What happens when it *RAINS* ?

I didn't manage to go to the event the past two days, but I don't live far and it started POOOURRING rain here both nights.... So I'm wondering: what happens when the rain gets really really bad like that? Does everything get shut down? Judging from the pictures I've seen there's a lot of makeup effects and whatnot that wouldn't really do so well in the rain . . . And then I personally think the houses are dangerous enough to walk through without wet floors... Do they shut everything down, or just some things, or do they just let it all go on as normal?

Or maybe give scareactors umbrellas? ... But, like, really CREEEEEPPPYYYY umbrellas?

I didn't manage to go to the event the past two days, but I don't live far and it started POOOURRING rain here both nights.... So I'm wondering: what happens when the rain gets really really bad like that? Does everything get shut down? Judging from the pictures I've seen there's a lot of makeup effects and whatnot that wouldn't really do so well in the rain . . . And then I personally think the houses are dangerous enough to walk through without wet floors... Do they shut everything down, or just some things, or do they just let it all go on as normal?

Or maybe give scareactors umbrellas? ... But, like, really CREEEEEPPPYYYY umbrellas?

The only thing they shut down is the streets, no scareactors are out in the streets. After the rain stops, they do not allow the stilt walkers out in wet streets so they are "grounded". I did hear on Friday they shut down Bill and Ted show because it was raining so hard the stage was flooding.

the houses close for a little bit, well saws and steam was closed and the guy told me all houses closed,

i dont know how scarezones work but, they were not there when i pass by, they definitely don't let it go as normal, it was raining really bad, I would suggest people took a poncho or a small umbrella if going to HHN, there were so many people that were soaked, head to toe, i get sick if it rains on me, really bad. the rain carries stuff around,

so yeah, bring some kind of coat,

No only Saws closed because the Jaws Que can be flooded(which it did Friday) but the other 7 houses were open and all the rides that isn't Rockit (if lightning appeared) so people can still be in line during the rain and they could enter.

All scarezones are empty out but the effects like the Acid Assault projection is still on. Just no scareactors roaming around.

Edited by CinemaOfTheDead

No only Saws closed because the Jaws Que can be flooded(which it did Friday) but the other 7 houses were open and all the rides that isn't Rockit (if lightning appeared) so people can still be in line during the rain and they could enter.

All scarezones are empty out but the effects like the Acid Assault projection is still on. Just no scareactors roaming around.

Yep, I went through Nightingales at least when it was pouring rain outside and did the Mummy, so that was at least open. And Holidays of Horror was opened while it was still raining a little bit Friday. So if you brave the rain you can do a lot of things while people are waiting it out inside.

Poncho was easier to stow and and probably couldn't be construed as a weapon.

I literally was three people away from going in S&S when it shut down. I was happy to have a poncho as everyone got soaked for the next 45 min. Although the lightning was kind of scary... I've been hit once so probably wouldn't happen again though :)

Still the most disturbing part was the lack of communication between the ops people, between themselves, and with the guest. They told us it was shut down but gave no indication of the length... or why. Instead they brought security and a police office to intimidate us. The poor ops girl standing in the front of the line was taking the barrage of angry/drunk responses with no info while being completely soaking wet.

40 mins into the whole incident (and after the rain had pretty much subsided) the original woman who called the code 3 or (whatever it was) came back and we finally got info... Oh and then they offered people bags after everything they had was ruined. 5 minutes later the house recommenced.

And here is your PSA for the day: Bring an umbrella/keep an umbrella in your car and pay attention to the weather.

or if you have those small personal umbrellas, it doesn't hurt to have one with you in your backpack (that's what i did, along with having my rain suit which i originallly thought was going to be a raincoat :blink:). and now everyone knows, because knowing is half of the horror.

yeah they told me every house was closed, They LIED TO ME :angry:

and wow the sky was Freaking Beautiful Saturday afternoon, Wow, the sky was kind of dark and purple, a lot of clouds moving, looked so cool. and then all this lighting everywhere it was crazy, It was scary but really cool

A poncho is the easiest thing to carry and, if there is wind, it works better than the umbrella since the wind will get you wet, some ponchos can even be carried in your pocket if they are new in the bag, I had one that could fit in my back pocket, cost me 1 dollar at the dollar store, it could really come in handy

or bring a personal umbrella, I bring a big coat and an umbrella just in case,

We were there for both the downpours this weekend. Had ponchos, but especially Friday it just rained so hard they didn't work all that well. I had heard about the SnS closing down on Friday due to rain from a friend who was in line, but I don't know about the rest of the houses on Friday as we went into Finnegan's and had a couple drinks while we waited it out. During the rain on Saturday we went through Forsaken, The In-Between and Poe and the lines were very short. Especially in Forsaken, we were pretty much by ourselves and it was one of my best house trips of the weekend. It definitely cleared out the lines some, so bring a poncho or small umbrella and enjoy the short line waits/emptyish houses as long as it doesn't look like you're in danger of lightning.

7246?

When it rains at HHN, I usually will take shelter in a store and wait it out. I hate getting soaked, and ponchos just cost way too much. That's if I'm lucky enough to not be in a long line...if I'm in a long line, then I'm pretty much screwed, and I'll wait it out, and enjoy a nice cold walk through the house once I finally get in.

I would think some of the houses would absolutely have to shut down - I've almost slipped and fallen on the floors in there when it's dry! Even worse when it's wet - back in 08 (Scary Tales) when the Tin Man sprayed my girlfriend I stepped in the water (.....or, yknow, oil) and tripped and slid right into her.

Double scare for her - LUCKY - but for me it was just like "wow this must be really dangerous in the torrential rain."

I heard about the Friendly Steampunk house getting closed down, but that's because there's a part of the house that makes use of water, right?

I'm just trying to figure out if I should just go on a day where there's little-to-no chance of rain since I have the FFP . . . what do you all think (since it seems like most of you were there this weekend during the storm) ? Was it horrible-miserable-I-Wanna-Go-Home time?

I would think some of the houses would absolutely have to shut down - I've almost slipped and fallen on the floors in there when it's dry! Even worse when it's wet - back in 08 (Scary Tales) when the Tin Man sprayed my girlfriend I stepped in the water (.....or, yknow, oil) and tripped and slid right into her.

Double scare for her - LUCKY - but for me it was just like "wow this must be really dangerous in the torrential rain."

I heard about the Friendly Steampunk house getting closed down, but that's because there's a part of the house that makes use of water, right?

I'm just trying to figure out if I should just go on a day where there's little-to-no chance of rain since I have the FFP . . . what do you all think (since it seems like most of you were there this weekend during the storm) ? Was it horrible-miserable-I-Wanna-Go-Home time?

about SnS being shut down on friday, that's true. As for planning for a good day, it's quite possible. As for friday's storm, i knew from experience what a rainstorm in a theme park was, so i didn't retreat at all, and instead soldiered on through the night (especially since this friday and the next one, i won't be going due to family reasons).

if you have some kind of protection the park can be awesome,

specially before it rains, dont know if you read my post before but, the sky Saturday looked insane awesome, huge dark clouds moving, lighting everywhere

then when it rains no, it doesnt feel i wanna go home time, again, if you have a poncho of something, is actually pretty cool,

I was one of the unlucky ones that got stuck in the rain while waiting in line for S&S. like people said the Staff didn't know anything besides it's shut down. My brother and I figured it's Florida so it will be over in 10 mins, didn't let up for 30 -45 mins later. that is when you make friends when people around you that have a umbrella . the Sky Sat night was Awesome looking! going tomorrow , so I will check the weather channel. if there is any chance getting a raincoat

hwFsk.png

looks like we might need our raincoats again...

No. No at that. No. And one more time, No.

That's what I like to call "the typed-up non-rain non-dance" ....

Really though I shall be upsetted if it rains tonight (Thurs) since its the first night I'm going and I melt when water touches me.

Luckily, there are .. 13 more days on the FFP schedule (I think? I could look it up but ... lazyyy) and every year I just plan to spend all of October at HHN.

Seriously. The giant calendar that lives on my desk just has H H N written across the entire month of October.

I'm going to add an asterisk and put "Also, no rain" at the bottom of the page (which does include today, even though I'm only pretending it's October).

Yep, that oughta do it! Howsaboutit for a rain-free night of Awesome at HHN?!

Thank me later! :)

No. No at that. No. And one more time, No.

That's what I like to call "the typed-up non-rain non-dance" ....

Really though I shall be upsetted if it rains tonight (Thurs) since its the first night I'm going and I melt when water touches me.

Luckily, there are .. 13 more days on the FFP schedule (I think? I could look it up but ... lazyyy) and every year I just plan to spend all of October at HHN.

Seriously. The giant calendar that lives on my desk just has H H N written across the entire month of October.

I'm going to add an asterisk and put "Also, no rain" at the bottom of the page (which does include today, even though I'm only pretending it's October).

Yep, that oughta do it! Howsaboutit for a rain-free night of Awesome at HHN?!

Thank me later! :)

hahahahaha looks like your non rain non dance worked!

not a drop, thank god, it was such a good day too,

there were a lot of big clouds and a lot of insane lighting, again it looked amazing, and scary, but nope, no rain,

If it rains you can do one of three things:

1. Man up, get wet and wait for the rain to subside, then continue to have fun.

2. Leave for fear of getting wet, only to have the rain stop once you are in your car leaving the parking garage.

3. Stay and complain about being wet all night long, ruining the experience for everyone around you.

From past experience, ponchos are great, but when it's raining terrentially...all the poncho wonderfulness in the world ain't gonna keep you wet. Find someplace covered and wait it out. Fortunately, most people apparently melt in the rain and leave the park, so once a storm does pass, you've got less lines to wait in and a less crowded event to enjoy... :)