Alice Cooper's: Welcome to my Nightmare

Hauntfan

Cast A's Varsity Jock is definitely my favorite scareactor in the house. And I find this ironic because I initially thought this scene/role was pretty underwhelming after my first trip through during EP :ninja:

One thing that bugs me is the spider room... it seems like the 2nd spider girl just stands on her eprom so its constantly roaring. This annoys me because this is one of the few scenes in the house that has the easiest potential for scares with the least amount of effort. If she could work on this, she'd get some great scares.

For the most part I find this house drab and boring, but the scare from above gets me almost everytime. Biggest redeeming quality of the house. Other than that I can take it or leave it.

I do wish this scare was put either in House of Horrors or Gothic,

that way I could enjoy it more, I really really dread having to go to the Alice Cooper house, but yeah this is pretty cool,

I kinda hope they do it again next year so i can fully see

Edited by Mr. Black
  • Like 1

For the most part I find this house drab and boring, but the scare from above gets me almost everytime. Biggest redeeming quality of the house. Other than that I can take it or leave it.

Oh the guy in the ceiling in AC is me :)

Edited by helzo
  • Like 2

Oh the guy in the ceiling in AC is me :)

You freaked a member of my crew directly in front of me. Good job!

I thought it had a little more to offer than that (the Cooper eyes stained glass window hallway/room and the finale) but you're right, overall it was a disappointment.

A shame, seeing as how Hollywood's take on the material last year seemed so much better than what we got.

Hell, even their lackluster looking sequel house (ALICE COOPER GOES TO HELL) seems a bit more inspired than our WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE.

Edited by YourPallbearer

I will agree... the house might not be "the best"... BUT it is slowly growing on me with each visit.

Certain scenes do need tweaking.. (Medical, Kitchen,.......... Stripper :P , morgue)

Other scenes are pretty strong.. (X-ray, spider scene, School's out, stained glass window hallway, finale)

I do wish the music could be heard better though..

^Actually Steven is in a trilogy of albums. Welcome to My Nightmare, Alice Cooper Goes to Hell and The Last Temptation. So if people really want a full Steven storyline listen to all those albums in order.

Your explanation of GOES TO HELL seems incorrect.

It is very much implied from the opening track (GO TO HELL) that Alice Cooper is the one traveling to hell and paying for his "criminal acts on the stage" as well as an assortment of other sins, not Steven. That character doesn't even appear in the album.

Edited by YourPallbearer

And wouldn't "Welcome 2 My Nightmare" be the 3rd album to listen to... i mean, since it is the sequel album to "Welcome to my Nightmare"...

which i have to say, thanks to this house, i actually enjoy the 2 "WTMN" ablums... i guess i should listen to "The Last Temptation".

• Like 2

And wouldn't "Welcome 2 My Nightmare" be the 3rd album to listen to... i mean, since it is the sequel album to "Welcome to my Nightmare"...

As much as that would make sense it felt to me that W2MN seems very disjointed as a concept album and outside of some cues from the original Nightmare doesn't feel like a full blown sequel musically or plot wise.

Then again, I gave a listen to each track only a few times on youtube. I've rarely strayed past Cooper's output after the early 80's when he began to copy metal bands like Twisted Sister. This trend began with his comeback album CONSTRICTOR, which outside of two tracks (TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN and THE MAN BEHIND THE MASK) was pretty monotonous.

which i have to say, thanks to this house, i actually enjoy the 2 "WTMN" ablums... i guess i should listen to "The Last Temptation".

Before bothering with LAST TEMPTATION I highly recommend listening to the early 70's albums (when the band was called ALICE COOPER).

LOVE IT TO DEATH

KILLER

SCHOOL'S OUT

BILLION DOLLAR BABIES

...and even the much maligned MUSCLE OF LOVE are all great albums.

His solo stuff is great to. The material Transcends a lot of genres making it accessible to just about anybody.

WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE

ALICE COOPER GOES TO HELL

LACE AND WHISKEY

FROM THE INSIDE

FLUSH THE FASHION

SPECIAL FORCES

ZIPPER CATCHES SKIN

DADA

Your explanation of GOES TO HELL seems incorrect.

It is very much implied from the opening track (GO TO HELL) that Alice Cooper is the one traveling to hell and paying for his "criminal acts on the stage" as well as an assortment of other sins, not Steven. That character doesn't even appear in the album.

Actually, in the original LP/vinyl record, a story was printed inside the album cover.. The story went like this...

"Lay still, Steven, and I'll tell you a bedtime story. I'll tell you a

bedtime story that's not for all children. It's a very special story, that

only special children will understand. It's a half aware story, and it will be

better if you close your eyes. It's a story that takes place in a dream, like

other nightmares you have known. It's a dream that Alice has dreamed. You can

dream along with him. You can follow Alice down the staircase, deep, down the

stairs to the pit where he doesn't want to go, but he has to.

If you go to sleep now, Steven, you can go down the long and endless

staircase and sing sweet songs to Alice and free him. And if you can't get to

sleep, Steven and the middle of night you get out of bed, when everything is

quiet and the trees are still and the birds are hiding from the dark, you can

lay down on your bedroom floor and press your ear tightly to the boards. If

you listen very carefully you can hear Alice searching for a way out,

forever chasing rainbows.

Sleep tight, Steven. And have a good night....."

the storyline for the album being that Alice's trip to hell was nothing more than a bedtime story being told to Steven...

Edited by horror lover
  • Like 1

I stand corrected but it isn't evident at all in the songs which follows Alice's descent into Hell, discovering it to be a disco and eventually being put on trial by the Devil.

Now that I think of it, there is a slight nod to Steven in GOES TO HELL during the DIDN'T WE MEET track.

Alice asking Satan if they had met before in his dreams ("Didn't we meet in the night in my sleep somewhere") could be an ode to "The Curator" (voiced by Vincent Price) in WTMN.

Edited by YourPallbearer

This house is defiantly one of my top three favorites. I'm not a big fan of Alice Cooper, but this doesnt stop me going though this house. To me it seems real, original, and creative. I know it's a IP house, but it seems more like a hhn original. I love that more people are enjoying this house. :D

Ill say one thing... IF they did this house in Hollywood last year already how come we didn't get that? how come we didn't get that version ? we got an inferior house

To put it simply, both Hollywood and Orlando have different creative teams. They go their own way with whatever they have, even if it's a shared IP or one used by the other event from a previous year.