Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

You seem confident...

I'm extremely confident in what I know... and I'm not talking ;)

But my point was when was the last time Uni cared whether it made sense (or if the fans were upset for that matter) to have two zombies houses... or 6 IPs... Or a centralized theme... Or a real icon... Or washed up celebrities? The point is they are gonna do what they are gonna do... and what they are going to do is stuff people in the park and make money in any way they can.

• Like 2

I'm extremely confident in what I know... and I'm not talking ;)

But my point was when was the last time Uni cared whether it made sense (or if the fans were upset for that matter) to have two zombies houses... or 6 IPs... Or a centralized theme... Or a real icon... Or washed up celebrities? The point is they are gonna do what they are gonna do... and what they are going to do is stuff people in the park and make money in any way they can.

unfortunitly this is very true....and lets be reall HHN is a buisness to make money and HHN used to be the main profit for the year for universal, but the A&D guys i believe care or at least pretend to show they care about the hard core fans like us

Having two zombie houses wouldn't suck. It could even be cool.

Having two zombie houses the way the Walking Dead was last year would be freaking horrible.

That would be my problem with having two zombie houses. That they both could suck.

Now, Everyone knows Resident Evil has a lot of other creatures and monsters, not just zombies. So in this case The Resident Evil could be a cool house if they decided to add different creatures from the games.

but seeing how Silent Hill turned out last year, it wouldn't surprise me if they ended up having most of the house filled with Zombies alone.

I still have some hope that a RE house might be good.

I have ZERO hope for a Walking Dead house if it comes back

Edited by LV-426

I have ZERO hope for a Walking Dead house if it comes back
Why? A second year will get it an automatic upgrade to a better location. Subject will be different (different season)... and they've had a year to tweak it. RE... Well it all depends on implementation. There is a lot of material to work with. Check out the costumes from Japan last year... all were really good. Zombies were always the initial focus of RE but it quickly became about other things. That's saying any of it's true ;) And I know A&D care about the fans. Many of these people I know and consider friends. I am not dissing them in the least. In fact they are what make the event all the good things it is. If anything the "villain" of the event is corporate greed.
  • Like 3

I've been going to hhn since it was called Fright night. You don't need an icon, centralized them, houses that tie in with each other. Some of the best houses I seen where ip houses, and some of the best years ive seen didn't have icons. Doe that make me less "hardcore" then some of you? I beg to differ. Last year we had all the things some of you hated so much, including as someone said "washed up" celebrities and it seem to wo go over with the masses, just look at the wait times for validation. It's a BUSINESS' so you have to reach out a broader audience, and not just please a fringe group. Just my two cents, btw i enjoyed last years event very much.

• Like 1

I have been every year too. I did miss HHN 14 due to the hurricanes.

I Love this event and even my least favorite years are fun.

I just think Universal, on the whole, stopped caring what the fans want and started caring what brought in the money. The generic merchandise, the ploys to bring in people by using celebrities. But it isn't even just HHN. What is left of the theme park I went to when I was 14? E.T... "earthquake"... T2. that's about it. Everything has changed. Much of it is just Cash cows. I'm not saying progress is bad. But they removed loved rides just to make money.

You think anyone will care about those horrible transformers movies in the future? Nah. Harry Potter could be more timeless... but it isn't their property... and eventually contracts wear out. Suess island is on the chopping block. Some possible properties include LOTR and Hunger Games...

I'm just saying there is a line between renovating and selling out.

However A&D ALWAYS care what we think and they do their best to make the houses the best they can with whatever restrictions placed. HU was completely thought up by them and was not planned. It was a big hit... Now we have the event at Horror Extreme. Its things like this that make me a loyal HHN follower. Not Universal. Not whatever gimmick they use to bring more people in.

As for spec on streets. All is still quiet. I think we will hear more info after the 25th... Not sure if it will be street related info. There is nearly zero on streets right now.

• Like 1

As for spec on streets. All is still quiet. I think we will hear more info after the 25th... Not sure if it will be street related info. There is nearly zero on streets right now.

i doubt we'll get any info on streets till end of june, last year doc didnt give any street hints till we had already pretty much figured out the houses in their entirety...but who knows maybe all of the docs clues so far this year have been for streets and nothing to do with houses.....

Since the prospect of RE brought it up, what was wrong with TWD last year? I was only able to go to the house in hollywood, but our house was the highlight of the event.

IMO, it was a horrible house, to bright, not enough actors, the design was cool as we all knew instantly what scene we were in when we walked into the room, except for me the barn which i thought was awful, for me the "Fear" in TWD is to be surrounded by zombies grabbing at me, and i never once felt that way except in the street

I've been going to hhn since it was called Fright night. You don't need an icon, centralized them, houses that tie in with each other. Some of the best houses I seen where ip houses, and some of the best years ive seen didn't have icons. Doe that make me less "hardcore" then some of you? I beg to differ. Last year we had all the things some of you hated so much, including as someone said "washed up" celebrities and it seem to wo go over with the masses, just look at the wait times for validation. It's a BUSINESS' so you have to reach out a broader audience, and not just please a fringe group. Just my two cents, btw i enjoyed last years event very much.

Well although I've not been going to HHN as long as you (blame living in England) last years event was the worst one ive attended. I still had fun and i still enjoyed it but it paled in comparison to the previous years especially the house quality. It was also the most heavily attended which I suppose proves that the advertising and IP's worked for UNI. Doesn't mean we have to be happy about their new approach, which will be repeated this year without a doubt. I personally prefer an icon and clear theme to the whole event, but I cannot deny that marketing a known IP worked from a business sense for them last year. Although it brought people in that doesn't mean the GP thought the event better than other years though. Once you've bought your ticket you are obliged to use it (you've paid for it after all) but I'd be interested to hear what the GP thought of the event compared to previous years. I've yet to hear one person say that last year was their favourite year but I open up the floor for someone to disagree with that and tell me why.

Maybe it hints to a Horror Unearthed house ;)

in other news, Charles posted this from the Designing the Fear twitter account:

"I just got off Simpsons at Universal, and I spot ppl coming out of the sprung tents wearing hard hats. #HHN23 construction has STARTED!!!!"

if that means they started construction, the permits should've been filed already and we should see them online in the next day or two i think, depending on how fast they're visible online from when they're submitted.

Edited by foREVer56

It looks like Screamscape is vibing on the ideas being presented here. One of their new news pieces has speculation from here being shown off as rumors.

Actually... Most of the "spec" he's posting about was posted on a HHNRumors article a couple of weeks ago that Chris posted.

• Like 1

.2?

Interesting. Normally the second would be called 4.1...but this is 4.2.

If 1 gets skipped over but 2 matters...well that's what would happen with an American Horror Story maze. Since season 1 had little to offer but season 2 does.

Edgar Allan Poe wrote an acrostic poem entitled Elizabeth. Elizabeth Short was a character in American Horror Story season one. On top of that, Edgar Allan Poe was from Massachusetts, where Briarcliff is located.

Also, Elizabeth Arden is a fake name with "Arden" in it. Arthur Arden is another fake name. Elizabeth Arden's real name was Florence Nightingale Graham, Arthur Arden's character was a doctor.

That's one theory at least. Here's the poem if anyone wants a shot at it.

Elizabeth it is in vain you say
"Love not"—thou sayest it in so sweet a way:
In vain those words from thee or L. E. L.
Zantippe's talents had enforced so well:
Ah! if that language from thy heart arise,
Breathe it less gently forth—and veil thine eyes.
Endymion, recollect, when Luna tied
To cure his love—was cured of all beside—
His folly—pride—and passion—for he died

Edited by ferox

Since the prospect of RE brought it up, what was wrong with TWD last year? I was only able to go to the house in hollywood, but our house was the highlight of the event.

The house felt empty at times.

And the actors couldn't be too aggressive, so it felt like they were just staring at you sometimes. It happened a lot in the barn, Some zombies would come at you, but I remember most of the time they would stare at you. AMC messed it up.

the rooms were okay, but nothing amazing.

I saw videos of the house in Hollywood, and that house looked amazing compared to ours. You guys even got props we never got and the rooms in the house were a lot better. I liked what I saw in the video a lot.

I also saw in the video that the actors were more aggressive and jumped out more. Both the Silent Hill and WD houses for Hollywood looked much, much better.

I also thought last year could be one of the worst for me, specially since the houses in 2011 were so great. It felt like a downgrade.

IP houses can be done well, and they have been done well. But I don't think that was the case last year.

• Like 1