HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

Okay... I think it's time for a cold, harsh reality check in terms of Trick 'r Treat:

1) They WOULDN'T use something for soley just the Terror Tram. That goes for ANYTHING, not JUST TrT. Whatever property it was, the film wouldn't be represented well enough by it. This is why it's always a Universal property or something that already has a maze. Studios want to see their property get their due or otherwise, it's pointless to give out the rights and pointless for Universal to buy them. Universal isn't going to spend money on something if they don't need to. TrT is so obscure, they might as well use an original creation for the TrT instead of spending money on an obscure film only 3% of the population would know about.

2) Terror Tram is the most popular attraction at HHN. They're not going to stick their most obscure film on it.

3) IF TrT WERE to come, they wouldn't also give it a scarezone; JUST a maze. Once again, it's too obscure to ALSO get a scarezone as well.

4) NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT TRICK R TREAT FOR IT TO BE A MAZE. Murdy has said this himself.

You guys are living in dream land, it's time to come down to reality and think about this event on a real level. I wish it would happen too; I wish business didn't run the way it did and I wish the GP were a bit more savvy when it came to horror films but this is the TRUTH.

Summing everything up that a lot of you guys have been speculating:

Can TrT be a maze? Possibly.

Can TrT be a maze AND also have a scarezone? No.

Can TrT be the Terror Tram? No.

Can TrT be the Terror Tram AND have a scarezone? Definitely not.

Can TrT be included in some fashion at the event and not have a maze, just be a apart of the TT and maybe characters in a scarezone? NO. That doesn't even make the slightest of sense. It would if it's a Universal property but alas, it's not.

It's time to start speculating on things other than TrT.

If it comes, I'll jump in flippin joy but right now, you're all wasting the brain power you could be using to figure out the other mazes with these empty hopes, wishes and dreams of TrT coming this year when clearly it can not!

So I just got the movies that have been talked about that i haven't seen or don't really remember to much about.. I'm gonna watch them over the week or so and see if any follow the clues given... Can someone put all the clues together so I can have them right in front of me while I watch

Hey guys, I'm not arguing one way or the other, but I don't think you realize Trick R Treat's audience. Also here is something nobody seems to have mentioned: Fearnet is having a 24 marathon of Trick R Treat for Halloween this year and has partner with director Mike Doughtry and exec producer Bryan Singer on a series of short films (commercials) featuring Sam. Oh, and Fearnet is owned by a partnership of Lionsgate Sony... and Comcast/NBC Universal. Happy haunting.

Again, I don't want to sound harsh, but I'm going to resonate what DTH here. I am about 97% certain we're not going to get Trick r Treat this year for these reasons:

1) Let's look at the codenames. Remember when GV Black was first brought up in February how the first thing we guessed was "Trick r Treat?" Well now that we know that GV Black is the thing, that leaves us with Trivia, 3DN, Steven, Bunny Gibbons, and Soap Opera. First of all, Murdy has already said that one of those mazes will be the House of Horrors overlay, which would most presumptously be Trivia (Remember, the maze got that code name from the name of the maze having been brought up in a previous Twitter Trivia contest. That could be anything. That's pretty much all we were given on that). 3DN is apparently going to be Hostel since 3DN stands for "3 Dog Night", they did a song called "Eli's Coming", and the fact that Eli Roth is judging the short film contest this year. It's not Soap Opera either since we know there will be scenes involving a forest and a tomb, and that it will probably take place in the UK. It could be Army of Darkness or Wolfman. Bunny Gibbons, we already know, is HoTC. That leaves the only possibility to Steven. I am almost certain that TrT won't be Steven since all of the other potential properties I just mentioned only have a "cult-following" status. They need some icon that would be familiar to the masses and that could be advertised effectively for its successful background....like Scream? Put yourself in corporate's shiny black shoes for a few seconds here. "Hmmm, let's see. Obscure property only a handful of people have heard about or the second highest-grossing horror franchise ever? Man, that's a tough choice."

2) When we talked to John Murdy the other day, someone in our group brought up TrT. He agreed that it had the environment but he also said something like, "TrT is gaining a following...". It doesn't mean anything specific, but judging by his tone, it didn't sound like it was planned for this year.

3) Like what DTH said, why waste money on buying out a property that's not very well-known when they're better off just having an original concept maze? That's how the GP would see it anyway.

And I'm just saying that it seems odd to trash those who want to theorize on TrT but not even mention the bizarre guesses that are being floated around. Jeepers Creepers? Hellraiser? I'm just saying that the fact that TrT is on Murdy's radar and his acknowledgment of the fan base should point out that it is not as obscure as you say it is. Muddy hasn't even seen Insidious (he claims), but has seen TrT and thought it would be pretty cool. Also, like I said, NBC Universal's Fearnet is actively promoting the film (and has been since March) and even funding the shorts. I'm not saying TrT will definitely be there, I'm saying that completely writing it off and ripping the people who think it may show is strange.

Also remember when murdyy said one maze will have its on SZ. I got this from someone on the thiong thread and did not realize that. Based on DTH316's list the only maze/scarezone combo that makes sense to me is TRT. I can't see just a Ghostface maze or a Wolf man scare zone... I mean... I know Pigz were all one character... but I doubt he's going that route with a "icon" character... although it could make sense with scream since there are like a billion ghostfaces. I suppose it could be The Thing... but based on it's location that is usually a MAJOR scare zone... for example Klownz and La Lorena were the major scare zones,... but La Lorena was VERY small so I can't see the thing going in there. I also don't see the Thing going into where Klownz was... because thats usually the big scarezone with stiltwalkers or a "ring master" of sorts... so I can't see it there. I will also predict the maze base scarezone will be based on the maze in the building in the lower lot or the JP que... similar to Pigz with saw. Evil Dead could potentially have a scare zone... but even that I think is a bit of a stretch because I feel like most people feel like it was a zombie scarezone and not realize the characters were possessed. This reason leads me to believe that TRT will be the maze with a scarezone. It has a variety of characters and a cool ambiance and it works well for both a maze and a scarezone and for some reason I see it in JP que. I feel like Scream would have been announced first... it just makes sense to me cause that would be the "icon" and it feels instead like the thing is the big property, so I am beginning to very much doubt Scream... I just don't see it.

I'd like to throw a tidbit into this. The lower level scare zone usually pertains to the lower level maze

And... the lower level scare zone / maze usually has some very recognizable music score / theme which plays throughout the area amidst the fog and lights.

And, since one maze this year will have a scare zone as well,

(using past examples) what movies would have a very recognizable score/theme?

Scream... does not.

Saw definitely did.

TCM totally did as well.

any ideas come to mind?

And I'm just saying that it seems odd to trash those who want to theorize on TrT but not even mention the bizarre guesses that are being floated around. Jeepers Creepers? Hellraiser? I'm just saying that the fact that TrT is on Murdy's radar and his acknowledgment of the fan base should point out that it is not as obscure as you say it is. Muddy hasn't even seen Insidious (he claims), but has seen TrT and thought it would be pretty cool. Also, like I said, NBC Universal's Fearnet is actively promoting the film (and has been since March) and even funding the shorts. I'm not saying TrT will definitely be there, I'm saying that completely writing it off and ripping the people who think it may show is strange.

I missed the part about NBC promoting TrT. I guess that would better the chances of it coming, but for the reasons I have just mentioned, I have doubts about it coming.

Hellraiser, as much as I would love it translated into a maze, I don't foresee that happening this year either. Murdy himself said that Hellraiser needs another movie to come out (The DTV sequel isn't going to cut it) before they even use that. I coulde see it come in 2012 or even 13 depending when the reboot comes out.

As for Jeepers, I would also love to see a JC maze, but the new sequel isn't coming out until 2013 at the earliest; not to mention a TV series (Right?). I think it's safe to rule out Jeepers for this year.

By the way, I apologize if I sounded like I was trashing/putting people down about Trick r Treat. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a TrT maze or even a theme for the event as much as the member next to me would, but I don't want you all to be crushed if we find out TrT isn't coming. Trust me, I've been there last year with the Wolfman and it blows...especially when it was sacrificed for the sake of repeats. I don't hate the idea of a TrT theme/maze by any means, I'm just resonating with DTH on why it's not likely this year so that we won't be absolutely bent on it coming this year, only to be crushed. If TrT is announced, I'll be VERY happy but if not, I won't be surprised and I won't be very sad either.

We've talked all of these pages about the mazes, what about the Terror Tram? Not much to work on except Zombie possibly working on the TT. What do you think the theme could be if Rob takes over the TT?

what movies would have a very recognizable score/theme?

Scream... does not.

Saw definitely did.

TCM totally did as well.

any ideas come to mind?

Hostel?

^ I'm glad someone else is realizing TrT ain't happening this year.

Also, after the announcement of The Thing, I don't think Wolfman has a fighting chance either. That'd be two Universal properties being used. If it weren't for the clues that sound ALOT like it, I'd say it has no chance in hell but right now, I'm saying it's chances are 50/50. Also note, The Wolfman WAS mentioned in the Variety article. So idk... idk...

I'll third that dont see TRT this year.

So quick little story. Today I was in Best Buy and I walked by the Apple computer section in the store. As I walked by I had a lightbulb go off in my head. I walked over to the computers and brought up Hollywood's Halloween Horror Nights website on every computer and walked away hahaha(: pictures below VVV

http://twitpic.com/5tbp9b

http://twitpic.com/5tbp8k

But back on to speculation!

I think the way that Freak was with Wolfman last year is how I am with Trick R' Treat this year sadly....I want trick r' treat more than anything! Even more than Chucky!

I finally got "The Thing" recorded so i'll be watching that tomorrow, along with Insidious (again) and FINALLY The Strangers!

As for HOTC coming back...I've honestly been expecting it the moment I stepped foot in that maze last year...It was highly anticipated and highly praised by the end of the event.

I guess we cant really know what else is coming for sure until the rest of the Press Releases are released, im just glad we are getting info ALOT quicker than last year.

Not saying this for anything specifically, but I thought I would remind everyone. We have to remember that there are things that john can't say or admit. Things that could give anything away or make things obvious. Especially with all of this speculation. Havnt you ever noticed that with questions that dont matter he will flat out say yes or no? But with more serious questions he doesn't.answer flat out. I'm just saying that just because john says something doesn't mean that any hints or speculations should be ruled out. Just keep this in mind when speculating.

ok see this is what you guys are forgetting..Trick or Treat was on the Short list for one....apparently the GP/hhn fans showed recognition if it ended up there over the" second grose horror film of all time"...wait was scream even on the survey i forgot 0.o Anyways im NOT giving up hope. Also hhnh86987 made a good point. Thats cool that you and your group were discussing TrT with Murdy freak but his tone of voice has nothing to do with the uncertainty of TrT. He said it himself it has the enviroments...do you really think murdy would give something as so away so easily? Like hhnh86897 said theres certain things murdy cant say on or admit to. Now if TrT doesnt show up this year than hey theres always another year i wont be crushed just rather a little disappointed. Murdy gives out a flat out yes or no answer and he has yet to completely deny TrT yet. Jymmymack im glad youve done your research. i didnt even know NBC UNIVERSAL themselves would be running a marathon to promote the film. And we cant forget how on the TrT fan page they were asking if it would be a good maze or not...those are all clues that we still have a 50/50 chance. And wait one second so you guys are saying that TrT wont come because of no one knowing about it and its small fanbase but lets look at MBV...you can NOT tell me that MBV had a huge fanbase at all...because 1) it was just released that year and 2) not that many people knew about it either so obviously thats not a huge factor in the dismissal of TrT. i for one believe TrT has the potential to be a good maze..it has the enviroments, a villian etc. to fit the criteria. As of Scream i love to see a maze but to tell you the truth ghosttface doesnt scare me what so ever...not cause of scary movie but the regular movies in general. I always viewed him as the "clumpsiest masked killer" now that i think of it lol. Yea sure if a halloween maze could work so would scream but heres the diffrence..michael myers is SCARY AS HELL and as of scream...well wouldnt anyone be a little frightened by a masked lunitac with a kinfe? Its like this if you were trapped and a hallway and ghostface was coming from the left and michael from the right which way would you go ?? i know damn well i would sprint in ghostface direction. Ghostface is more of a comedy horror....kinda like chucky it has its sense of humor ill tell you that. It still be cool to experiment with a Scream Maze none the less. Quite honestly if it gets a maze..assuming in the shrek venue thats all well be getting of it. A SZ wouldnt work and the TT has its own icon so i can see ghostface being used on the cup for mere publicity to draw in the crowds since hes well know...probably from Scary Movie 1 for most for people who have yet to see the scream series.

Edited by HorrorNights93

Murdy was just asked what the theme will be this year."it's not one thing, multiple things." Hmmm. Me wonders if he's bs-ING (we will have major icon, with sub icons on the same PR) or if this is true and we will be willy nilly, slap the maze pics together on one PR and be done with it.

Oh, this is so much fun. I love when there's lots to talk about. I was gone for like... 5 hours and there's so much to respond to.

These debates are why I love this site.

Hey guys, I'm not arguing one way or the other, but I don't think you realize Trick R Treat's audience. Also here is something nobody seems to have mentioned: Fearnet is having a 24 marathon of Trick R Treat for Halloween this year and has partner with director Mike Doughtry and exec producer Bryan Singer on a series of short films (commercials) featuring Sam. Oh, and Fearnet is owned by a partnership of Lionsgate Sony... and Comcast/NBC Universal. Happy haunting.

This is great news. GP doesn't watch fearnet though. In fact, Murdy has stated that the GP they get don't even WATCH horror movies which is exactly WHY they have to pick super popular icons. But as you can see, this is a move for 1) the fans 2) to advertise this little known movie. Nobody is gonna sit down and watch TrT 12 times. They're hoping people turn to the channel and watch it all the way through so it can be advertised. It's almost the opposite of what they do for Christmas on TBS with the Christmas Story. Lots of people have seen it, they want newer generations to see it as well but main case in point is that a lot of people find it to be a Christmas staple and look forward to being able to turn to that channel and watch it at any given time... oh, and all the employees at TBS get a day off. I'm sure what Fearnet is doing is trying to make TrT a staple as well but obviously, a 24 hour marathon of a movie is 31+ days too late of the beginning of HHN for it to be advertised for THAT event. The two ideas, I'm sure, are NOT directly related despite who owns the channel.

2) When we talked to John Murdy the other day, someone in our group brought up TrT. He agreed that it had the environment but he also said something like, "TrT is gaining a following...". It doesn't mean anything specific, but judging by his tone, it didn't sound like it was planned for this year.

As Freak mentioned as to what Murdy said, everyone think carefully about those words. As a big wig exec who runs a theme park, are you going to choose a movie gaining a following or a movie that HAS one?

First things first, NOBODY IS TRASHING ANYBODY. This is a peaceful debate and there is no negative connotations toward anybody. As said before, I'd love TrT to come as well. And I'm not calling anyone "stupid" or anything for wanting it. I just wanna make that CLEAR.

And we've already covered Jeepers Creepers and Hellraiser. The main folk of us who have been on this board for quite some time know damn well those aren't happening. It's a lot of the new kids on the block throwing those around (just being honest). But for those of us who have been following and discussing this thing every day know Murdy has already flat out said "no" to Hellraiser and Jeepers Creepers doesn't at all seem promising for this year.

And Murdy is a horror FANATIC like a lot of us, so ofcourse he's going to know about it. It's not like he's some bumbling idiot trying to make money. He truly LOVES his job and what he does by creating BELOVED horror films into mazes.

And Fearnet simply just isn't a big enough platform to promote something to the masses for a crowd like HHN. People of ALL types go to HHN. Only horror lovers watch Fearnet. If they are TRYING to push it so people know about it come Halloween time, great but heed my warning... there's going to be THOUSANDS of confused people this September and October. And the maze will probably get a bad rap because a lot of what those idiots want is something they recognize. And honestly, I can't blame them because going to HHN, the GP EXPECT to be transferred into the movies. Especially the movies they know and love, or the movies they heard of and have been scared of since they were a kid.

And... the lower level scare zone / maze usually has some very recognizable music score / theme which plays throughout the area amidst the fog and lights.

And, since one maze this year will have a scare zone as well,

(using past examples) what movies would have a very recognizable score/theme?

Scream... does not.

I just wanna say that Scream DOES have a recognizable score and theme. In fact, it has quite a few. It has it's usual thriller theme. Sidney's theme (the one that sounds like choir). And ofcourse, "Red Right Hand." Are they as popular as Saw, F13 or NOES? No but it's about as popular as TCM's score, for sure. I can imagine any of those themes playing either walking into the park or walking around the lower lot.

So quick little story. Today I was in Best Buy and I walked by the Apple computer section in the store. As I walked by I had a lightbulb go off in my head. I walked over to the computers and brought up Hollywood's Halloween Horror Nights website on every computer and walked away hahaha(: pictures below VVV

http://twitpic.com/5tbp9b

http://twitpic.com/5tbp8k

But back on to speculation!

I think the way that Freak was with Wolfman last year is how I am with Trick R' Treat this year sadly....I want trick r' treat more than anything! Even more than Chucky!

I finally got "The Thing" recorded so i'll be watching that tomorrow, along with Insidious (again) and FINALLY The Strangers!

As for HOTC coming back...I've honestly been expecting it the moment I stepped foot in that maze last year...It was highly anticipated and highly praised by the end of the event.

I guess we cant really know what else is coming for sure until the rest of the Press Releases are released, im just glad we are getting info ALOT quicker than last year.

LeeRay, I'd hire you to be my little PR girl any second. Good work at some guerrilla advertising haha.

I hope you'll enjoy the Thing. Admittedly, it's a BIT slow but when it kicks up, it sure as hell goes INSANE. The Strangers is okay...

And same here. I had a feeling HOTC would return as well. I was hoping against it, since I wasn't the maze's biggest fan but oh well. I'd love to give it another shot this year.

Not saying this for anything specifically, but I thought I would remind everyone. We have to remember that there are things that john can't say or admit. Things that could give anything away or make things obvious. Especially with all of this speculation. Havnt you ever noticed that with questions that dont matter he will flat out say yes or no? But with more serious questions he doesn't.answer flat out. I'm just saying that just because john says something doesn't mean that any hints or speculations should be ruled out. Just keep this in mind when speculating.

You ALSO have to remember that if John straight up said NO to other things and second guessed the others, the second guesses would be a dead giveaway. Notice he also doesn't straight out deny Saw, F13, NOES or any of the big movies either? It's simply because he can't because anything with a fighting chance (TrT DOES have a chance but SMALL chances) or a following has to be left open. Mainly because things can change at any time and also because he doesn't want to disappoint anyone right away so they hate the event before it's announced. It's like this... you're told TrT isn't coming this year and somehow, someway, you lose interest in the event OR he announces all the mazes, says sorry TrT isn't coming this year but hey, look, Child's Play is kinda similar so maybe you'll like that and we'll see what happens next year. And also it's for the reason of "back up." If one movie falls through, he can go to another studio for another property on something he knows that could work but it's the "second choice." And he can't just say "no" to begin with and then it pop up at the event because that would make him look like a liar. So say there's 10 movies on the shortlist, one falls through and that leaves him with NINE entire back ups. Everything else he can deny because not ALL 9 of the others will fall through but those 9 he has to keep close to his heart in case he needs to run to them.

ok see this is what you guys are forgetting..Trick or Treat was on the Short list for one....apparently the GP/hhn fans showed recognition if it ended up there over the" second grose horror film of all time"...wait was scream even on the survey i forgot 0.o Anyways im NOT giving up hope.

And wait one second so you guys are saying that TrT wont come because of no one knowing about it and its small fanbase but lets look at MBV...you can NOT tell me that MBV had a huge fanbase at all...because 1) it was just released that year and 2) not that many people knew about it either so obviously thats not a huge factor in the dismissal of TrT. i for one believe TrT has the potential to be a good maze..it has the enviroments, a villian etc. to fit the criteria.

As of Scream i love to see a maze but to tell you the truth ghosttface doesnt scare me what so ever...not cause of scary movie but the regular movies in general. I always viewed him as the "clumpsiest masked killer" now that i think of it lol. Yea sure if a halloween maze could work so would scream but heres the diffrence..michael myers is SCARY AS HELL and as of scream...well wouldnt anyone be a little frightened by a masked lunitac with a kinfe? Its like this if you were trapped and a hallway and ghostface was coming from the left and michael from the right which way would you go ?? i know damn well i would sprint in ghostface direction. Ghostface is more of a comedy horror....kinda like chucky it has its sense of humor ill tell you that. It still be cool to experiment with a Scream Maze none the less. Quite honestly if it gets a maze..assuming in the shrek venue thats all well be getting of it. A SZ wouldnt work and the TT has its own icon so i can see ghostface being used on the cup for mere publicity to draw in the crowds since hes well know...probably from Scary Movie 1 for most for people who have yet to see the scream series.

I said this before, how "long" was the shortlist? There were like, what, 20 properties on the survey? For all we know, the shortlist is half of them. And then The Thing wasn't even on the Survey plus HOH being a maze, and HOTC returning, that's basically 10 movies fighting over the 3 maze spots left. Generally, that'd mean TrT has 1/3 odds BUT there are many other factors against TrT as well that make it less of a safe bet, possibly more so than anything else on the "short list."

MBV DID have a fanbase. Number 1, it's a remake. Number 2, it was one of the highest grossing horror films of that year. But that's what made it a safe bet to replace The Wolfman with and a lot of that had to with they were already partnered with Lionsgate because of Saw. But hey, the first two points there made it "a safe bet" so it was done. I can tell you right now, 100 times more people saw both the original and the remake of that movie than they did TrT. TrT wasn't even released to theaters for crying out loud! If Murdy ain't gonna do Hellraiser because "none of the recent films have gone to theaters" then why would he even consider doing TrT if the franchise never even WENT there in the first place! That'd let all the Hellraisers fan down and be disappointed because it'd be a huge hypocrite move since the reason he gave those fans would be essentially bullshit.

I don't know... I won't say anymore about it. If you guys are sad, disappointed, a little let down by it not coming this year than... oh well. I won't say "I told you so" but I'm just saying this because I'm looking out for you guys and I'm concerned about your feelings lol

Edited by DTH316

I ALSO feel it's important to note that Fearnet is not directly related to NBC Universal.

True, Fearnet is made possible by Comcast, Sony Pictures and Lionsgate Pictures DIRECTLY but NBC Universal has little to nothing to do with the channel.

"Despite Comcast's acquisition of NBCUniversal in early 2011, Fearnet remains a separate entity of Comcast and 2 other owners."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fearnet

I personally feel like we have more evidence for TRT than Scream. That didn't end up on his short list and Murdy has said that scream did not have the environments... and maze "game changer" or not it has all the right stuff. Then there is the Halloween trivia Rhonda tells all the people... I do feel like the stories are parts of the trivia as there are 4 rules of Halloween... those to me count. There is also the fact that this maze is gaining a following like it or not... it has quite a few reviews on netflix instant, there have been facebook pages, and it seems like the movie is only gaining in popularity. And Freak... I respect you... but none of the scarezones you posted have a chance. Remember Shaun of the Dead? Those were all characters from Shaun of the Dead... specific characters. If a sz is based on a specific property it will have specific characters... they can't throw in the fireflys or what not.

SZ characters... based on info

HOTC: Have a hard time buying this as a scarezone seeing where it was last year and that it's returning.

ED: This ones a maybe... a few specific characters.... but I can't see this as I feel like it will feel like a generic zombie scare zone if this is done.

Scream: A just ghostface scarezxone? BORING

The Thing: Could happen... but as you saw before I had my reasons why it probably wont

Wolfman: One "villain."

TRT: A variety of characters including Sam as well as the "short bus kids" and the werewolf women... offering a variety of characters while maintaining a specific theme and ambiance.

Heres one last piece of evidence. Murdy said he's trying to mix the varieties of horror about and that is awesome.

Wolfman=Creature Horror

ED: Zombie/Possesed horror... I feel like the GP will treat this as a "zombie maze"

The Thing: Syfy horror

HOTC: ? Idk what to classify this as

Hostel: Slasher horror... torture porn

Scream: Slasher Horror

TRT: Ambiance based character driven horror.

With all the repeats in the past Scream feel to me a lot like Freddy or Jason... different sets but similar maze and killing styles... he's got a knife or something. Then Hostel is gonna be like Saw... so they need something here to distinguish the event and although the thing will do that it seems like the other's minus ED feel relatively similar. Fans want a new maze with new effects and characters... something different from the girl screaming "No don't let him get me" and then boom the killer pops out of the closet. This will force a new kind of horror and a different sort of feel.

Lastly how important is "brand recognition?" HHN is a continuously and frankly Knott's as well as Florida's event rarely rely on films... in fact it surprises me they are using the thing... these are both HUGE events based on fanbase. Sure, brand recognition is important to an extent... but uni has done a good job so far and after the repeat backlash they got last year it seems in there best interest to turn the tables and give fans an entirely new event. Let the debate continue!

Perhaps "trash" was the wrong word, but it was the only word I could use at the time. I post on a lot of forums and don't particularly like when one person says, "stop talking about BLANK, because I don't agree with it." We are here to talk, are we not? Personally, I don't think TrT is coming, but I also don't think Scream is coming either. Of the two, TrT definitely has a better variety of scare opportunities/locations. I also don't think it has as tiny of a following as everyone thinks. However, it doesn't matter, as I don't think either are coming. But you will never find me telling anyone to "stop talking about Scream, or stop talking about Evil Dead, or stop talking about Wolfman." One maze has been announced.Five remain (four when you factor in HOTC). This is a speculation forum. Speculate.

First off the shortlist was cut down to TWO properties..one being Trick or Treat and the other being Evil Dead...i think 0.o So im not sure were you got the other twenty from unless your referring to the ones that were in the running. I agree with you ghost. Murdy said Scream didnt have the enviroments and whether you disagree with him or agree thats already showing that in Murdys mind Scream doesnt have possibly the most important part..ENVIROMENTS...to make a maze. Doesnt mean that lets say ghostface takes over the TT perphaps. Oh yea i took it upon myself to ask Murdy myself so i wont seem rather "disappointed"

@HorrorNights Murdy do we have a slight chance of getting a Trick or Treat maze or is there no hope for its appearance in the event ??

@hhn09 I will say Michael and I have gotten to know each other. Very cool guy. He knows I'm a big fan/supporter of his film.

Now we know for a FACT if trick or Treat has no chances he would flat out said NO! And if your gonna try and tell me otherwise dont waste your time that would be foolish. So even though Murdys opinion on what mazes he favorites out isnt a huge factor the fact hes a "bigfan/supporter of his film" shows me he has at least maybe looked in to a possiblity of it. And like jymmymack said this is a speculation forum so allow us to continue to SPECULATE on it. You have really no valid info showing Trick or Treat is NOT COMING THIS YEAR FOR SURE! Your mostly going by assumptions. The last real hellraiser film came out in 2005 so i wouldnt blame murdy for trying to let a new one come out to give it a more fresh look.Therefore Murdys reply shows it can still be in the running. And like jymmymack said im also not just gonna shoot down anyones theory on a maze. All the PR's arent out yet so i really have no rights to.

I love our debates too lol this is fun :D

Lemme just say that I never said "stop talking about TrT." I said stop hoping for it. Big differences. I'd love to talk about TrT all day but it's chances are slim to none. Those aren't good chances when compared to other properties that lots of people know and love. And Scream has a much bigger fan base, is ranked 1 2 AND 3 on the all time slasher list (I don't know where part 4 is lmao) and has been requested way more than TrT. Frankly, at that point in time, it doesn't matter what Murdy thinks about the environments. If the execs say DO IT BECAUSE THAT'LL BRING PEOPLE IN then he's gonna do it so he can make the event grow bigger so in the future he CAN do stuff like TrT without worrying if GP will come because they're already fans. And it truly does have a small following in COMPARISON to other horror films. And is ESPECIALLY small to the GENERAL POPULATION. Think of it like this... 75% of horror fans will know what TrT is... 1% of the GP will. Mostly horror fans DON'T attend the event, GP does. Murdy knows this. Based on just horror fans alone, I'm sure we would've got TrT LAST year, most definitely this year. But it's not about that... and it's not about pleasing the fans either. If it were about pleasing the fans, we would've got Wolfman already.

And no, HorrorNights93... the short list WASN'T two movies. That doesn't even make sense haha. That would mean one or the other is coming. If that were case, that'd give TrT BETTER odds but Evil Dead has way more fans, has been around since the 70s (technically), has a successful musical behind it, a comic book series, has 3 movies in it's franchises and about 4 video games based off of it (if we're including Atari). TrT is more current though so that ups it's odds against it but it still falls short. Nonetheless, it's a moot point because the short list isn't just the two movies. A short list is a list of properties that were chosen out of the properties on the survey, which is at least less than half. The survey, which we talked about at the beginning of this year (you can go back and find it) had about 20 - 25 properties on it, which would mean the short list could possibly be about 10 properties.

And as we already established and what we've been TRYING to say is that TrT DOES have chances just nowhere NEAR as good enough chances as most of the other franchises being thrown around. And as already said, since TrT is part of the short list so he CAN'T say no. But his way of saying he's good friends with a man and appreciates his film is a nice way of saying "thanks, but no thanks." That's just proper manners talking and ofcourse, not being able to digress as to what has better chances on the shortlist and showing that their is hope for the film so hopefully it can remain in the running for upcoming years.

And no, the last Hellraiser film was released THIS year. Hellraiser movies are released all the time, in fact, just nobody cares too much about them because uh... it went direct to video... ya know, kinda like Trick 'r Treat?

Now, ALL speculation IS assumptions. Ofcourse I have no proof TrT is coming or not. But speculation is based upon facts or GOOD theories, or at least that's what GOOD speculation is that'll lead us in the right direction. And fact of the matter is, TrT has HORRIBLE odds. It has a CHANCE but it's VERY small when it comes to fans of franchises such as Scream, Evil Dead, or even The Thing. And the Thing is a fairly popular movie from both the 50s, 80s and with a current movie on the way and you can just go to the FB boards to see how many true idiots in the world who don't even appreciate THAT movie. There's more people requesting Freddy, Jason and Leatherface return than there are people asking for TrT. I hate it too and I want TrT just as badly but speculation at this point SHOWS that TrT isn't coming this year.

Release another TrT, even if just DTV and I'll say it has better chances. But as of right now, it's only had a GOOD year to let people gain a following for it.

2009, it was finally released. From 2009 - 2010, hardly anyone knew about it other than most horror fans. Now, from 2010 - 11, it's gaining a better following but still nothing HUGE but it's on the cusp of getting there. On the rate it's going by 2012, Halloween time, it could very well be with the greats but since it WAS a DTV film, less people will give it a chance and in fact, it's following could very well slow down at any moment. HOPEFULLY Fearnet's tactics work and it gets more people to notice it's greatness. And HOPEFULLY a sequel comes out and even more hopefully, it gets a theatrical release so 2012 or even 2013 can be the year of TrT.

Now I'm not getting all of this out of thin air. This is going on what Murdy has said is the criteria for a maze to be chosen. 1) Track record. 2) Environments. 3) Icon. The most important out of those is a track record, something TrT just doesn't have. Without the track record, those environments go everybody's heads. And the icon becomes a mystery. And as wild as TrT is, without people knowing it, it's story won't make sense to anyone. "So wtf is going on here... there's vampires, werewolves, zombies and a kid with a bag over his head? This makes no sense..."

This reminds me a whole lot of that year people were wanting a maze on The Collector...

Edited by DTH316

Hey man, I wasn't trying to start anything. Just calling it as I see it."It's time to start speculating on things other than TrT." To me, that translates as "stop talking about TrT." I personally would rather hear about other things than the merits of TrT, but people have their opinions and have some sort of theories to back it up, who am I to tell them to stop talking?

Wait Hobbz aren't you a scareactor? sorry if I am mistaken.

LeeRay, I'd hire you to be my little PR girl any second. Good work at some guerrilla advertising haha.

I hope you'll enjoy the Thing. Admittedly, it's a BIT slow but when it kicks up, it sure as hell goes INSANE. The Strangers is okay...

And same here. I had a feeling HOTC would return as well. I was hoping against it, since I wasn't the maze's biggest fan but oh well. I'd love to give it another shot this year.

haha thanks :P And yeahh so do I, and as for the strangers, I've heard it's pretty creepy and it was only like $8 so I bought it lol.

Edited by LeeRay

Last I checked, Hobbz is a scareactor! (don't know about this year though)

However, he's just teasing us. NOT VERY NICE, HOBBZ!

... $8 is expensive for that movie lol

You should've went to Blockbuster or something and found it 5 for $20!

Edited by DTH316

Last I checked, Hobbz is a scareactor! (don't know about this year though)

However, he's just teasing us. NOT VERY NICE, HOBBZ!

... $8 is expensive for that movie lol

You should've went to Blockbuster or something and found it 5 for $20!

Are you sure he's teasing us?? lol he probably is but I hope not...

I know Trick r' Treat doesnt have GREAT chances of it coming this year but im not gonna give up all hope yet but Im gonna keep it in my mind that the chances are very small just so that when it doesnt come im not completely heartbroken, lol.

And I dont have blockbuster here...Closest one is like an hour away I think?

Edited by LeeRay