now (and, yeah, I'll admit it, the place is pretty neat), but c'mon guys. At least give us something more than an occasional Twitter post.

I believe the lack of buildup is our own doing. There are too many people giving off 'hints' and has insider knowledge. Too many people looking in the correct locations. Everything gets out before Uni can decide how to unveil it all.

Edited by Mrevio
  • Like 1

you know Mrevio you may have a point with that, I dont remember so many people making it public that they had all the info though that could play into the hey bosses wont let us do anything then lets give it to the people who will do something with it...

Marketing manages that stuff now, and I can assure you they don't care what an obsessive pocket of fans know or don't know. The New Line agreement in 2007 was discovered in April and we still got the second most in-depth and complicated site they've ever had. We knew Freddy, Jason and Leatherface were coming but, because A&D managed it more directly then, we got something awesome.

Leaks aren't new. The only difference is that now they (Universal) is focused on attracting the people who aren't on a HHN website in December. The general public doesn't need or want complicated clues and in-depth stories. They still have no idea what's coming and all they want is a tweet and a photo. That's what Marketing is giving them.

Uni as a whole is growing, and that requires business decisions that obsessives may not like. But that's why we don't run the place. Fans want theme parks to stay the same. Theme park managers want to see the park survive, which requires change.

So, no. The lack of build to reveals isn't because of leaks. It's because of Facebook and Twitter and because now the event doesn't exist for us but for everyone else. Which is exactly where Universal wants it to be.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 4

Retweeted HHN - Orlando (@HorrorNightsORL):

Friday morning update: all 8 mazes have achieved physical form. 5 of 8 are nearly complete! Others are not far behind!

What was different than any other year? Except more people <_<

As for the leaks. It's true what Legacy said. The leaks formed from the lack of updates and things to do not vice versa.

Plus there have been major leaks every year. Too many ways to obtain the info. We had all the code names for every house from the permits for a long time... earlier on they were just the straight out names.

Marketing manages that stuff now, and I can assure you they don't care what an obsessive pocket of fans know or don't know. The New Line agreement in 2007 was discovered in April and we still the second in-depth and complicated sites they've ever had. We knew Freddy, Jason and Leatherface were coming but, because A&D managed it more directly then, we got something awesome.

Leaks aren't new. The only difference is that now they're focused on attracting the people who aren't on a HHN website in December. The general public doesn't need or want complicated clues and in-depth stories. They still have no idea what's coming and all they want is a tweet and a photo. That's what Marketing is giving them.

Uni as a whole is growing, and that requires business decisions that obsessives may not like. But that's why we don't run the place. Fans want theme parks to stay the same. Theme park managers want to see the park survive, which requires change.

So, no. The lack of build to reveals isn't because of leaks. It's because of Facebook and Twitter and because now the event doesn't exist for us but for everyone else. Which is exactly where Universal wants it to be.

You hit the nail right on the head on this one Legacy.

Plus there have been major leaks every year. Too many ways to obtain the info. We had all the code names for every house from the permits for a long time... earlier on they were just the straight out names.

Oh, the days when speculation consisted of "I wonder if they'll have a scene like this," because we knew everything else about it.

We actually knew more details about houses then than what we get now.

• Like 1

Does anyone think theres any chance UO is going to let people openly take video of the mazes this year? Weren't there specific days or times people could do that last year?

I know the media were allowed to film in The Walking Dead last year before opening night. I was part of a special YouTube gathering set up by Universal & The Tim Tracker & we were allowed to film in the mazes but other than that i'm unaware of others getting to. I could be wrong though.

Guest kiwisoup

I know the media were allowed to film in The Walking Dead last year before opening night. I was part of a special YouTube gathering set up by Universal & The Tim Tracker & we were allowed to film in the mazes but other than that i'm unaware of others getting to. I could be wrong though.

The last two years, they had previews before the event. The Walkind Dead last year, and Dead End and Silent Hill but Dead end didn't have all of the effects working or scareactors, and Silent Hill was lights on with no scareactors.

I don't see them changing anything to allow filming inside the houses without media wristbands or passes, especially considering that unlike Hollywood, them allowing even media filming is a very new concept.