HHN 2013: The Walking Dead: No Safe Haven

horror lover

I would asume since he keeps being mentioned.

Follow in the footsteps of the survivors as you journey through the shadowy confines of the West Georgia Correctional Facility. Seemingly abandoned, this prison has been breached by Walkers with an insatiable hunger for human flesh! Then, if you're still alive, make your way into the Walker-infested wilderness that surrounds the prison and into the town of Woodbury, where The Governor is hiding a terrible secret.

I just think it's funny that every time I accidentally come into a Hollywood thread people are constantly making comparisons, when on the Orlando forums, Hollywood never gets mentioned...that's how much competition we consider you.

Unless you are part of Orlando's creative team, you should't say that "you" don't consider Hollywood competition. If you are part of Orlando's creative team, you should also be aware that the term "competition" normally refers to nearby parks, not parks on the other side of the country.

You have way too much pride in something that you have nothing at all to do with.

• Like 1

I realize it's very easy to somehow think Hollywood is better considering up until last year recording was not allowed like it is in Hollywood therefore you have basically one year and this house to compare it to, when the fact is our event has been running for twice as long as Hollywood. I'll give you better prosthetics, but I'll take our 8 houses and soundstages every year over your 5 that are all in queues, plus one permanent attraction that gets minimally redressed for the event. I'm also very jealous of the recycled houses and scare zones that you guys carry over every year instead of just, you know...having new ones like we do. And don't even get me started on Jon Murdy's obsession with rock music houses...

I just think it's funny that every time I accidentally come into a Hollywood thread people are constantly making comparisons, when on the Orlando forums, Hollywood never gets mentioned...that's how much competition we consider you.

Ok first Im gonna say I only saying this to end this bickering but Hollywood never comes up in Orlando's thread? up until last year Hollywood was the butt of a lot of Orlando's joke because we were IP based more than original, then when Orlando started taking a hint from Hollywood a lot of people on the Orlando started cursing us because of Walking Dead and Alice Cooper "Hollywood is gonna ruin our event cuz they make money on the things we dont like now synergy has being a copy of them blah blah blah" THIS year we dont see any cuz Orlando has totaly different IP's save for Walking Dead and Evil Dead and better ones then what we got which is basicly Insidious against Resident Evil, Cabin In The Woods and An American Werewolf In London. It's funny that you did'nt see us talking about how jelouse we are that you guys got those 3 and we did'nt but you see the one time someone mentions masks for someone who always stumbles on this side not trying to attack you but this is true.

That being said are we really fighting over which event is better? he is not defending Knotts and we are not defending Howl-O-Scream why are we even bringing this up? and whoever said "We hav'nt seen anything in Hollywood's Version?" we seen the make up, there was a make up demo that is all over youtube thats why it's being compared. Orlando in strong is its own way and Hollywood is strong in it's own way! I just find it funny that while arguments are starting here meanwhile Murdy and Ailleo (I think thats how you spell his name) are like best buddies on twitter everyone take a deep breath put your toys away and lets move on to not bashing each other's events.

• Like 2

I realize it's very easy to somehow think Hollywood is better considering up until last year recording was not allowed like it is in Hollywood therefore you have basically one year and this house to compare it to, when the fact is our event has been running for twice as long as Hollywood. I'll give you better prosthetics, but I'll take our 8 houses and soundstages every year over your 5 that are all in queues, plus one permanent attraction that gets minimally redressed for the event. I'm also very jealous of the recycled houses and scare zones that you guys carry over every year instead of just, you know...having new ones like we do. And don't even get me started on Jon Murdy's obsession with rock music houses...

I do I agree that we don't need to compare attractions that we haven't seen, but that was totally uncalled for. You do realize that by even making this post, you're still making this out to be a competition right? Its funny how you generalize the Orlando coasts even though many orlando members recognize certain aspects of our event are better than Orlando. Stop acting like your high and mighty and just enjoy the event. Get a life...

• Like 2

did anyone see the walkthrough for Orlando's Walking Dead maze??

oh god it...its bad...

not to hate on any themepark but it felt like a Knotts maze just flowing thru everything no audio triggers or anything

Yeah it was bad, in their defense though it was just a preview sort of thing. I'm sure wheb the actual event is going there will be audio and everything. Plus the scareactors will be more practiced.

• Like 1

I agree that I think Hollywood is going to do this better again, but I still think our house is really nice..it just sucks about the cheap masks and makeup again. The music is definitely there, some videos just don't pick it up. You can clearly hear the main theme right before they step into the phone room. But yes, I hope it does improve before opening. I'm very interested to see the Hollywood walk through when it comes on, and if the characters show up there.

Hollywood and Orlando shouldn't be considered as competing haunts judging it's technically the same one. We're all one big family aren't we? What's the point in dissing Orlando's maze when it's not fully finished yet? It looks amazing and to say ours will be better is honestly so stupid. Both will be good in their own way and will have their own faults. Hollywood's is in a tent so it won't be bigger than Orlando's and all we have that Orlando doesn't is a small woods section and the Helicopter crash. One doesn't do anything better than the other. And to say Orlando doesn't do I.Ps well is such an insult to Mike Aiello and A&D. To judge 23 years from one house last year that didn't pan out so great and through video as well (Hell none of Hollywoods houses look scary through video[it makes a difference to fully be there]) is beyond stupid. That's like Orlando judging all of Hollywood's years through My Bloody Valentine from 2009.

Edited by Zero56
  • Like 1

did anyone see the walkthrough for Orlando's Walking Dead maze??

oh god it...its bad...

not to hate on any themepark but it felt like a Knotts maze just flowing thru everything no audio triggers or anything

I'm pretty sure it was because this was a media event. The Dead End preview (which turned out to be a fan favorite) last year had a couple of actors, but they didnt use the triggers.

• Like 1

I don't really understand this argument about which event is better when most of the people arguing haven't even ever been to both events, you really can't tell from videos/here say which one is better. Having been to both I will say they both have pros and cons. Let's just discuss the house like this thread is meant for.

• Like 4