Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

3brr9.jpg

The Speculation thus far: (will add to this as more info becomes public)

USF 8 houses. 5 ips, 1 sequel, 1 Hollywood reboot, 1 original.

Locations:

Sprung One

Sprung Two

Parade Building (B79)

Disaster Queue

SS21 A & B (Confirmed)

SS22

SS24

Permits:

BLD2013-04374, BLD2013-04376, BLD2013-04375, BLD2013-04371 BLD2013-04379, BLD2013-04380, BLD2013-04378

Map (previous queues added)

Confirmed Houses:

Cabin In The Woods (HHN - Facility - Soundstage 21A)

Speculated House list:(gleaned from The IFRIT's Clues, the doc's clues, various other confirmations)

The Walking Dead - (Rumored to be in the Parade building)

Evil Dead - (replaced American Horror Story possibly SS 21B)

Resident Evil

American Werewolf in London - (rumored to be in SS 22)

Havoc - (Rumored to be in Disaster! Queue with subsequent attached sz)

La Llorona

Original prison themed house - Based on the execution of Giuseppe Zangara who attempted to assassinate FDR. Alleged to start with his execution and be a "flashback" house. Seems to be something missing. (rumored to be Sprung Tent 1. Various prison façade pieces have been seen outside the tent)

Horror Unearthed/Legendary Truth (LT)

Legendary Truth is not only back this year but Goth Wackee has been active on FB. She has gone to Princeton to meet with Ryan and Dr. Thorncastle.

The Dr. T and Ryan returned to Orlando for Horror Extreme (the full footage of the event can be seen here).

Thorncastle stated he is again in charge of LT and that our evaluations are complete. Ryan was not seen.

Horror Unearthed/LT Merchandise goes on sale in June on the website.

Re-registration will be required for this years games/card.

Evil Takes Root (ETR) -

A character by the name moniker of "PS" has made a blog and videos related to this year. The blog is accesible directly from the HHN website or http://www.eviltakesroot.com/

PS seems to be releasing clues to the next house to be revelaed.

Dr. J's Comment Clues

Balloons = AWIL

Kevin = CITW

Surname TWD

Acrostic = Evil Dead

Christine = Resident Evil

Silencio = La Llorona

Simon = Havoc

Flashback = Prison house

The IFRIT's clues

Clue 1 :

The embers keep burning, revelations are singed.

Prepare to be tested. The countdown begins.

Clue 2: (clues 2-7 La Llorona)

You'll cry and wail for all the clues.They'll come in time, while I am mute.

Clue 3

Clue 4

Clue 5

Clue 6

Clue 7:

And with this clue this series is done.But more will be coming, we've just started the fun

Clue 8: (clue 8-10 Havoc)

An American patriarch reveals the clue when the Principal yells.You have the episode and YouTube to figure out what I tell.

Clue 9:

You'll find more connections than you really need

But can you figure it out before we move to Act III?

Clue 10:

Aren't you glad that there's not eight

Clues in this Line-up to contemplate?

Clue 11: (AWIL)

Six Degrees are all I need to ensure that your minds Bake.

On to the next and we will see if you have what it <deleted>.

Clue 12: (TWD)

Inspiration can come from familiar places.

By contrast, what comes from death-filled spaces.

Clue 13: (Resident Evil)

What they do, what you hear is the basis of what they are. Don't rock the boat and you can see if you truly are a star.

Clue 14: (14-17 Prison)

new horrors await when you discover the phone will never sing

but plotting your future is futile in a world where death is everything

Clue 15:

forward or backward, take a seat, see where the currents flow

it's not only the place that matters, but who you will follow

Clue 16

Clue 17

Clue 18 (CITW)

Soap, grope, nope I hope you find the time

Pope, rope, dope to cope and figure out the rhyme.

Clue 19: (Evil Dead)

After the break, this one's simple to find, when you remember this:

The word that matters will follow the contraction of the phrase, "It is."

My first post I try to keep it updated.

• Like 2

Linked from the main HHN site (Under "Extras") is a blog called "Evil Takes Root" (or ETR). The blogger has not identified themself as anything other than "PS," but has posted several blogs talking about strange, stalkerish happenings, PLUS two videos.

The first video is PS finding a bag in the woods (based on coordinates), which included a cell phone with a video of a cabin in the woods. While in the woods finding the bag, there are strange howlish noises that PS refers to as sounding like a pig, and there is a stench of rot.

The second video has PS pulling old drawings covered in blood out of the bag (implying Evil Dead). Again, PS mentions the stench of rot.

There is no official connection (yet) between Legendary Truth and Evil Takes Root. Current speculation is that the items in the bag each represent a house.

The disagreement between Heather and I (because it's not speculation season if we aren't arguing about something) is if Legendary Truth has any connection to Evil Takes Root.

Hope that covers everything so far.

• Like 2

Linked from the main HHN site (Under "Extras") is a blog called "Evil Takes Root" (or ETR). The blogger has not identified themself as anything other than "PS," but has posted several blogs talking about strange, stalkerish happenings, PLUS two videos.

The first video is PS finding a bag in the woods (based on coordinates), which included a cell phone with a video of a cabin in the woods. While in the woods finding the bag, there are strange howlish noises that PS refers to as sounding like a pig, and there is a stench of rot.

The second video has PS pulling old drawings covered in blood out of the bag (implying Evil Dead). Again, PS mentions the stench of rot.

There is no official connection (yet) between Legendary Truth and Evil Takes Root. Current speculation is that the items in the bag each represent a house.

The disagreement between Heather and I (because it's not speculation season if we aren't arguing about something) is if Legendary Truth has any connection to Evil Takes Root.

Hope that covers everything so far.

added some of this to the first post. :)

So I went onto Youtube to see that video and a PSman came up on the search... I thought nothing of it because he had like 100plus videos but the connections may be worth looking into... His voice is not concealed but his face is hidden in shadow, he is also in Orlando, He is also going to Halloween Horror Nights...

I did some research into this, seems that that user's name is "mrzero824" and while his room in that video looks like it is lit in a very similar way to PS's, this user has videos where you can see his face. We are also currently operating under the assumption that PS is not a male. That video was an interesting parallel though. Perhaps the PS videos are shot in that same hotel?

This PSman guy is too heavy to be the same person.

However his use of PS is most likely related to PlayStation as he is a gamer.

Could our PS also be referencing the game system? The original Resident Evil games were first popularized in the US on PlayStation.

• Like 3

Do you want it to be less or more associated with the woods? If I'm reading this right you wonder how it will be connected to the main theme (it doesn't scream "woods" to you?) but think having too many mazes connected to woods and/or cabins is too much?

I guess both assumptions are true? I'm not sure honestly what I was trying to say. :huh: I guess I'm just interested to see how it will connect. I mean if it is another house that has a cabin it will either feel really redundant (you can have a woods/forest theme house without a cabin- I.E Wolfman) or it could connect in a really cool way. I mean, maybe the "cabin" is the main thing here, not the woods. I mean in Evil Dead and TCitW it all begins IN the cabins. The groups have to find something in the cabin before the evil is unleashed on the surrounding area/woods.

Perhaps the PS videos are shot in that same hotel?

The notes state they are being harrassed on their HOME phone. So I would assume it is their home. Also the background looks a lot like a garage door.

From 3 others and from some digging around we may get a house reveal today. And yes this is kinda far fetched but I remember doctor jimmy talking about a historian icon that is obsessed with hhn history. Maybe this obsessed blogger will get taken over by the evil in the woods and be our historian. Also I feel like we are going to get an extremely terrible looking icon like with Lady Luck and then they reveal the true horror form and leave us surprised again. That if we do have an icon of course. Also p.s. says they a lot so I was thinking that maybe she is talking about the skeletons from last year, I forgot their name but maybe they are a huge tie in to this year. Just some thoughts.

Yeah, based on PS showing us "bloody sketches" we should get a Evil Dead reveal anytime now.

So did a permit check. Other than some issues with a scareactor platform and some flammbale materials imbedded in the floor... Nothing to report. Apprently you can see all issues from the 71 permit though.

Also today is audition day. If anyone has some roles they can share let us know.Of course I would not encourage this if it would get you in trouble but we all would like to hear some of them if possible.

The theme this year should be simple "the woods". The street experience would be full of shrubs, trees, ect. that actors hide in but also with the scare zones and haunted houses scattered around the park.

We already know about 2 (maybe 3) houses which are located in the woods: Cabin in the Woods, Dead evil, and the sprung tent where I spotted a huge pile of trees (pictures in the construction thread). All of these houses, if true, would make a great event and make me a happy camper! (Pun intended)

9 streets. Firecrew. 3 "Collective."

So zones and roamers seem like a go.

Since active back-up is being replaced by "The Collective," could we assume that those casted as such will be part of the in-park games? I can see several "scare"actors casted as characters to find, interact with, and get clues from throughout the park for investigation purposes.

I'm excited to hear about 9 streets this year! WOW! This supports the idea of having both fixed and roaming scarezones, which seems like a good recipe for HHN. Assuming that Resident Evil happens in NY (transformation to Raccoon City) and HAVOC happens in SF (connecting from house in Disaster), we still have seven to figure out. My guess is that we will see the park transformed into the Woods, similar to last year's cemetery - this would provide opportunities to create fixed scarezones (just think what they could do in Central Park this year) and roaming hoards of the Woods' inhabitants.

I am sad to hear about no stilt scareactors as they definitely enhance the street experience. I did hear rumblings about this, and wonder if it is a safety concern.

• Like 2

I remember someone asking about how houses would be connected. They also mentioned "resident evil." I honestly only remember one time that the resident evil series ever had anything to do with a forest. That was resident evil 4, which took place in a rural area in Europe. It also had nothing to do with the T-virus and took place after umbrella's downfall. That being said, the games and movies have never and probably will never follow the same plot (no matter how many similar elements they have). I also don't think the newest movie had anything to do with woodland areas, then again, I haven't seen it. The first resident evil game INVOLVED woods, but it took place largely in a mansion with a secret underground facility underneath it.

This should make the speculation interesting. I would love for them to stay more true to the games (I'm an avid gamer and am interested in film, the resident evil movies do not meet either standard for me) but I'm going to assume that's too much to hope for.

Also, because Universal loves the "implacable man" trope, I can say that we're likely to see Nemesis, or some other large "B.O.W" (bio organic weapon). However, if they aren't stilt walkers, some of them might look a bit silly, unless they get some tall actors.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch

I remember someone asking about how houses would be connected. They also mentioned "resident evil." I honestly only remember one time that the resident evil series ever had anything to do with a forest. That was resident evil 4, which took place in a rural area in Europe.

Eh. The first game took place in a mansion in the middle of the forest/mountains.

• Like 1

I pretty much expect to see everything that was in Japan last year... seeing as the have already made the molds and pieces before.
(well minus the dogs... they kind of look like zombie furries 0.o )

As for the veteran/stilt thing. To me it says the all mighty dollar is more important. Does that mean no chainsaws either? They get paid more too....

• Like 1

Regarding SZ speculation, I never said that the 9 streets will have different "themes." I've been saying for a while now that I think the Woods will act as an overarching theme of the entire event; the SZs and houses will all be manifestations of creatures that are found in and events that happen in the woods. When I mentioned that we still have to figure out seven of the streets, I meant that we need to figure out what other things are waiting for us in the depths of the Woods. As Parkscope mentioned above, RE did take place in a mansion in the middle of the woods. And, our super soldiers are rumored to have been on a train that crashed in the woods. The other houses make sense, now it's time to tie-in the scarezones as more information is discovered.

Regarding casting, I know that chainsaws and stilts make more money, but do veteran scareactors make more as they return from year to year? I still say part of the "no stilts" is due to safety. Mardi Gras and Macy's are one thing, but HHN is becoming more crowded and it's harder for them to maintain safety. Wasn't one of the Iniquitus pulled down last year?

• Like 2

I would tend to think that the implementation of Resident Evil would NOT be a "copy and paste" of what they had in Japan. Plus, the cost of shipping molds overseas exceeds the cost of making them locally. And since it is IP, I would assume the original molds may be available from the original artists. As for the hounds, that would NEVER fly at HHN Orlando. Too hokey in my opinion.