HHN 19 Speculation

Mark M.

The four items - Dracula, Frankenstein, Silver Screams, and Fangoria are all listed as "supporting content", this has been assumed to mean they are houses. BUT, just below them are Bill & Ted, RHPS, and "SCAREZONES+CHARACATERS+ROCKIT" (sic) all listed as "supporting content" as well. So we really don't know for certain that Fangoria was meant as a house, or merely as the Fangoria Radio broadcast as has been done for a couple of years. Obviously the chart does not purport to show all the houses, and may have been designed before everything was finalized. We have repeadedly heard from various sources that there were some disagreements on what exactly to present this year. This is further underlined by the notation connected to the "presenting character" The Usher: "How will the Usher be used?", which indicates that such a decision had not yet been finalized at the time the chart was drafted. It remains possible that although this document is probably genuine, the Usher concept may have since been abandoned, modified, or even re-worked into another concept (like the Director or Jack).

That being said, what exactly did you see Rob?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did get a message a few days back stating that Usher was going to be used as Icon, But there is some re thinking going on about it.

As for Jack, I do believe we will see him this year, in one form or another. As I stated before he has been the best for marketing. We all need to remember that us die hard fans make up a very small percentage of overall guests that attend so Like him or not I think Jack will be around for a while.

What I would like to see before any wedding is a bachelor party for Jack! Not very likely, I'm sure - but it would be one Hell of a party!

I did get a message a few days back stating that Usher was going to be used as Icon, But there is some re thinking going on about it.

As for Jack, I do believe we will see him this year, in one form or another. As I stated before he has been the best for marketing. We all need to remember that us die hard fans make up a very small percentage of overall guests that attend so Like him or not I think Jack will be around for a while.

If the Cirque De Freak house is true, Jack would make sense. I was hoping for the Usher. Maybe both will happen. Personally, if they are going to re-use an icon, I'd rather it be the Director. But, Jack still is and always will be AWESOME!

Hey boils and ghouls,

Thought that it would be fun start a scare zone speculation thread so speculate here on what you think might make a good (or bad) movie based scarezone for HHN19; Ripped From The Silver Screen.

My pick for a good one; 28 Days Later

I'm interested to see what everyone has for ideas.

Cheers!!!

F.U.B.A.R.

About those hands behind the glass, those are used by A&D so much. Just look at that hhn archive that was on the site before this teaser. It was there too. It was even on the original archive.

Now about that supposed face that is seen behind the glass, we shouldn't look for things like that like we did last year. I am, however, very excited about this year. My faith in A&D has been renewed :D

Okay, so I'm very far behind on the times... LOVE the new update, Art Deco is my world (I'm just sayin')

Has it been considered that Fangoria could be a show and not a house? Heck, Silver Screams could be a show and not a house... (I really missed having an Icon show last year...)

I know its been said but... The leaked picture of the Usher does indeed feature the same font as the RFTSS logo, so the Usher may very well be legit.

And while its been mentioned that the Director may be sorely missed this year, what if he is in fact the icon this year, with the Usher serving simply as an additional marketing tool, in fact, the Usher could very well be some sort of obsessed fanatic for the Director, trying desperately to follow in his footsteps (with the results of his fandom to be revealed over the course of the event)

I'm very iffy about Cirque du Freak as well, isn't that a teen book series? I read the first three back in like sixth grade. I don't really remember much, but it wasn't exactly frightening. Although I did hear something about a movie coming out next year, and there are photos out there, so it is legit (as a film, not as a house, necessarily).

What happened to Army of Darkness??? And eight houses?

Sorry, I couldn't resist... :P

Edited by the follower

Okay, so I'm very far behind on the times... LOVE the new update, Art Deco is my world (I'm just sayin')

Has it been considered that Fangoria could be a show and not a house? Heck, Silver Screams could be a show and not a house... (I really missed having an Icon show last year...)

I know its been said but... The leaked picture of the Usher does indeed feature the same font as the RFTSS logo, so the Usher may very well be legit.

And while its been mentioned that the Director may be sorely missed this year, what if he is in fact the icon this year, with the Usher serving simply as an additional marketing tool, in fact, the Usher could very well be some sort of obsessed fanatic for the Director, trying desperately to follow in his footsteps (with the results of his fandom to be revealed over the course of the event)

I'm very iffy about Cirque du Freak as well, isn't that a teen book series? I read the first three back in like sixth grade. I don't really remember much, but it wasn't exactly frightening. Although I did hear something about a movie coming out next year, and there are photos out there, so it is legit (as a film, not as a house, necessarily).

What happened to Army of Darkness??? And eight houses?

Sorry, I couldn't resist... :P

I would love to see your speculation about the Director and the Usher come true and I wouldn't doubt for a second that any of those could be shows. They could have changed some houses however. We have no idea how old this list could be. I heard the list months ago and some people heard it months before I did, so some things could have changed since then. I doubt we will go to 7 houses. It has been said that A&D said they would never lower the number of houses.

I'm new to this site, so go easy on me please but, where is the leaked picture of the Usher?

its a couple of pages back

Don't worry your safe here :)

PS: We have a Search tool at the top of the Page that can be used to find certain posts on the site

Edited by Quiksilver

the thing that i love most about this forum lol.... not getting your head chewed off all the time lol. But anyways i would love to see the director make a come back because when i first went to HHN it was in 06 so i got to go in All Nite DrIvE In Take 2 and i loved the feeling of being in the movies and the whole director concept and i agree with the follower i think if the usher is used, it will a marketing tool. But if the usher does make a appearance then i think it would be the usher ushering you into the decrepid theatre with the now playing posters where you are taken into the theatre and into the film room to meet the Director then through spliced together scenes from movies and the final scene could be the actual theatre with like bodies littered in the chairs with a film of the director playing on the screen and the usher blinding you with his flashlight. I'm thinking a cool strobe effect with the silver screen projection. Well thats my idea lol.

You know, I don't care about the whole Jack being used a lot thing. He'll bring back a "good times" remembrance/feeling if I see him. And that's something I love to feel.

It'd be pretty neat if they had Jack and the Usher. Either way, I'm an easy scare. HEH! C_D knows what I'm talking about. lol I scream the whole entire time. "BOO!" "AHHH!" "WHATS IN YOUR WALLET?" "AHHH!" "Guess I'm scarier than you think." "AHH!"

Edited by scarierthenuthink

Planet Terror, Quarantine, The Strangers, Army of Darkness (if it's not a house,) The Evil Dead, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Village of the Damned, Hellraiser, Salem's Lot, and The Hills Have Eyes...

All of those, I think could make for an awesome scarezone. Not sure which ones they could actually use, but all of them would be interesting, in my opinion. I actually think Army of Darkness could make a better scarezone than an actual house. Salem's Lot could be bad ass.

I was thinking about the idea that Uni could use the survey idea of Stephen King movies as scarezones this year. I think that if they did that it would work good for The Mist, Children of the Corn and now that you mention it, Salem's Lot would be cool.

On non King ideas, as CD mentioned 30 Days of Night would be cool. I could see them doing a simulated snow cover with nice bright red splotches of blood here and there. Those vamps were vicious too.

Dick, I also like the idea of a The Hills have Eyes zone too. A bunch of wild mutants would be neat.

Keep the idea coming!

F.U.B.A.R.

Planet Terror, Quarantine, The Strangers, Army of Darkness (if it's not a house,) The Evil Dead, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Village of the Damned, Hellraiser, Salem's Lot, and The Hills Have Eyes...

All of those, I think could make for an awesome scarezone. Not sure which ones they could actually use, but all of them would be interesting, in my opinion. I actually think Army of Darkness could make a better scarezone than an actual house. Salem's Lot could be bad ass.

I was thinking about the idea that Uni could use the survey idea of Stephen King movies as scarezones this year. I think that if they did that it would work good for The Mist, Children of the Corn and now that you mention it, Salem's Lot would be cool.

On non King ideas, as CD mentioned 30 Days of Night would be cool. I could see them doing a simulated snow cover with nice bright red splotches of blood here and there. Those vamps were vicious too.

Dick, I also like the idea of a The Hills have Eyes zone too. A bunch of wild mutants would be neat.

Keep the idea coming!

F.U.B.A.R.

Well, thank you! I can't believe I forgot about Children of the Corn... The Mist would be cool too, though I think Children of the Corn would be awesome!!!! If Steven King is involved then you can't forget about The Stand. I would say The Shining, but that would kind of be hard to pull off without a hotel. Maybe the snow maze at the end? Oh yeah, and IT!

I too thought, The Hills Have Eyes could be quite interesting. Not too hard to pull off either.

Let's see... A Suspiria zone could be interesting. One of the only witch movies I've seen that was actually scary. Halloween as a scare zone... Though I would have preferred a house. Maybe a Van Helsing scare zone that brings most of the horror icons together battling against Van Helsing.

Silent Hill, Resident Evil, The Sixth Sense, Signs, The Descent, and more as I think of some.

One more... Wrong Turn.

If Steven King is involved then you can't forget about The Stand. I would say The Shining, but that would kind of be hard to pull off without a hotel. Maybe the snow maze at the end? Oh yeah, and IT!

I too thought, The Hills Have Eyes could be quite interesting. Not too hard to pull off either.

Let's see... A Suspiria zone could be interesting. One of the only witch movies I've seen that was actually scary. Halloween as a scare zone... Though I would have preferred a house. Maybe a Van Helsing scare zone that brings most of the horror icons together battling against Van Helsing.

Silent Hill, Resident Evil, The Sixth Sense, Signs, The Descent, and more as I think of some.

One more... Wrong Turn.

Yeah, The Shining would best be used in a house. You need the wind corridors of the hotel to make it work. But the hedge maze would be cool outside. It still could be done in a studio though. Fake snow and all. I can hear Jake yelling "Danny!!!! I'm right behind you!!!"

I thought of The Stand and I guess they could do some stuff with plague victims and Randell Flagg. I just don't think many people would get it.

Yeah, I could see Hills Have Eyes working. Make a very deserty like rocking setting with some miner looking props (Use the knuckle grunts tunnels) and alot of big scary guys in mutant masks. Maybe a small girl playing Ruby. That would be sweet.

Suspiria is a great film no doubt. Not sure how a scarezone would work for it though. I could do without Vam Helsing, but it is a Universal flick so there could be a chance we will see that.

Silent would be great!!! The creepy siren, the out of this world monsters and that awesome music would make a pissa scarezone. Good Call!!! Resident evil could be good. Sixth Sense not so much. Sign has potential. The Descent definitely would need to be a house. You need inside sets for that and a very close setting for it to feel cavelike. Great movie though.

Wrong Turn would also work but it would basically be like Hills. Got some good ones there Dick!

F.U.B.A.R.

I would love to see a Children of the Corn Scare Zone. If they made it a big enough area where they could do a fairly good sized corn field that you walk through.

Well, the Vault is frustrating me to no end. Anyway, I posted this over there because people keep speculating that Plea Sant Vielle may correspond to the Wolfman.

Going back to the codenames for just a bit, what are all of your thoughts about "Brute"? The definition of Brute = of or relating to beasts; characteristic of an animal in quality, action, or instinct. To me, the only house that we know about that fits this code is the Wolfman. Also, I really don't see the Wolfman house going in the Disaster overflow queue. Can anyone connect another house to the Brute code?

Edited by BruinsFan

I would love to see a Children of the Corn Scare Zone. If they made it a big enough area where they could do a fairly good sized corn field that you walk through.

They attempted a cornfield in the past but the weather had a change of plans =/

Hopefully it works out the next time they try it.

Well, the Vault is frustrating me to no end. Anyway, I posted this over there because people keep speculating that Plea Sant Vielle may correspond to the Wolfman.

Going back to the codenames for just a bit, what are all of your thoughts about "Brute"? The definition of Brute = of or relating to beasts; characteristic of an animal in quality, action, or instinct. To me, the only house that we know about that fits this code is the Wolfman. Also, I really don't see the Wolfman house going in the Disaster overflow queue. Can anyone connect another house to the Brute code?

could maybe be Frankenstein??

And on top of that, we don't know the accuracy of these codename lists. Remember, these lists were made by hhn fans with a leaked list of house names and/or themes. The names/themes of the houses are the most reliable, seeing as they came straight from A&D. Don't believe everything on those theme lists however. They throw out a few fake ones to track who is leaking info.

And on top of that, we don't know the accuracy of these codename lists. Remember, these lists were made by hhn fans with a leaked list of house names and/or themes. The names/themes of the houses are the most reliable, seeing as they came straight from A&D. Don't believe everything on those theme lists however. They throw out a few fake ones to track who is leaking info.

I believe the codes came directly from the house permits, but of course that could be faked as well. I just tend to believe it.

I believe the codes came directly from the house permits, but of course that could be faked as well. I just tend to believe it.

I agree, the newest set of code names are ones from the permits. I think SAW and Wolfman should be in Sound Stages, since to me are the biggest draws. Wolfman being UNI's big movie coming out in November, and HHN could be good hype for it, and SAW being a huge franchise that UNI Paid the rights for. I'm sure they will throw a house in the JAWS queue that should be in a Sound Stage though, like last year.