HHN 22 Speculation

If I'm not mistaken the 3 year arc is for LT starting in 08 and was supposed to finish in 2010. With a LT investigation each year. But due to internal issues Uni dropped it in 09 and I assumed tried to salvage in 2010 but that flopped. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

The Gargoyle house is apparently titled "Gothic" via @HausofAlex821 on twitter.

I'll believe it when I see it on the website with a logo.

If you ask me, "GOTHIC" sounds more like a "code name" rather than an actual house title.

On top of that.... its an incredibly stupid title to name the house. If you want to go with a one word title, just call it "GARGOYLES".

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken the 3 year arc is for LT starting in 08 and was supposed to finish in 2010. With a LT investigation each year. But due to internal issues Uni dropped it in 09 and I assumed tried to salvage in 2010 but that flopped. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Wow, if that's the case I am way off...back to the history books!!

I'll believe it when I see it on the website with a logo.

If you ask me, "GOTHIC" sounds more like a "code name" rather than an actual house title.

On top of that.... its an incredibly stupid title to name the house. If you want to go with a one word title, just call it "GARGOYLES".

I actually like the name although I do agree with you that it does sound like a code name. But isn't this coming from someone who just went on an official tour of the house?

• Like 1

Thats more or less what happened.... however, LT was hinted at in 2009 during the slow site reveal. There were also minor connections to 2008. Ironically, the "movie poster" location in the theater lobby for Leave It To Cleaver had shattered glass (before the update with the houses) that resembled the Bloody Mary shattered mirror. So yes, unfortunately 2009 was forced to focus on the IPs (specifically SAW, Chucky, & Wolfman) otherwise we would've seen something "extra"....

although we did get that "shadows of the past" sz in sting alley the final weekend :unsure:

I actually like the name although I do agree with you that it does sound like a code name. But isn't this coming from someone who just went on an official tour of the house?

just because it was a tour, doesn't mean they're going to tell them the official house name before it is "announced".

Also.... another problem i have with the title being "GOTHIC" is the general public are NOT going to think "cathedral" or "gargoyles" when they see that title. Remember, they dont sit here for months investigating all there is (or lack there of) when it comes to the event. Sooo you have to dumb it down for them and naming the house "Gothic" isn't going to work...

Also.... another problem i have with the title being "GOTHIC" is the general public are NOT going to think "cathedral" or "gargoyles" when they see that title. Remember, they dont sit here for months investigating all there is (or lack there of) when it comes to the event. Sooo you have to dumb it down for them and naming the house "Gothic" isn't going to work...

Do you really think the GP is going to care what the original houses are called this year? A gargoyle house is not the main draw. They could call it "Spooky scary nightmare extreme house!" and it really wouldn't make much a difference to the GP. Not with TWD, SH, P&T, and AC there.

It's a Gothic cathedral. It makes sense. Not every house name perfectly and exactly describes the house.

• Like 1

"Spooky scary nightmare extreme house!"

It's a Gothic cathedral. It makes sense. Not every house name perfectly and exactly describes the house.

actually... a house with that title WOULD actually be more of a draw than any of the IPs.... just going to point that out right now.

Actually... yes. a House title SHOULD describe what the house is. calling it "Gothic" is way too generic and doesn't work. Also... it is VERY rare for any houses at HHN to have a singular title. There is almost ALWAYS a "the" before it or a subtitle after it.

Whoa...ok let's not freak out here. The guy probably used the hashtag #gothic because of the architecture aspects and the general atmosphere within the house. Furthermore, Gothic architecture is one of the best known and common types of architecture on the planet. The GP would get it if it were the house title...but I doubt that even IS the real title. The house name will probably something having to do with church/cathedral/things coming alive at night/rituals, etc. etc. etc. Plus...do we really think the Universal peeps would release the house names to these people who are on tours BEFORE giving the official announcements? My personal opinion is no.

actually... a house with that title WOULD actually be more of a draw than any of the IPs.... just going to point that out right now.

Actually... yes. a House title SHOULD describe what the house is. calling it "Gothic" is way too generic and doesn't work. Also... it is VERY rare for any houses at HHN to have a singular title. There is almost ALWAYS a "the" before it or a subtitle after it.

So you're telling me that if they called it The Gothic you'd feel better? If you don't count The (which really tells you nothing about the house) then just from the last couple years you have The Forsaken, The Thing, Zombiegeddon, Saw, The Spawning, The Wolfman, Creatures, Doomsday, The Hallow, etc... I guess I'm not seeing your gripe here. Creatures doesn't tell me what the house is either, as pretty much every house has a creature of some sort. And Spawning? What's spawning? Same with Hallow (although for me it still does give some imagery), having never stepped in the house. Gothic is actually much more descriptive than those.

If the word Gothic doesn't instantly start giving you imagery in your head, then I suggest you expand your horizons a bit.

• Like 4

just because it was a tour, doesn't mean they're going to tell them the official house name before it is "announced".

I agree that Gothic is a horrible name, but when UOR retweets using a hashtag for Gothic, it's time to admit defeat. Our cathedral is called Gothic, and now we must cope with this boring/awful name.

And although the GP might not automatically think cathedrawl or gargoyles from "Gothic," the house description that always comes with the full reveal will likely explain everything they need to know regarding that.

Sad, but true.

• Like 1

So you're telling me that if they called it The Gothic you'd feel better? If you don't count The (which really tells you nothing about the house) then just from the last couple years you have The Forsaken, The Thing, Zombiegeddon, Saw, The Spawning, The Wolfman, Creatures, Doomsday, The Hallow, etc... I guess I'm not seeing your gripe here. Creatures doesn't tell me what the house is either, as pretty much every house has a creature of some sort. And Spawning? What's spawning? Same with Hallow (although for me it still does give some imagery), having never stepped in the house. Gothic is actually much more descriptive than those.

I have to point out a small flaw in your examples:

1 The Thing, Saw, Doomsday and The Wolfman are movies. Their names are very distinct and descriptive.

2 Creatures! is also descriptive. You will be encountering creatures in the house.

3 Zombiegeddon is a combination of zombie and Armageddon. Once again pretty descriptive in what to expect from the house.

4 The Spawning implies that something is spawning. There is some form of creature breeding, this creature is most likely fish/amphibian/reptile like.

5 The Hallow gives the impression of Halloween. A hallow is a sacred artifact.

6 The Forsaken is also descriptive. You know you will be encountering a group that has been abandoned (usually by God) and are helpless, soulless, and lost.

Gothic is very nondescript. Depending on cultural influences and exposure it could mean a vast amount of things including a bunch of kids dressed all in black hanging out at the mall.

I hope there is more to the name. If not, it will be ok, but the name will be lackluster.

EDIT: In the initial tweet, it is GOTHIC, not Gothic. We hhners love our abrieviations. Could GOTHIC be an abrieviation?

Gargoyles Of The H I Catherdal.

I have no idea what the H and I could stand for.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

I don't know if it's just me, but I think the name "Gothic" is just a red herring, because I think they don't want to reveal house names until later tonight. Just saying.

I have to point out a small flaw in your examples:

1 The Thing, Saw, Doomsday and The Wolfman are movies. Their names are very distinct and descriptive.

2 Creatures! is also descriptive. You will be encountering creatures in the house.

3 Zombiegeddon is a combination of zombie and Armageddon. Once again pretty descriptive in what to expect from the house.

4 The Spawning implies that something is spawning. There is some form of creature breeding, this creature is most likely fish/amphibian/reptile like.

5 The Hallow gives the impression of Halloween. A hallow is a sacred artifact.

6 The Forsaken is also descriptive. You know you will be encountering a group that has been abandoned (usually by God) and are helpless, soulless, and lost.

Gothic is very nondescript. Depending on cultural influences and exposure it could mean a vast amount of things including a bunch of kids dressed all in black hanging out at the mall.

I hope there is more to the name. If not, it will be ok, but the name will be lackluster.

Well, to be fair, "Depending on cultural influences and exposure it could mean a vast amount of things" could also apply to pretty much all your examples above. And Gothic, I would argue, is best known for the architecture style amongst the GP, which appears to be exactly what they're referring to. So I'd say it's a very accurate and descriptive title.

We're all assuming though that there won't be a subtitle here. For all we know, the full title will be Gothic: Night of the Attacking Gargoyles. And if the house turns out to be full of possessed teddy bears, then I will completely agree with you that it is an awful, awful title.

• Like 1

I don't know if it's just me, but I think the name "Gothic" is just a red herring, because I think they don't want to reveal house names until later tonight. Just saying.

That's what I'm thinking...

It's hysterical to me that everyone is getting their panties in a twist over a simple word being tweeted...if the guy would've tweeted #hotdog...would everyone think the house was about hotdogs or the name of it was such?

Come on gang, in a few short hours the answers will be revealed....no need to freak out over word.

And on that note...#smallclowncar

• Like 4

We're all assuming though that there won't be a subtitle here. For all we know, the full title will be Gothic: Night of the Attacking Gargoyles. And if the house turns out to be full of possessed teddy bears, then I will completely agree with you that it is an awful, awful title.

I think I may be the only person in the world that finds the idea of possessed teddy bears, living in a Gothic cathedral a truly great idea. Lol. As a matter of fact hmm.....

• Like 2