HHN 2013: The Walking Dead: No Safe Haven

horror lover

Since this seems like the final time were gonna see the Walking Dead I wish the TV show was already caught up to the comics so we can see Negan and The Saviors make an appearance in a maze. If you think The Governer is a great villian the stuff he does pales in comparison to Negan.

*Spoilers below: Character deaths relating to the TV series*

I would love to see a scene where Negan is standing above Glenns body and smashing his brains in with his bat wrapped in barbwire.

The Hunters eating Dale alive could make a cool scene. (Dale survived past the Prison in the comics)

And for a facade you could use Negan's factory surrounded by barbed wire fences and spikes with walkers stuck on them.

• Like 1

Since this seems like the final time were gonna see the Walking Dead I wish the TV show was already caught up to the comics so we can see Negan and The Saviors make an appearance in a maze. If you think The Governer is a great villian the stuff he does pales in comparison to Negan.

*Spoilers below: Character deaths relating to the TV series*

I would love to see a scene where Negan is standing above Glenns body and smashing his brains in with his bat wrapped in barbwire.

The Hunters eating Dale alive could make a cool scene. (Dale survived past the Prison in the comics)

And for a facade you could use Negan's factory surrounded by barbed wire fences and spikes with walkers stuck on them.

I was kinda hoping the Hunters would appear this season but at last no. The Hunters would of been great scareactors

If the Walking Dead gravy train keeps rolling (the show got the best ratings of ALL TIME) and this year's house gets great reviews (last year got the best reviews of ALL TIME) we could easily get it next year. If HHN doesn't keep on top of the rights a rival could go all in and jump on the rights.

• Like 1

Alright, so that construction on the backlot can't not be a maze at this point. And by the looks of it, a really huge maze. Could it be that to combat needing to put a maze at the end of the TT and having a repeat property in the maze/TT we're getting a new TT route and a giant maze for TWD?
  • Like 1

Yeah, either way has pros and cons. One is a fairly long walk but avoids the obvious bottlenecking issues. The other makes the long walk a feature but there's issues of bottlenecking. As far as wishful thinking goes, how cool would it be to make a single experience of braving the great walker infested outdoors and then walking into the longest non-HOH maze in HHN history? Buuuut there is the risk of spending most of (if not all of) the TT experience walking at a snail's pace.

Oh yeah, and then you have the star house of the event possibly closing at wheneveroclock. One thing I was thinking of that would be cool is if you could see the prison facade from the TT route, but you would get a lot of people who A. thought they are supposed to go there next B. try to skip the line by bolting.

Issues issues issues. All sorts of issues.

@ 1 minute and 40sec it looks like the maze goes into a building and it probably comes back out on the other side of the 2nd maze construction tented area. The walls of this building look like a brick prison type feel too

Edited by Wusty9191

With all of the talk about big properties and advertising, I'd like to say this.

HHN owes a lot more to TWD than TWD owes to HHN. TWD is mostly responsible for the success of HHN last year, but the reverse isn't true. The amount of people who went to HHN not interested in TWD and came out interested in TWD is pretty tiny. HHN promotes the upcoming movie/album/tv show to further get people excited in the property, so that they will come to HHN.

Guess who finally caught up with he Walking Dead? :D Okay, now that I've seen everything, I now feel comfortable to discuss everything.

Man there are so many environments they can use here. I think they'll mainly focus on what Murdy mentioned and just have the prison, Woodburry, governor's lair, and the woods/helicopter crash. They might do the werehouse where SPOILER: Where Andrea was hiding at. I could just picture those hooks and chains hanging down and the onslaught of walkers. Haha

But yeah, this is going to be great. I think they're mainly going to save the scene with the traps for the Terror Tram. It seems to fit more there.

To correct Greg Nicotero, when Murdy asked him what were his 3 favorite scenes from Season 3 and he listed the "Fat Walker" eating Loris dead body as his second one, then at the end saying those 3 moments were key parts in the graphic novel that we translated into the TV show. For one Lori did not die that way at all in the graphic novel it was completely different so it wasn't a key element. Lori and baby Judy died by being shot down when the Governor and his men invaded the prison and ran Ricks group out.

Sorry watching that video it just bothered me and thought some of you would like to know his mistake.You'd think being the show runner for TWD he would know these things tho.

On a side note regarding the maze and backlot experience im way more excited for TWD returning now than I was before when it was first announced. This is easily the best year yet with the lineup so far.

• Like 1