Dark Legions: Traditionals

Mark M.

• 2 weeks later...

Woah guys! These are "The Skool" children from HHN 18. Trippy as fuck.

http://www.flickr.co...157627365046058

And here is a Fox Girl...with BLACK HAIR!

http://www.flickr.co...57627365046058/

Here's a link to an album where you all can look at Traditionals before they were Traditionals, haha. Fair warning, it's trippy as fuck and similar to steping into an alternate universe. The costuming and mask are all switched up, and yeah. Some masks weren't used that year that were used this year and the other way around as well. They had a Panda Mask with Rosie's dress...hm....how odd.

http://www.flickr.co...5046058/?page=2

It has also come to my attention that this thread has died...like most things do on the site during this time...but yeah just expect random blips from me every now and then. xD Maybe someone is out there reading...someone....someone.....anyone...Buler?

Edited by TsunamiFox
  • Like 2

Well to humor you :P

I drew this a few weeks back not sure if you saw it...

559194_504837166207797_153951686_n.jpg

I think I just shed a few tears. Thank you for this....if you have anything else to post, I'll be here...haha.

That's a really good picture too, I like the style, and just the moment you captured with it. Awesome! :) I hope Rosie sees it, if she still frequently visits this site, haha. :)

I think I just shed a few tears. Thank you for this....if you have anything else to post, I'll be here...haha.

That's a really good picture too, I like the style, and just the moment you captured with it. Awesome! I hope Rosie sees it, if she still frequently visits this site, haha.

Thank you :)

Yeah I shared it with her. She said it made her happy :)

• Like 3

I miss Courtney. :'(

DSC02289.jpg

By the end of the event, she would just come up to me and pet my arm, no joke haha. I always knew it was her because of this. It was really cool and I miss the fun we used to have with all the others. Courtney, you are greatly missed. I hope you enjoyed all the candy. I'm also sorry I wasn't able to put all my candy in your infamous pouch on Halloween night, hehe. That must have been soooo heavy, I remember you laughing about how heavy it was. She also said this was her 5th year scare-acting! I hope to see you next year for your 6th! It would warm my heart ever so endlessly. :)

Here is the last bit of footage I have of the Traditionals. Luckily, it's 11 minutes long...so it's a nice way to go out, haha.

Watching this video will require some background information, so you can understand what exactly was going on. *Note, the video was filmed in the deepest and darkest depths of Central Park (so, far away from light), therefore you more so listen to this video, apposed to watching it. It's an audio experience, so I hope you don't mind.

Background Info:

Okay, well this was filmed on Halloween night, which would be the last night I would see everyone (scareactors and friends) at HHN 22. A friend of mine was told by Rosie the Fox Girl to tell me to meet her at Central Park around 9:30 or 10:30, I can't remember exactly. He also said she had something for me...I felt very strange and didn't know what to think of the situation. Regardless, I met her up at Central Park at the designated time. She took me (and the friends I was with) in to the deepest and darkest depth of Central Park at Universal. When we got there, other Traditionals were standing around, it was absolutely crazy. But essentially, Rosie and Mandy (Ballerina Kitty) gave me some presents! Yep! This is seriously one of the coolest things that has ever happened to me. The presents they gave me were so amazing and sweet. I'll post the pictures of them for you. Other Traditionals started to cry, so it was almost like a little mini goodbye, before the night was really over. Also, other scareactors were there (like a pumpkin head was there, but you just never saw him). So, a lot of other scareactors show up in this video as well (just some of them you can't see). I hope you enjoy!

The Video:

Memorable Quotes from Rosie:

1.) I'm gonna give you a present, and then murder you in the dead of night.

2.) It's a fun game of Russian Roulette.

3.) I have a present for you too. - Me

You do? Is it dead babies? - Rosie

4.) And I heard that you like Sour Patch Kids. - Me

I do because they taste like babies, but they're not quite as succulent. -Rosie

5.)They're the closest you can get...to babies...of course.

6.) Some people in this club....

7.) Someone's calling your name Sam. -Kevin (My friend)

What, who is? - Me

Ignore them! I'm the most - LOOK AT ME! I'm the most important. -Rosie

8.) Talking to one of the cats:

Are you gonna cry? -Rosie

No, I'm not going to cry. -Mandy (I'm pretty sure this was Mandy)

If you're going to cry, I'm going to push you down that hill. -Rosie

No, I'm not going to cry. *starts crying* - Mandy

Stop crying, cry baby! - Rosie

9.) I'm trying to have a tender moment.

10.) Candy is still candy crushed.

11.) Don't make me cry again.

12.) Ha ha.

13.) Brandon will kiss it and make it better.

14.) I'm the prettiest and the smartest.

15.) All of it. All of it!

16.) Am I not special enough for you. *crys*

17.) I'm not special to you. *crys* You don't like me. *crys* I'm not special. *crys* I just tried - *babble, *babble* *crys* You don't like me. *crys*

18.) Sing the song!! - Everyone

19.) Is the song not special enough to you? *crys*

20.) It was beau- They gave me a whole song, what did you get me?

21.) Is that what I mean to you, Taylor? I killed Santa Claus for you!

22.) Do you hear the sass coming out of his mouth?

23.) But, they're not as pretty or as smart as me.

24.) Did you bring me candy, 'cause he's stingy.

25.) It'd be a shame if your glasses had to fall off again.

26.) Why would you do that!?

• Like 1

As mentioned in the post above, here are the presents that were given to me by Mandy and Rosie! Thanks so much girls! :3

Mandy's Gift:

DSC02595.jpg

DSC02596.jpg

DSC02597.jpg

This card was written in crayon! That just goes to show how in tune Mandy was with her character (playing a child). I love this so much and will cherish it forever, Mandy! I can't thank you enough, and my heart is warmed to know you enjoyed the candy enough to go to this length for me. Thank you so much! :3

Rosie's Gift:

DSC02600.jpg

DSC02601.jpg

We all know Rosie is greedy with the candy, so the fact that she gave me candy (which she made), just shows how beautiful this present is! Thank you so much Rosie. The fact that you did give me candy and not eat it for yourself means the world to me. :)

I know I told you this, but I will never eat this, it's too special.

Is working at Grinchmas or something?

No, there is a scare-actor and fan party on December the 8th...dubbed as a Hootenany! "Rosie" will be there, so that's what Justin (Justman1020) meant when he said he could give it to her then.

If you're interested...I think I'm going to see if it can be put on the site calendar.

Edited by TsunamiFox
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today was Beth's (the girl that played Rosie the Fox Girl) birthday! For her bday, I made her some GIFs from my Tiger Astronaut YouTube videos. I thought I'd post them here...it felt appropriate.

1.) Morphan Parkour

tumblr_mgwf5nNQOD1r9zioio1_400.gif

2.) Rosie

tumblr_mgwf8wLVNs1r9zioio1_500.gif

3.) Rosie - "Hey" & Waving

tumblr_mgwfel4RJS1r9zioio1_500.gif

4.) Tigernaut - YES!

tumblr_mgwfjw4oPV1r9zioio1_500.gif

5.) Tigernaut - Happy Dance

tumblr_mgwfxcADXp1r9zioio1_500.gif

6.) Rosie - "All I wanted..."

tumblr_mgwfoqjL2E1r9zioio1_500.gif

7.) Rosie - Crying Face

tumblr_mgwg4bqN5M1r9zioio1_500.gif

Happy birthday, Beth!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Happy February Traditionals thread. Yes, I'm still here! xD

I just had a Morphan revelation that I thought I'd share. And here it is:

tumblr_mcvblmQ7kV1rvughbo1_500.jpg

Tiger Girls socks are amazing! I never noticed this before. Haha. But seriously. They're rad as shit, yo!

*facepalm* haha. why did I post that?

---------

In other news, I'm collecting Traditional masks now! My friend gave me a tiger mask just as a present, and I got the idea to collect them and hang them in my room. Today I acquired my fox mask! It's the closet one I could find to the real HHN ones. Most of the fox masks you'll find won't have the actual eye holes where the eyes are, but the Traditional/Skool Children ones have them there. I also snagged the last of these beauties. Here it is:

DSC03496_zps2e390d39.jpg

Here it is next to my tiger mask on my wall:

DSC03501_zps016f7a47.jpg

DSC03502_zps43c01685.jpg

I need 3 more to fill the space and I am still currently debating which ones I should pick. Anyways, I'll update you with the progress. :)

• Like 1

*facepalm* haha. why did I post that?

---------

In other news, I'm collecting Traditional masks now! My friend gave me a tiger mask just as a present, and I got the idea to collect them and hang them in my room. Today I acquired my fox mask! It's the closet one I could find to the real HHN ones. Most of the fox masks you'll find won't have the actual eye holes where the eyes are, but the Traditional/Skool Children ones have them there. I also snagged the last of these beauties. Here it is:

DSC03496_zps2e390d39.jpg

Here it is next to my tiger mask on my wall:

DSC03501_zps016f7a47.jpg

DSC03502_zps43c01685.jpg

I need 3 more to fill the space and I am still currently debating which ones I should pick. Anyways, I'll update you with the progress. :)

I actually wanted to do this when the 2008 Skoolhouse scarezone happened, but I never found them for cheap, (I found some animal masks but for like 15 or 20 without shipping, too much for little plastic masks.

I really wish I could find them for cheap. Where did you buy your wolf mask from?

Anyways, This is really nice, I like what you are doing, I wanted to do the same but I wanted mostly to get the mask that was my favorite of 2008

OgCtyhg.jpg?1

I really do not understand Why they didn't use this mask for 2012, it was my favorite costume of 2008.

They even had this mask on the preview of the costumes for 2012. I don't know, I was pretty disappointed. But the Bunny mask has been used for HHN a couple of years, so you might want to add it to your list too lol :lol:

you have Wolf mask, tiger mask

I would say get

Cat mask

Chicken mask

maybe Bunny mask or pig mask,

or Monkey mask.

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 1

I actually wanted to do this when the 2008 Skoolhouse scarezone happened, but I never found them for cheap, (I found some animal masks but for like 15 or 20 without shipping, too much for little plastic masks.

I really wish I could find them for cheap. Where did you buy your wolf mask from?

Anyways, This is really nice, I like what you are doing, I wanted to do the same but I wanted mostly to get the mask that was my favorite of 2008

OgCtyhg.jpg?1

I really do not understand Why they didn't use this mask for 2012, it was my favorite costume of 2008.

They even had this mask on the preview of the costumes for 2012. I don't know, I was pretty disappointed. But the Bunny mask has been used for HHN a couple of years, so you might want to add it to your list too lol :lol:

you have Wolf mask, tiger mask

I would say get

Cat mask

Chicken mask

maybe Bunny mask or pig mask,

or Monkey mask.

Sorry, you kept saying "wolf" in your post, but to clear things up, it is a fox mask (go figure :P). But, if you're looking for a wolf mask, I have seen those floating around as well. They look like this:

61380-Deluxe-Kids-Wolf-Mask-large.jpg

I got my fox mask from a company called Screamers Costumes, they have a website, but I bought mine off of their Ebay store. Unfortunately, they only had 6 and they all got sold. You also can't find that fox mask on their website either, so I think the ones they were selling on their Ebay store were excess ones they didn't want anymore. I got lucky too because my fox mask looks fairly close to the Traditional/Skool Children ones. The most common fox masks you'll find on the Internet do not look much like the HHN ones. Typically they don't have the holes for where your eyes go where the actual mask eye holes are.

I also got mine for $11 (which includes shipping). Totally worth it!

I was also wondering what had happened to the bunny mask. I remember seeing it in the promo video for the street experiences, yet I never saw it. It is a shame, it's a cool mask and is one of the ones I am heavily considering! :)

How could I forget Zachary? :P

Yes, the owl is another one I am considering, but the ones I have seen aren't the greatest, but I did see one that looked close to the HHN one, so I'll have to find it! Also, the cat is another one I want too. And in regards to the chicken mask, the only ones I have seen are very bulky and cumbersome.

Oh man....decisions, decisions.....

Oh and Mr. Black, if you ever start collecting them too, I'd love to see your progress and what you're doing with them! Thanks for the complements on my wall as well, haha.

• Like 2

Sorry, you kept saying "wolf" in your post, but to clear things up, it is a fox mask (go figure :P). But, if you're looking for a wolf mask, I have seen those floating around as well. They look like this:

61380-Deluxe-Kids-Wolf-Mask-large.jpg

I got my fox mask from a company called Screamers Costumes, they have a website, but I bought mine off of their Ebay store. Unfortunately, they only had 6 and they all got sold. You also can't find that fox mask on their website either, so I think the ones they were selling on their Ebay store were excess ones they didn't want anymore. I got lucky too because my fox mask looks fairly close to the Traditional/Skool Children ones. The most common fox masks you'll find on the Internet do not look much like the HHN ones. Typically they don't have the holes for where your eyes go where the actual mask eye holes are.

I also got mine for $11 (which includes shipping). Totally worth it!

I was also wondering what had happened to the bunny mask. I remember seeing it in the promo video for the street experiences, yet I never saw it. It is a shame, it's a cool mask and is one of the ones I am heavily considering! :)

How could I forget Zachary? :P

Yes, the owl is another one I am considering, but the ones I have seen aren't the greatest, but I did see one that looked close to the HHN one, so I'll have to find it! Also, the cat is another one I want too. And in regards to the chicken mask, the only ones I have seen are very bulky and cumbersome.

Oh man....decisions, decisions.....

Oh and Mr. Black, if you ever start collecting them too, I'd love to see your progress and what you're doing with them! Thanks for the complements on my wall as well, haha.

right... sorry LOL I don't know why I Said wolf when it is a fox, I think I was thinking about wolves when writing this :lol::lol:

Yeah I meant fox.... :ninja:

I've see the Fox and Bunny and cat masks, but Ive never seen the tiger masks for sale, That's the one I haven't seen

There used to be this online store that had all kinds of masks, I saw the Bunny mask and a pig mask they used in 2008, but they were too small I think, they were for kids, They also had the bunny mask, the price was cheap too, but they sold out and never got any more.

A halloween store here In Orlando by Fashion Square Mall in Colonial had fox and bunny masks, but they were not good quality. the paint was weird, they were big they would fit me but they were like 9 bucks and like I said the paint was badly done.

I keep trying to look for them but I can't find them, I would love to get all of them, I already have a wall with masks but just different halloween masks I have a pumpkin mask too and a day of the dead mask,

ldfVGfJ.jpg?1

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 1