HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

Silent Hill won't be on the Terror Tram:

@HorrorNights Is silent hill gonna be any part of the terror tram? But not necessarily the main icon of the tram.

@horrorfan01 No it won't

Something else was intended for the Mummy queue:

@HorrorNights How did you decide to put SH in mummy queue? Does anything relating to the theme or scenes affect your decision?

@Arsik22 No something else was planned there originally, just felt it would work for the property

It was no surprise it would be hard to fit it anywhere in the backlot except the city sets.

and that kinda confirms the whole TCM getting knocked off due to the remake getting push back to next year

eQB1y.jpg

during the last session of the magic 8ball is asked the following...

@HorrorNights is there gonna be an RV in one of the mazes?

@djevilclown my reply is no

so that sounds like no RV for us....

unless it is the TT i should of asked that too damnit!

I just realized something thanks to the pictures Wesker posted from Orlando, remember Murdy is a self proclaimed "Carny" and over the past few years we learned he desserves his title, Clown asked if there will be a RV "IN" the maze and murdy anserwed no, look at the picture the RV's not IN the maze.

• Like 2

Yeah kinda early in the season. It broke down or something I think? I just remember it wasn't in season 2 for very long.

^this is not true at all. They had the RV with them the entire time in Season 2. It was on the farm with them. They lost the RV in the fire at the end of the season when the zombies invaded the farm.

I just wanted to revisit this post since Silent Hill, in fact, turned out not to be Dante. Our speculation should be lead from here since Stitch was onto something!

Oops haha... I've been lost in research so much stuff is blending together. Thanks for correction, I fixed it in my post :-)

So now my thought on Maze 3

Maze 3 - So I started here by looking up possible links between Silent Hill and the clues provided. I see where some aspects fit:

Cotton candy smell - amusement park featured in sequel

Florence Nightingale - Silent Hill Nurses

Silent Hill's homage and inspiration drawn from Dante's Inferno

I also found out that the Silent Hill sequel coming out this fall is produced by Lionsgate (Open house is the US distributor) which could fit DTH's observation that Lionsgate has had a property featured every year for the last few years.

But I also came across some thing that make me believe that the maze is in fact not a Silent Hill themed haunt.

First we know it is inspired by Dante's Inferno. Throughout Inferno, as well as the Divine Comedy itself, the seven deadly sins are a stand out theme.

We also know dutch painter Hieronymus Bosch is an influence of the maze as well. One of his more famous paintings is "The Seven Deadly Sins and the Four Last Thing." We know that Dante and Inferno won't be in the name of the maze, but the letter D will be, so it could be possible it could be called Deadly Sin's for example.

Now to get to the items that John said he googled while designing the maze:

motivational art - Sloth (laziness, lack of motivation)

Liposuction - Pride (vanity in the way one looks)

Las Vegas Buffet - Gluttony (I think this one explains itself) and could also have a tie with greed... Why specify a Las Vegas buffet? And what US city personifies greed more then Las Vegas?

Florence Nightingale - Lust (Florence Nightingale effect or syndrome is when a person in a caregiving capacity like a doctor or nurse falls in love with or becomes sexually infatuated with someone they are caring for)

Vargas Girl - Envy ( Vargas was famous for pin up girls, women who were the male idea of the perfect woman)

Animal Hoarding - Greed (again, I think rather self explanatory)

Now my only bump with this line of reasoning is the Franklin Expedition. The remaining sin is wrath, and I'm not sure how the Franklin Expedition would refer to wrath.

Now lastly we have the scent of cotton candy. While cotton candy is usually associated with amusement parks or circus's, in reality it could be used in MANY different ways in a maze. Possibly featured in a scene of Gluttony (which would probably ruin my appetite for cotton candy for the rest of my life) or, if this is a semi original maze could be used in any number of scene's John can think up.

Now I know it's also been said that this is based on an existing artistic creation. That could mean a movie, a tv show, a video game, a book, a song, or even a painting. The seven deadly sins have had a big impact on culture and artistic creation for hundreds of years, so take your pick of one that the maze could be based on.

So in conclusion, while there is some evidence to suggest Silent Hill, I think the evidence is far more strongly in favor of a "Seven Deadly Sins" maze. That's what I'm putting my money on.

^this is not true at all. They had the RV with them the entire time in Season 2. It was on the farm with them. They lost the RV in the fire at the end of the season when the zombies invaded the farm.

alright then I just forgot thats all lol then maybe the maze can be based on the prison for season 3

I remember after that 7 deadly sins post someone mentioned that the Franklin Explorers were found to have resorted to Cannibalism or "wrath". May be a stretch, at least that one, but the 7 deadly sins seems like a viable option that we should look into some more.

^Seven Deadly Sins could relate to Alice Cooper's album DragonTown which is based on hell. That's an existing artistic creation.

I see how the album would work as a maze, but don't quite see how it relates to the seven deadly sins... Is it just because the album has to do with Hell?

^My guess would be it is a twist of Dragontown and the Seven Deadly Sins because the album doesn't quite have a story like WTMN does, maybe it's an original story by Murdy to tie in to Alice Cooper's Dragontown. That's my guess for how that would work, if it is AC.

He said nothing about 2010. He said a 2011 property would be coming. And then he made slight indication one from 2012 wouldn't. But there was never mention of 2010. SHEEEEESH I guess that what happens when we all play telephone! Reminds me of this... LMAO:

[media=]

Edited by DTH316