Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

How many video game houses has HHNO used? How many had movies about those games?

I'm assuming you're asking about licensed works and not things like: "Vampyre."

"Nightmare creatures" would be the first one used to my knowledge. It has no movie attached to it and I know very little about it, but from what I heard it had almost nothing in common with the game. Probably wasn't licensed but whatever. I'm only mentioning it because it shares the name.

Then there's "Silent Hill" which obviously had a few movies.

And Resident Evil which did as well.

I think that's all of the officially licensed video game houses that there have ever been at hhn, unless someone can correct me.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch
  • Like 1

And if you went back a page you would see that I said:

"There's this guy: http://en.wikipedia....Charlie_Clouser

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, though. If this is SNS or something would he not say that it was a "sequel to a house?""

So yes. I know that it is an "original" house. What I mean by "in theory" is that "original" houses at HHN can go a few different ways.

A: It could be entirely original or original enough to where the sources or influence of said house were almost invisible. Something like "The inbetween"

B: Stepping down a degree of originality, it could be based on a movie or franchise that's popular, but they want to put their own spin on it, something A&D should be known for doing by this point.

Examples would include: Body collectors, Saws 'n' Steam, Interstellar terror, etc.

If it is more likely that it is possibly something more like case B, then it would probably be okay to make connections between existing properties in order to guess what it might be. Which people were already doing.

Charlie Clouser has really good soundtracks... Like the Dead Silence soundtrack, which was at HHN in 2007 ( One of my favorites from that year )

But He also made the soundtrack for American Horror Story so maybe that's what the original house will be leaning towards, if your theory is correct.

"Nightmare creatures" would be the first one used to my knowledge. It has no movie attached to it and I know very little about it, but from what I heard it had almost nothing in common with the game. Probably wasn't licensed but whatever. I'm only mentioning it because it shares the name.

Nightmare Creatures was weird. There were a lot of creatures on stilts. and fog... and you walked through Kong which was pretty cool just for that fact. The path was massively wide with very few barrels, crates, and other random obstructions. It was like a huge scarezone with very few scareactors and very little cohesive theming. The only scare I got was from a stilted scare actor who was masked by fog. He was a quadruped and I didn't realize he was there.

Originally, there was supposed to be two paths. one by foot and the other by tram. But the tram did not happen to my knowledge.

As for Game based houses... Why do we have to have one? We have had basically two official games houses in 23 years. Just because they were back to back doesn't mean they have to happen. We had a run of 3 dark humor houses then they were gone too.

What I've noticed with the crazy amount of clues... It seems like everyone tries to force them into a theme they either expect of want.

• Like 1

JDW: I agree. I find myself completely confused. It seems like the past couple of years, eventually someone will come up with the most plausible solution, and most people will fall in line. This year, I don't think we have a true consensus on ANYTHING, but some people think we DO, which makes my brain hurt. Have I missed something? Is there a single house or zone that most everyone agrees will happen, based on the SAME clue or set of clues?

Okay, now I sound peevish... Sorry, just a little frustrated. I 've pretty much decided to stop trying to figure anything out, and just read along and wait for reveals, so best of luck, puzzle people! I will continue to follow this discussion with interest, but greater detachment.

• Like 1

Nightmare Creatures was weird. There were a lot of creatures on stilts. and fog... and you walked through Kong which was pretty cool just for that fact. The path was massively wide with very few barrels, crates, and other random obstructions. It was like a huge scarezone with very few scareactors and very little cohesive theming. The only scare I got was from a stilted scare actor who was masked by fog. He was a quadruped and I didn't realize he was there.

Originally, there was supposed to be two paths. one by foot and the other by tram. But the tram did not happen to my knowledge.

As for Game based houses... Why do we have to have one? We have had basically two official games houses in 23 years. Just because they were back to back doesn't mean they have to happen. We had a run of 3 dark humor houses then they were gone too.

What I've noticed with the crazy amount of clues... It seems like everyone tries to force them into a theme they either expect of want.

Man that house sounds... Weird. I kind of wonder what the development process was for it, but unfortunately I don't think I'll ever know.

As for game houses in general I think this is because of the rise of "geek culture" into the main stream and people seeing more viability in their story telling and created worlds. Doesn't mean more aren't going to happen. But we don't necessarily "need" them.

I would agree that some people think we KNOW more than we probably do.

Thing is there's a key word there, probably. It's... How many days until the event happens and an actual reveal comes? And spec just mysteriously starts early.

I think a lot of people tend to believe what they post here, whereas I try to take everything that I post and read with a grain of salt.

Nothing wrong with that but... Eh.

I also think that the only thing we actually know for sure is that Jack is coming back. Anything else is simply common speculation. Unless someone could correct me on that because I'm lost, too. I'm just kind of trying to solve CC clues at this point and going along with things as they come.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch

Aiello and Murdy have both been teasing announcements earlier than usual so I think we will get a house reveal by the middle or end of June.

This week, beginning of June, or middle of June would be early than usual.

The first house was revealed on June 27th last year.

I think the reason everyone is looking for a potential IP anniversary or release is due to last year's Evil Dead leak.

An earlier release seems like a preemptive strike to prevent another similar leak.

It wasn't billed as a house. It was billed as a haunted attraction. It was a unique experience. Like JDW, the thing I remember most was the novelty of walking through Kong.

Bloody Waters was the name for the Jaws haunted attraction.

You also rode Earthquake as part of the house Torment.

http://www.horrornightnightmares.com/hhn-x/

Ahh, spec! I've seen it start as early as the day after the event. The "classic" debate on the Vault started right after HHN 18.

Some know, some are somewhat sure, some is guess work. Finding trends and extrapolating.

I'm not sure of anything, because things can change. That's the only thing I'm ever sure of. Change can and does occur.

Is Jack back? Are Cassi's Who am I? clues pointing to a theme? An Icon? Are they just backstory to keep us entertained?

I hope my answers are correct, but the puzzles are just a way to past time for now. Something to keep us busy while we wait for "Soon" to finally arrive.

I am, however, "convinced" about an Alien or AVP house. But that's purely my desire to see Xenomorphs at the event.

To be honest I think they want to announce stuff cause Knotts and other haunts are already announcing stuff... It gets people to talk and if they do want to visit the event from out of town they can start booking there vacations.

Could we get an icon? Hopefully but I'm not holding my breath just yet. Overall storyline? Maybe but hopefully its done like 08 but on the LT site.

Its going to be a wild and crazy summer...

I'm assuming you're asking about licensed works and not things like: "Vampyre."

Then there's "Silent Hill" which obviously had a few movies.

And Resident Evil which did as well.

I think that's all of the officially licensed video game houses that there have ever been at hhn, unless someone can correct me.

So we've has two video game houses, both of which had movies associated with them. Do you think Uni is going to make a maze on something like Bioshock? Or something else with no main stream movie made of it?

So we've has two video game houses, both of which had movies associated with them. Do you think Uni is going to make a maze on something like Bioshock? Or something else with no main stream movie made of it?

I don't know, I'm the wrong person to ask. I haven't played bioshock at all.

As far as the mainstream, I think the definition of it is probably a little outdated. Things that people thought were "nerd" stuff are actually becoming commonplace now.

And our second game based house had nothing to actually do with the movies.

Ultimately the important thing to understand is that it doesn't matter either way seeing as how they'll do whatever they think will get people in the park and if that's video games, movies, or go-go dancers if the state isn't going to attack them, then they'll do it.

So far, this is what I've come up with using the various clues we've had.

Obviously these are my opinions, and by no means am I saying that I have to be right.

Houses

1. Halloween

2. AVP

3. Purge

4. Jack's Carnival (original)

5. The Walking Dead

6. Sleepy Hollow

7. Voodoo House (original or American Horror Story season 3)

Unsure... 8. Could be El Cucuy/Boogeyman/Witch from Hansel & Gretel or maybe even Bioshock

My true hope is for there to be a Dr. Who house. I doubt this will happen, but I can hope and dream.

Scare Zones (thus far)

Asian Vampires/Creatures in Sting Alley

Voodoo/Witch/Gypsy Caravan in Central Park

Maybe an Aliens or AVP area

As more clues come in, I may change my mind. Until then, this is what I've got.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Obviously these are my opinions, and by no means am I saying that I have to be right.

Houses

1. Halloween

2. AVP

3. Purge

5. The Walking Dead

6. Sleepy Hollow

Unsure... 8. Could be El Cucuy/Boogeyman/Witch from Hansel & Gretel or maybe even Bioshock

My true hope is for there to be a Dr. Who house. I doubt this will happen, but I can hope and dream.

Scare Zones (thus far)

get rid of voodoo house an not sure about jack house yet or sleepy hollow as asian vampires there are geisha/demons not vampres an i dont think we getting an alien scarzone maybe just a house

Edited by timbo8

Houses

1. Halloween

2. AVP

3. Purge

5. The Walking Dead

6. Sleepy Hollow

Scare Zones (thus far)

I haven't posting much on spec this year but I've been following along and out of all of those themes/IPs I'm guessing:

Houses:

Aliens/AvP

Halloween

something with Jack

AHS or original Voodoo

TWD

Purge*

Not sure about the other 2 but those are my guesses in order of likelihood, with the first 3 being strong contenders.

Scarezones:

Purge*

Geisha's in Sting Alley

Witches/Voodoo theme in CP

The Purge is listed in both sections with an asterisk because I think it could be either one but I have no idea which. It could even be both if they wanted to tie in houses to SZs. TWD could possibly have a third SZ along with the third house, but I just can't see them do BOTH of those for the third goddamn time in a row.

If Jack IS back, I wonder if they'll use him as the main icon for the 5th time or if they'll have a new icon that now controls him. A more powerful one, like how Fear controlled all of them with the lantern.

I haven't posting much on spec this year but I've been following along and out of all of those themes/IPs I'm guessing:

Houses:

Aliens/AvP

Halloween

something with Jack

AHS or original Voodoo

TWD

Purge*

Not sure about the other 2 but those are my guesses in order of likelihood, with the first 3 being strong contenders.

Scarezones:

Purge*

Geisha's in Sting Alley

Witches/Voodoo theme in CP

The Purge is listed in both sections with an asterisk because I think it could be either one but I have no idea which. It could even be both if they wanted to tie in houses to SZs. TWD could possibly have a third SZ along with the third house, but I just can't see them do BOTH of those for the third goddamn time in a row.

If Jack IS back, I wonder if they'll use him as the main icon for the 5th time or if they'll have a new icon that now controls him. A more powerful one, like how Fear controlled all of them with the lantern.

there is something going on with cassilda whover she is and jack becuase she waiting for his return i think we just getting alien and we not getting a voodoo house or a hhn this year

To further back my guess that the original house codename Charlie will be Voodoo (New Orleans) inspired, I'll tell you about one particular Charlie I did discover while searching.

Charles Massicot Gandolfo (aka Voodoo Charlie) just happens to be the founder of the New Orleans Historic Voodoo Museum.

A coincidence... possibly.

Guess we'll find out eventually.

To further back my guess that the original house codename Charlie will be Voodoo (New Orleans) inspired, I'll tell you about one particular Charlie I did discover while searching.

Charles Massicot Gandolfo (aka Voodoo Charlie) just happens to be the founder of the New Orleans Historic Voodoo Museum.

A coincidence... possibly.

Guess we'll find out eventually.

we already have voodoo in a scarezone i nt he angel heart clue from cc for voodoo/gypsy

My current attempt to tie back both sets of clues: (I'm sure I'll end up changing a few)

Dr. Jimmy #1 Masquerade (Phantom of the Opera) could have ties to Cassi clue #10 (Hop-Frog, King in Yellow, Mask of the Red Death Guy) = Halloween or Bioshock

Dr. Jimmy #2 You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile (Annie) could have ties to Cassi clues #6 (Face off clues) = AVP

Dr. Jimmy #3 New Orleans (Simpsons) could have ties to Cassi clue #9 (How Terrible is Wisdom - Pentagram) = Voodoo/Gypsy Caravan in Central Park

Dr. Jimmy #4 Three Little Maids from School (Mikado) could have ties to Cassi clue #8 (Some Are So Blind - Go! Board game) = Vampire/Demon/Geishas in Sting Alley

Dr. Jimmy #5 I want to be Rainbow High (Evita) could have ties to Cassi clue #5 (To Market, To Market Nursery Swine) = Purge

Dr. Jimmy #6 Stars (Les Miserables) could have ties to Cassi clue #7 (Two Little Foxes - Old Man Splitfoot) = Sleepy Hollow

Dr. Jimmy #7 Home (The Wiz) could have ties to Cassi clues #1 = Halloween

Dr. Jimmy #8 Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (Monty Python Life of Brian) could have ties to Cassi clue #3 (Tool - Decomposition) = The Walking Dead

Dr. Jimmy #9 Kiddy Widdy Winkies (Chiddy Chiddy Bang Bang) could have ties to Cassi Clue #4 (The Boss Needs Some Things - Makeup) = Jack's Carnival

Dr. Jimmy #10 Heart (Damn Yankees) could have ties to Cassi clue #9 (How Terrible is Wisdom - Pentagram) Damn Yankees & Angel Heart both being based on Faust = Voodoo/Deal with the Devil

Some of the connections seem to be slam dunks, while others aren't as much.

Cassi clue #2 is most likely a reference to Aliens, which theoretically could also be tied to Dr. Jimmy #2. This is why I think there could be an Alien scare zone.

Dr. Jimmy #8 could be an incorrect tie.... it is probably a better fit with Cassi clue #4.

Cassi Clue #9 could go with Dr. Jimmy #3 or #10.

I believe Who am I? might just be referencing a character who is associated with Jack.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

My current attempt to tie back both sets of clues: (I'm sure I'll end up changing a few)

Dr. Jimmy #1 Masquerade (Phantom of the Opera) could have ties to Cassi clue #10 (Hop-Frog, King in Yellow, Mask of the Red Death Guy) = Halloween or Bioshock

Dr. Jimmy #2 You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile (Annie) could have ties to Cassi clues #6 (Face off clues) = AVP

Dr. Jimmy #3 New Orleans (Simpsons) could have ties to Cassi clue #9 (How Terrible is Wisdom - Pentagram) = Voodoo/Gypsy Caravan in Central Park

Dr. Jimmy #4 Three Little Maids from School (Mikado) could have ties to Cassi clue #8 (Some Are So Blind - Go! Board game) = Vampire/Demon/Geishas in Sting Alley

Dr. Jimmy #5 I want to be Rainbow High (Evita) could have ties to Cassi clue #5 (To Market, To Market Nursery Swine) = Purge

Dr. Jimmy #6 Stars (Les Miserables) could have ties to Cassi clue #7 (Two Little Foxes - Old Man Splitfoot) = Sleepy Hollow

Dr. Jimmy #7 Home (The Wiz) could have ties to Cassi clues #1 = Halloween

Dr. Jimmy #8 Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (Monty Python Life of Brian) could have ties to Cassi clue #3 (Tool - Decomposition) = The Walking Dead

Dr. Jimmy #9 Kiddy Widdy Winkies (Chiddy Chiddy Bang Bang) could have ties to Cassi Clue #4 (The Boss Needs Some Things - Makeup) = Jack's Carnival

Dr. Jimmy #10 Heart (Damn Yankees) could have ties to Cassi clue #9 (How Terrible is Wisdom - Pentagram) Damn Yankees & Angel Heart both being based on Faust = Voodoo/Deal with the Devil

Some of the connections seem to be slam dunks, while others aren't as much.

Cassi clue #2 is most likely a reference to Aliens, which theoretically could also be tied to Dr. Jimmy #2. This is why I think there could be an Alien scare zone.

Dr. Jimmy #8 could be an incorrect tie.... it is probably a better fit with Cassi clue #4.

Cassi Clue #9 could go with Dr. Jimmy #3 or #10.

I believe Who am I? might just be referencing a character who is associated with Jack.

i think your way off some of the clues

• Like 1