HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

Insidious or La Llonora returnining is mine.

It's Clint Eastwood and Burt Reynolds. Those are the two who were fired on the same day. Let's work together on this.

I know Burt Reynolds auditioned for Rosemary's Baby, was that maybe the inspiration for another recent horror film?

Also, he was in Deliverance. Does that reference anything?

Eastwood's carreer spans back to f----ing Creature from the Black Lagoon. He's got alot.

ALso, do either of these two have horror influence in their personal lives?

Any thoughts?

Both Eastwood and Reynolds worked to together on City Heat, which was filmed on the New York Street Backlot at Universal. The only other major release on 12/7/84 was 2010, Roy Schnieder was in 2010 and, yes, Jaws, another Universal film. So.......I got nuthin'.

I don't know of this movie matches the codenamed, because I haven't seen the original only the remake, but does the hills have eyes match any of the codenamed? I know it involves a vehicle bigger than a car, and it's the only iconic horror movie I can think of that can be featured.

^Texas....TEXAS! I think you may be on to something there. Oilers from Huston Texas. Maybe it's TCM?

I doubt it with TCM reboot being pushed to 2013

It sounds like Murdy will be having scares where actors will come out of the floor. Someone on twitter asked if there will be any floor or ceiling scares and here's how he replied:

:D :D :D

Thats something new can't wait to see this!!!

and thanks JWFearman for the list so from what I can piece togather

-Klowns is confirmed for a 3rd, in a way im kinda glad its always a fun SZ, plus every girl I know is afraid of clowns so always a good time.

-Freakz has finaly retired (unless the carnival themed maze is Freakz)

-once again no sliders.

-we have a new Terror Tram path.

-a maze has a carnival theme.

-No excorcist. no surprise.

-a character in one of the maze is blind.

-no Aliens, everythings grounded on earth this year.

-at least one maze is based on a 2011 property

-we may get more shows this year.

-Alice is back no doubts about it now -__-

-no Freddy, jason, or Myers.

-Walking Dead is a bigger possibilty :D .

-Like I said a hundered times the smiths song was suffer little chidlren and based on the history of the song, long for a movie with a child murder *cough cough Trick r Treat.

-Insidiouse is not a maze. no surprise.

-no scream or saw.

-no movie from 2010

-no characters in the mazes have wings (sorry for whoever wanted a Jeepers Creepers maze.)

Without overthinking all the 8-ball clues, here is my "rough draft" guesses for this years event:

• Insidious (second highest grossing horror film of 2011-$50 million)
  • Hannibal Lector Maze (blind character from one of the films, Classic Cowboy-Buffalo Bill, upcoming fall TV show)
  • Trick R Treat inspired maze (pit being dug in WWW arena for school bus scene?)
  • Combination/Dual Alice Cooper/La Llorona repeat maze (alternately in WWW area due to having pits dug?)
  • The Walking Dead maze in conjunction with Orlando
  • Universal special "100 Years of Horror" in HOH
  • Other possible original maze or related "new territory/franchise" Murdy may have referred to in one of his tweets.

These are more or less "safe guesses" for this year. I have several other speculative thoughts that would probably fit outside of the box for HHN, but its getting the time of year where I just look forward to the event, regardless of the properties.

Edited by AsylumSB

^freaks could be an interesting maze, it was highly praised its first two years, and it's technically an artistic creation. Btw, I don't know if anyone noticed but when murdy was asked about movies like insidious, scream, evil dead, etc he flat out said no, but when someone mentioned the walking dead, he would say reply hazy try again kinda dodging the question. so I'm guessing, defiantly a walking dead maze this year

Murdy updated hints tonight thanks to the Kings VIctory (Go Kings!)

We can confirm that "Suffer LIttle Children" is the Smiths song for Maze #1, which we already knew.

But his second hint:

"One more maze hint for tonight. 2 of the mazes have scenes involving amusement parks but neither of them have clowns in it?"

As cool as that sounds, its meant to throw us off. One of those mazes at least is an original maze I guarantee.

Can anyone think of any movies that have amusement parks? I know of Zombieland, but I remember certain skepticism in the past.

How about any Alice Cooper tracks based in an amusement park?

Or, i saw some of you talking about a "Freakz" original maze. A Freak show is a form of "amusement park".

Food for thought..

John Murdy confirmed that insidious won't be coming

When did he do that?

Edited by DireBrian

Since Halloween Horror Nights has expanded their franchises to popular artists/directors/etc, I would venture outside of the norm and guess one of attractions is a KISS original maze. They did make KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park (filmed at Magic Mountain) as well as the Psycho Circus album.

...or maybe there should be a thread devoted to "Horror-able" maze speculation! :P

Did a quick search on horror flicks at amusement parks:

Zombieland (already mentioned, and I wouldn't be surprised)

Final Destination 3 (... no wayyyy... could it?.... noooo... but what if...)

Lost Boys (Vamps are in these days but this doesn't have much awareness and it was more comedy based)

Dark Ride (ZERO awareness)

Silent Hill (Video game, soooo.... who knows)

Left 4 Dead (Again, a video game... but again with zombies... hmmmm)

Filtered out the ones with clowns:

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Funhouse

Original is my guess. I honestly don't see any of these happening, other than Silent Hill (disappointing, for me).

Here's my take on the whole "amusement park" clue. Since two mazes will have scenes related to it, there are one of two options:

-One maze is original, and another is Silent Hill

-Both mazes are original.

I don't know about you, but doesn't an amusement park strike me as a setting Rob Zombie would like to do? I mean, one third of House of 1000 Corpses (The maze) Took place in the murder ride. If there was going to be an original concept maze with a scene like that, I can totally see Rob Zombie do such an environment. It's a very "colorful" and zany environment which is the kind of material he likes to work on.

Now let's go back to what Murdy said. One of the mazes will be themed to a carnival. That screams an original concept to me. I don't know of any "major" horror film that takes place in a carnival. This tells me it's original. Since there will be a carnival themed maze, I'm going to assume it will go where Shrek is. The canvas tent the maze would be under would actually compliment the theme instead of distracting from it. Maybe this will be the maze Rob will design? Who knows.

Knock on wood here, but since clowns will come back in some form and there will be a carnival maze, I have to wonder if this year will have some sort of carnival theme?

@HorrorNights: Is the famous cowboy buffalo bill?

very doubtful

@HorrorNights is the Classic Cowboy from the maze with the same name, Gary Cooper?

my reply is no

@HorrorNights Does "Classic Cowboy deal with a well known serial killer clown?

My reply is no

@HorrorNights does "Classic Cowboy" point to a serial killer clown?

My sources say no

Also

1998 Clive Barker's FREAKZ- Enter the mind of Clive Barker, the genius of horror who brought you Hellraiser, as you walk and gawk through a warehouse filled with his most freakish creations.

Without overthinking all the 8-ball clues, here is my "rough draft" guesses for this years event:

• Insidious (second highest grossing horror film of 2011-$50 million)
  • Hannibal Lector Maze (blind character from one of the films, Classic Cowboy-Buffalo Bill, upcoming fall TV show)

These are more or less "safe guesses" for this year. I have several other speculative thoughts that would probably fit outside of the box for HHN, but its getting the time of year where I just look forward to the event, regardless of the properties.

Murdy already denied Insidouse for the millionth time, and Buffalo Bill was already said not to be the famouse cowboy, even though he only shares name with the character from silence of the lamb.

"One more maze hint for tonight. 2 of the mazes have scenes involving amusement parks but neither of them have clowns in it?"

How about any Alice Cooper tracks based in an amusement park?

Or, i saw some of you talking about a "Freakz" original maze. A Freak show is a form of "amusement park".

I think those are the two most likely situations

btw IDK who said it but the SZ Freakz which we had for the last 3 years that is rumored for a full fledge maze has nothing to do with Clive Barker's Maze freakz or the movie "Freaks" just fyi

Did a quick search on horror flicks at amusement parks:

Zombieland (already mentioned, and I wouldn't be surprised)

Final Destination 3 (... no wayyyy... could it?.... noooo... but what if...)

Lost Boys (Vamps are in these days but this doesn't have much awareness and it was more comedy based)

Dark Ride (ZERO awareness)

Silent Hill (Video game, soooo.... who knows)

Left 4 Dead (Again, a video game... but again with zombies... hmmmm)

Filtered out the ones with clowns:

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Funhouse

Original is my guess. I honestly don't see any of these happening, other than Silent Hill (disappointing, for me).

Child's Play 3 had an amusement park-esque part near the end lol

I'm with Freak, I'm pretty sure the carnival/theme park mazes are original.

If it's that rumored Freakz/Klownz crossbreed, I'm all for it and I would be VERY excited.

Remember that Murdy said there are no clowns in either of the mazes that contain the amusement park scenes.

^that would be really cool. They could even have the ringmaster as the icon

Eh, I'm kind of done with the Klownz characters. I would so be up for Jack returning, though.

Trick R Treat Halloween festival doesn't really count as an amusement park. Were there even carnival rides in the background?

And yes... because a maze based off Child's Play 3 is what we need in 2012.... - _ - lol

Remember that with the introduction of original content to HHNH from 2011, it's no longer exclusively just a "movie event". ;)

Murdy already denied Insidouse for the millionth time, and Buffalo Bill was already said not to be the famouse cowboy, even though he only shares name with the character from silence of the lamb.

Just speculation, Master Grindhouse. I think I only saw 965,183 denials, so there is a chance! :hanibal: ! Real life prevents me from scanning every Kibble and Bit and have seen only a smattering of information regarding the property. Actually have not seen the movie yet....just basing it on the 2011 box office success alone.

I'm gonna sound crazy but I'm gonna bring it up again...

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY

If not Insidious, that's the only extremely successful horror film from 2011 that I can think of. Don't Be Afraid of the Dark isn't doable and neither is Final Destination (which oddly enough has a movie in a theme park and a movie came out in '11).