Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Over on OU they're claiming the Geisha scare zone was shelved due to "budget reasons". If that's the case, then that's a bit of a bummer...however if it means giving the Purge scare zone more space to work with, then that won't sting as much. (No pun intended)

• Like 1

Could someone refresh my memory on the speculated streets besides Face Off, Purge, and (maybe) Geisha?

If it's still in play, a voodoo/witch type zone in CP. That, FaceOff, Purge and the scrapped Geishas are the only zones mentioned so far, that I've seen at least. I would guess a clown type one in front of Disaster, and then at least one more somewhere.

I know that they are not having Diagon Alley open during HHN but is the London waterfront still in play? If so then that's where I'm placing my money on where a Mask-a-Raid will be. If not, then it would probably be in either shrek alley or plaza of the stars.

I know that they are not having Diagon Alley open during HHN but is the London waterfront still in play? If so then that's where I'm placing my money on where a Mask-a-Raid will be. If not, then it would probably be in either shrek alley or plaza of the stars.

The last I heard, it was going to be in Plaza of the Stars. I think the London Waterfront is off limits for anything HHN related.

• Like 1

It's not universal. It's WB and JK.

No, it's Universal. The Potters can be closed off from the rest of the park at night for private events that the corporations pay beaucoup money to rent. Even with IoA, the official response regarding using Potter for HHN was, "We haven't asked."

Universal, absolutely, made the decision to keep Potter closed. It's a sound business decision.

• Like 1

Yeah... and it is pretty lame that they pulled a stunt like that to soak up more $ from us fans.

You mean the business made a very smart decision to keep the expansion that cost hundreds of millions seperate from the event that locals get a heavy discount to go to, right?

• Like 2

My thoughts:

If we lost Geishas, it's due to budget and space. Both caused by the inclusion of the motorcycles.

The bikes don't just need room to move, but they also need gas. Gasoline is expensive.

While I would love an original zone, I am thrilled the bikes are back. I'm interested to see how they will work with the crowds, but I loved them when I saw them in 06 and 07. I'm willing to give up an original zone, if it means A&D can try this idea again.

• Like 5

OR... Maybe its was never really Gieshas. Maybe it was always "Elegant ladies" and the information was wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. After all a while back I heard they weren't exactly what we thought they were and the area would still be populated with women.

OR... Maybe it is Gieshas and they are the elegant ladies. Geishas are considered Elegant in form and dress. Maybe they are the women selling the unwitting victims. Like some kind of post-apocalyptic warrior Giesha.

Although when I hear "Elegant ladies" my mind moves to the cheap (read as disappointing) thing which would be Lady Luck 2.0

Oh good lord. Lady Luck 2.0. I wouldn't be able to handle that. Such poor execution with that in 2011.

Oh good lord. Lady Luck 2.0. I wouldn't be able to handle that. Such poor execution with that in 2011.

Well I made that guess before I realized the Elegant ladies were cannon to the second Purge movie. So I guess it would loo like whatever it looked liked in the movie.

I think, if we had to have two Vampire houses with one based on a TV show, I would have rather had The Strain.

Seriously, I could write up an entire house strictly on the first episode.

I agree 100% This show has so many elements that could be used in a house. Imagine walking down the aisle of the airplane, dark with lights flickering. Seats full of bodies, not knowing which one was about to lunge at you. The morgue scene as well. Lots of potential in that show for sure.

• Like 1

I agree 100% This show has so many elements that could be used in a house. Imagine walking down the aisle of the airplane, dark with lights flickering. Seats full of bodies, not knowing which one was about to lunge at you. The morgue scene as well. Lots of potential in that show for sure.

Haven't seen past the first episode yet, but i have to agree, that morgue seen was terrifying!