Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Now what if, and stay with me here, we are in the night but... DUAL RUN CABIN IN THE WOODS MAZE.

Eh. While it could conceivably work, that's a pretty huge marketing detail they would already be screaming from the rooftops if it were true.

The 21A/21B is a coding on which house is which in the SS.

Posted this in another area, then realized wasn't where I meant to be....LOL

I see a return to the origins, where LT started....Wyandot County. When you look at topo maps and photos of the area, it looks similar to the video. that is the one location that time and again linked so many pieces of the different years and stories together. but that is just my opinion :)

• Like 1

All this talk about roots and a forest type theme is making me wonder.
what if we get the same kind of "hordes" as last year and what if they decorate the part the same way they did last year but instead of graves coming out of the ground what if they make the whole park just full of roots and branches and stuff? What if none of the streets are specific to their horde but just a genetic set up like last year? That would be kind of, not cool.

Unfortunately I feel like that could easily be the case.

The idea of it just being various legions roaming the woods would fit with the theming, (and take much less effort).

I really, REALLY hope you're wrong.

I want too see regular scarezones this year. But it would make sense for them to dress the entire park as a dark forest and have all the streets look the same.

They wouldn't have to do specific decorations for scarezones or anything. (it could probably be like Grown Evil took over the entire park)

Edited by LV-426

I would think they could easily do a kind of overarching feel kind of providing a "canopy" if you will over the event (figurative not literal) without making it so that there can't be individual scarezones.

I mean if you think of woods in horror films there are always "clearings" in woods that produce cemetaries, or cult alters, cemeteries, monster dens, worn down buildings or backwoods homes, haunted fields, hidden labs or bunkers... the list goes on. I can easily see the woods (if this is what is going to happen) "covering" the entire event with "clearings" being scarezones, which will fit the theme.

Edited by _Veritas_

I like the sound of that. I think the change in environment and greater volume of scareactors that a scarezone provides is necessary to create a more intense atmosphere. If the whole park were just woods I feel like I'd just get used to it y'know?

Like last year, I was expecting to run into random hordes so it stopped being scary. The change in environment that you get with a scarezone takes you out of your comfort zone and reminds you that everything is still out to get you - I love that feeling, walking into a scarezone, knowing someone is gonna get me before I walk out of it.

I love the overarching theme of woodland, it's totally creepy and I think that veritas is completely right- there is a lot you could do with it. I'd love to see scarezones as clearings featuring the various nasty things that one could come across in the dark forest.... awesome :)

.....i'm gonna go think of all the horrible things that could be lurking in the woods...possibilities are endless

Just wondering... has anyone been to the park recently? Didn't know if someone has checked for any clue's as to who this PS character is... Didn't they do that a couple years back with a LT investigator (name on a office window in NY)

I like the sound of that. I think the change in environment and greater volume of scareactors that a scarezone provides is necessary to create a more intense atmosphere. If the whole park were just woods I feel like I'd just get used to it y'know?

Like last year, I was expecting to run into random hordes so it stopped being scary. The change in environment that you get with a scarezone takes you out of your comfort zone and reminds you that everything is still out to get you - I love that feeling, walking into a scarezone, knowing someone is gonna get me before I walk out of it.

I love the overarching theme of woodland, it's totally creepy and I think that veritas is completely right- there is a lot you could do with it. I'd love to see scarezones as clearings featuring the various nasty things that one could come across in the dark forest.... awesome :)

.....i'm gonna go think of all the horrible things that could be lurking in the woods...possibilities are endless

I personally expect to see a mix. 3 or 4 hordes and 2 or 3 scarezones. Would make a nice mix and if the hordes are done in a fashion like last year could really intensify the event overall.

• Like 1

Just wondering... has anyone been to the park recently? Didn't know if someone has checked for any clue's as to who this PS character is... Didn't they do that a couple years back with a LT investigator (name on a office window in NY)

As of now my guess nothing is in the park, I dont think the in park games will start til the second week of the run.

Looks like you guys are getting the Evil Dead remake as well as us in Hollywood. There was a leaked add from the Evil Dead DVD case. I'm trying to upload the image, but it won't let me. Here's what is says though.

"Enter for a chance to experience the new EVIL DEAD MAZE at Universal Studios Hollywood or Universal Orlando Resort. Opening Sep. 20th 2013."

It showed an image of the possesed Mia at the bottom.

so two mazes with a cabin in the woods. starting to look like a connecting theme to me..what are the chances they put both in the same stage and just build one giant wood setting with a cabin in the middle split in half...you enter through the front and just snake around the center one maze out the back door into more woods to a marsh and the other down to the basement then into the facility???

apperently the universal studios president just confirmed a couple mazes. along with the evil dead maze there will be a resident evil maze and another with a mexican halloween theme. I CANT WAIT to see those psycho nurses from resident evil

Source?

my buddy who works at universal studios. He just told me tonight that the announcement was made confirming 3 of the mazes

the mexican one is supposed to be called La Muerta and the Evil Dead maze will be themed around the new film, not the originals

Edited by UsherBscary

Mexican Halloween, eh? That probably means the theories about Mama or Lla Lorona are true then. Given the IP density we have here, I'd say Mama would have been likely. Though I don't know if that movie took place on Halloween, so I don't know for sure.

Seems like this will be an original-ish house with film concepts in it, then.

Edited by Dr. John Overwatch