HHN 22 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

I really liked that everything was all new last year. I wouldn't mind a few franchise this year (Catacombs, Havoc.. heck ST IV :) )

I just think there should at least be a year between repeats.

I wasn't big on Havoc, except for the energy the house had. But i'm all for a Catacombs sequel.

• Like 1

I would DEFINITELY love an HP Lovecraft house. I'm a huge fan of his work and I would even love it if HHN focused a house on just one of his stories (At the Mountains of Madness, Shadow Over Innsmouth, Call of Cthulhu, ect). But it would also be cool if they did the house like they did with Nevermore, as in going through different stories in each room. I think it would be awesome to see something relating to Rats in the Walls, The Outsider, or Pickman's Model. :D

I do think that, although nevermore was awesome and they should do something like that again, I don't see them doing it this year I wish they would with another author but I have to say, and I know I'm swinging for the stands here but I really want a shining house the more I think about it lol...however we all know something apocalyptic will be going on and I can see another catacombs maybe with like a mayan twist you know sacrificial chambers and stuff, that would be awesome

Edited by FreeGrizzlyBearRides
  • Like 1

I do think that, although nevermore was awesome and they should do something like that again, I don't see them doing it this year I wish they would with another author but I have to say, and I know I'm swinging for the stands here but I really want a shining house the more I think about it lol...however we all know something apocalyptic will be going on and I can see another catacombs maybe with like a mayan twist you know sacrificial chambers and stuff, that would be awesome

It would be so awesome to be going through mayan chambers! Sounds very intense, but I am not sure about the Shining there would be a lot of show scenes.

It would be so awesome to be going through mayan chambers! Sounds very intense, but I am not sure about the Shining there would be a lot of show scenes.

I actually think that the Shining could be done pretty well. Entrance/Lobby leads to the Ballroom/Bar, the infamous Twins Hallway, RM 237, another quick Hallway segment after Jack goes cuckoo (Nice shot of the typewriter somewhere), quick run through the Torrance room with the whole Redrum on the door and boom frozen hedge maze finale (complete with frozen Jack Torrance(s) everywhere).

This screams HHN facade too.

ShiningHotel2.jpg

Movement in strange lands... Dark rumblings indeed. However, there are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.

Hey guys, long time! Making my way back to the forums I read over this (above).

JWFearman kinda dismissed it since it did come out of left field but I think it merits a second look. Someone else mentioned Robert Louis Stevenson. After checking I realized they meant that this was a quote of something Stevenson once said (the last part anyways).

I follows the literary quoting we've come to know from others who have provided hints in the past. Also, "dark rumbings" sounds like the whispsers of rumors to me.

Just throwing it out there. This may be our first hint of the season.

... And Robert Louis Stevenson wrote Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Two people... 22... two parks. I thought quite a bit about that little blurb :)

I agree about the dark rumblings too. Meaning it sounds like rumors floating around about two parks.

In fact, it inspired me to do a concept sketch

I want this as a house. The concept could be some sort of cyberspace nightmare or virtual reality gone awry. Heck, I could even see this as a high-tech sequel to Esqueleto Muerte. Throw in some animatronics and other tech with what they're doing here, and the potential scares are huge.

You could even overlay multiple configurations on the same actor and have transformations in real-time in front of your eyes. Like from a normal person to monstrous creature, maybe because of a computer virus corrupting the system or something. So many possibilities with this tech...

Edited by boogeyman13

I want this as a house. The concept could be some sort of cyberspace nightmare or virtual reality gone awry. Heck, I could even see this as a high-tech sequel to Esqueleto Muerte. Throw in some animatronics and other tech with what they're doing here, and the potential scares are huge.

You could even overlay multiple configurations on the same actor and have transformations in real-time in front of your eyes. Like from a normal person to monstrous creature, maybe because of a computer virus corrupting the system or something. So many possibilities with this tech...

That video is awesome, but I agree we should have some tech/space themed house.

Just tripped balls.

As far as I know, the event hasn't had anything like that before, so it would be something completely new. I could easily see it being one of the most memorable houses. The scare actors could get right up in your face, and you wouldn't even know it until they switched on. Or put them on those bungee cords or other lines and you could get them flying around without seeing how they're being held up. You could even mix it with some black light and florescent paint to create a really textured, visual house. It could be so good...

Isn't that just a slight update of the In-Between? Does no one else think that?

It's kind of the same thing they do every year for the 3d house, the inbetween was personally the only 3d one I liked but even that wasn't jaw dropping, in theory its the same house with a different story, nothing really new but characters, I personally could go without a 3d flourescent lit house, I want them to throw me a curveball and just do everything different because when I think about it last year everyone on this site saw a lot of the things coming, and isn't that kind of a buzz kill? I mean not to be that guy but I like the suspense to, I hate knowing that I'm gonna go and the two houses in the back are usually not that great and to top my night off in the soundstages because those are the houses they put more effort into, I want to be wowed all around I know you can't win em all but somethings gotta be different, the two park thing I hope will do it for me this year

Isn't that just a slight update of the In-Between? Does no one else think that?

It's kind of the same thing they do every year for the 3d house, the inbetween was personally the only 3d one I liked but even that wasn't jaw dropping, in theory its the same house with a different story, nothing really new but characters

Well, I wasn't at last year's event, so I can't really speak to the potential similarities between houses. And obviously this isn't even speculation, but just wishful thinking. But I feel there's more to this than just being another 3-D black light house, for two reasons:

1) This wouldn't need to be a 3-D house.

2) This isn't black light. These are el wire suits, and as such allow a greater area of movement because they aren't dependent on an external light source to light up. In addition, they are programmable, which enables multiple set-ups and colors on the same costume to effectively change the entire look real-time in front of an audience, or even allow animation on the costume. And not just the characters, but the scenery could change too as you move through the house.

The performance isn't great, but here's a sample of these concepts in action. It has a good sample starting at about the 4:10 mark.

Like I said, this is all just wishful thinking, and something like this may never even see the light of day at HHN. But if you want something different, this is a potential way to go. It's a far cry from the usual asylum, crypt, graveyard, or other abandoned building that a lot of haunts utilize.

It also has the potential to allow for greater interactivity and variety, especially if it were combined with some of the other really neat technology that's emerging out there, like the tech they use to make those movable, light up graphics on shirts. Wire up an el suit, maybe with some LED lights, and make a mask that resembles a video screen that lights up and has a flickering monstrous face on it that could even change between a couple of expressions, and you've got a great techno-terror to pop into a cyber-themed house. And I doubt it would be that expensive to put together.

Edited by boogeyman13

I don't know anything about the technology personally, but to do it at a level that Horror Nights would require sounds ridiculously expensive with a payoff that could be achieved in a much cheaper way.

With the 3D projections and using of this tech in a house. That would set HHN to a whole new level. Not that it is not already. Also another tech that they used back in the Hallow was just simple a projection of Bloody Mary. Simple trick I'm sure, but it threw me off. I would love to see them use that again in a house.

Not sure if you guys follow the Haunt Industry but Transworld Haunt Con just happen a few weeks ago. Looks of good stuff that could be used in houses.

This would be awesome to have instead of those carnival type games.

That first video is cool I would love to see any of that used. I know the fly type effect was used in Hollywood last year with The Thing house. Had the hand type things projected on some doors.

I not big on animatronics though. Unless it a simple distraction of some thrashing monster. I mean if it has the fluid motion like the XS robot that was used in Alien Encounter then it works otherwise they just look really fake.

The suit dance is cool but I see that more as a show and actually I think I would really enjoy a show like that.

You know, reading through forums and such has got me wondering. We saw last year that they've started playing with the idea of evolving SZ's. What if they did do two icons this year, but only had it one park, and have it shift from one to the other as the night progressed? Or, maybe even as the event itself got closer to Halloween?

They could start the night/event off with one icon being in control, and then have the sz's, etc... shift and mutate into alternate versions, so that at the end they were under control of the second icon? That way, you could still have the event in one park, still play with the whole duality aspect, and build on what was done before. And if the zones weren't shifted too drastically (maybe just some smaller costume changes, color shifts, music changes, etc...), then the costs wouldn't be too much more. And if done over the span of the season, you may even be able to pull in repeat business from people wanting to see the changes.

Throw in a show about the war between the icons, and you have an event that I don't think we've seen before.

• Like 1

You know, reading through forums and such has got me wondering. We saw last year that they've started playing with the idea of evolving SZ's. What if they did do two icons this year, but only had it one park, and have it shift from one to the other as the night progressed? Or, maybe even as the event itself got closer to Halloween?

They could start the night/event off with one icon being in control, and then have the sz's, etc... shift and mutate into alternate versions, so that at the end they were under control of the second icon? That way, you could still have the event in one park, still play with the whole duality aspect, and build on what was done before. And if the zones weren't shifted too drastically (maybe just some smaller costume changes, color shifts, music changes, etc...), then the costs wouldn't be too much more. And if done over the span of the season, you may even be able to pull in repeat business from people wanting to see the changes.

Throw in a show about the war between the icons, and you have an event that I don't think we've seen before.

That sounds like an awesome idea! And I don't think it would be that hard to do either. In a scare zone, you can have certain characters roam around and scare people. Then, a few hours later, other characters would come in and "battle" with the other characters. The last few hours of the night would be spent with the new characters. That would be really cool, seeing as how they had a changing SZ with 7 last year. And I could also see them doing that for every SZ for a year. :D

I believe that idea was a success and thus we will be seeing it again. Now if we could have a house that changes. That's something else that would be awesome.

The 3d projectors also could be used inside a soundstage too right? hmmm let's the mind wonder a bit.

What I'd like to see is a parade for whoever the Icon is for Halloween Horror Nights XXII. Very similar to how the Death Drums show would roll through the whole park during HHN XXI, and even had cloaked cult members following it.

It WOULDN'T be one of the two shows really, just have a parade for the Icon roam through the park a few times a night. I'd like to see it done BIG though. Have the crowd clearers be in costume, for the sake of the parade. Have trumpeters lead the way, with cult members, barkers announcing the icon and heckling the crowd, and various minions of the icon parade around, and RIGHT in the middle have the icon on a float calling all the shots! Maybe even have the icon get a theme song that would play during the parade.

Here's just a break down of my ideas:

1. Parade for the icon

2. Trumpeters leading the way

3. Ring Masters/Barkers announcing the icon

4. Minions

5. The icon on a float

6. Possible theme song

I think it would give the icon some MAJOR attention, and could be a first ever roaming scare zone? Or just have the parade march forward, and not interact with the crowd. Regardless, a parade would be fantastic!

What I'd like to see is a parade for whoever the Icon is for Halloween Horror Nights XXII. Very similar to how the Death Drums show would roll through the whole park during HHN XXI, and even had cloaked cult members following it.

It WOULDN'T be one of the two shows really, just have a parade for the Icon roam through the park a few times a night. I'd like to see it done BIG though. Have the crowd clearers be in costume, for the sake of the parade. Have trumpeters lead the way, with cult members, barkers announcing the icon and heckling the crowd, and various minions of the icon parade around, and RIGHT in the middle have the icon on a float calling all the shots! Maybe even have the icon get a theme song that would play during the parade.

Here's just a break down of my ideas:

1. Parade for the icon

2. Trumpeters leading the way

3. Ring Masters/Barkers announcing the icon

4. Minions

5. The icon on a float

6. Possible theme song

I think it would give the icon some MAJOR attention, and could be a first ever roaming scare zone? Or just have the parade march forward, and not interact with the crowd. Regardless, a parade would be fantastic!

I actually kinda like this the only thing is that if they do another Death Drums type show this year it would be kinda hectic in my opinion to have 2 roaming floats go around HHN even if they are not at the same time. It would probably interfere to much with everything else thats going on. Universal most likely will just do a scarezone for the Icon like they did with Fear Revealed at HHN XX and Your Luck Has Run Out for HHN 21... Edited by HORRORLANDO