Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Well... Not knowing anything about this new house... Is it possible it's like an Alice Cooper: Incarcerated or something like that?

Oh god... <_< maybe....

lmao, that really made me laugh.

yeah it is pure speculation but that would be most ideal. The problem for me with Cabin in the woods is that they might want to focus more on the Zombie Redneck Torture Family, which could make the house not as interesting (Specially if we are getting Evil Dead on top of all)

But it could be an amazing house if they create the creatures we saw at the end. I know some of them would be too difficult, but I would really love to see something like that.

Edited by LV-426

Words cannot express how happy I will be if a CitW house happens. It's possibly my favorite mainstream comedy/horror movie of the 2000s/2010s (along with Zombieland and Drag Me to Hell). Starting off in the cabin, specifically in the cellar with all of the Monster Items, then experiencing The Purge in The Facility would be amazing. The hilarity mixed with all of the Monsters would be fantastic. As much as I love the original ED series, the remake/reimagining of this year made me angry, but I would still thoroughly enjoy a house based off of the property. Maybe I'm the only one, but I love the IP houses-as an aspiring filmmaker and overall movie freak, the chance to be submerged into those worlds is a dream, er nightmare, come true.

Edited by Danielle1001
  • Like 1

Catacombs >>>>> Nightingales

Now for an orange...

I'd rather either over a HAVOC sequel. Pretty good house, but didn't really warrant a sequel i think. I question why they didn't use Nightingales for the sequel house as they literally made that house with the intention of making it a franchise name. Not very excited for this house (if we get it) but i wasn't excited for the original either and it turned out pretty good, so i may be surprised(if it happens).

Edited by foREVer56

It was called simon in the Land of Chalk... Use to come on Pinwheel back when that was all the was on Nickolodeon (and Nick actually went off the air at 6 pm). But Meyes got his inspiration from it (note the theme song).

there was also Harold and the Purple crayon.

Actually, a house about drawings coming to life could be frightening.

Yes that was the show I was referring to. Thanks for finding a clip. I agree, it could be very frightening if done right. Maybe one day...

• Like 1

Woah, I've not been on here in a while! Good to be back!

Due to my absence, I have missed some stuff. Could someone catch me up...have permits been filed yet, or any new info, or anything? Thanks.

Scroll up.

• Like 1

I'm glad to see we may be getting out Havoc Sequel. Now If Only we could get Nightengales that would be perfect...

I wish they did Catacombs or Nightingales instead of Havoc. Unless they get the exact same actors that worked that house the first time, I don't really care for this one.

The only thing I am afraid of this house is that they leave the "purge in the facility" for the very end. Maybe the last two rooms. I would really hate it if most of the house is the redneck zombie family over and over.

As far as IP houses go, I am not sure anymore. I used to love them but last year made me start to hate them. I Love Cabin in the Woods, I love Evil Dead, I love the American Werewolf etc. But I am just hoping and praying to the HHN gods here that the houses are not as bad as last year :mellow:

• Like 2

Oh, Dr. Jimmy, how I do love this game we've started. :) And as I mentioned over on HU, it would appear my connections weren't so crazy after all! Particularly after mentioning the other shirts you were wearing in days previous! And connecting that shirt was entirely too easy. :P

And while we are all having some great fun with these comment videos, any plans in the works for doing the next history video and starting HHN XIX? Of all the years I missed, that's probably the only one I really regret, as it sounded amazing, and the Usher is hands down my favorite icon. Would love to learn all about that year from the good Doctor.

CitW could very easily fill that role. The queue video could be the two guys talking from the control room with their deadpan humor, and the house could have the betting board, the unicorn impaling someone, the clown, and I will lose it if they have the merman attacking somebody who's screaming "Really?! The Merman?! AAAHHHHHHhhh...."

As for the rumored/confirmed house list on the previous pages, I actually don't think I'd mind this line up. Even though they're IP's, there can still be a lot of creativity done here. And the potential for gore is immense. With some good SZ's/roaming hordes, and some awesome shows (read that as NO MAGIC SHOWS), this could be a really good year!

• Like 3

Haha, I'm such a nerd for Magic Shows! I find magicians incredibly attractive and also secretly want to be one.

Overall, I'm excited about this year as well and can't wait to see how things shape up. I especially love when the construction pics start getting posted.

If we get another magic show I am going to lose my sh!t. Seriously I really don't get why we get so many amazing streets and houses over the years, and some of the worst shows in the country.... pathetic.
If we.... When we get the magic show this year I am just going to start boycotting universal... :angry:

You don't have to lose your shit, c'mon dude, it's not that serious lol. Don'like magic shows then don't go, better yet, start boycotting as of now because i'm almost certain we'll have a magic show. Life is good :-)

well, that's my problem. Why can't we get a good show? something new and interesting? Why can't they find an awesome show for people to see?

And, for that matter, why do they change the Bill and Ted show every year then? why not just do the exact same show from last year? with the same jokes and the same dance numbers and everything? why change at all? They don't do that with the magic shows... it just makes no sense. Why did get rid of Rocky Horror for that matter? so many questions???

Edited by LV-426

I wish Universal would go back to storytelling in their shows. I would gladly take something like Carnival of Carnage or The Arrival. What would be really cool and would make a lot of sense is if the lagoon show actually told a story and was on the maps with show times.

• Like 3