HHN 19 Speculation

Mark M.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this posted on another website

Anyway. Went to the park today. Spoke to a friend of mine who works there and he told me that the SS houses were done. What they are working on now is the other ones. Saw the Disaster one and he told me it will be the movie theatre house. You start off in a weird spot tho. THe entrance is a pet shop called Willy's or some W name pet store. I managed to see inside and saw one of those things you see in a meat isle in a store.
Edited by Quiksilver
Dead Link

Disaster is not the theatre

I didn't say it was. I was just quoting a post on another forum. There is a door with "Wilson's Pet Shop" on it but the inside of the house thing looks like a deli. I wish I could post a picture to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about.

The "final dress" has not been done so the door could be one that was used for something prior and is recycled for the event.

I agree and mentioned that elsewhere but it was shot down. Some can't wrap their heads around the fact that recycled things are used for the event all the time, especially things that need to look older.

I agree and mentioned that elsewhere but it was shot down. Some can't wrap their heads around the fact that recycled things are used for the event all the time, especially things that need to look older.

For instance,

the bodies on the spears. They were used for the Terra Queen, and this year they are used for the Dracula house.

Same with the arches outside of the Hallow. Those were just reused props.

For instance,

the bodies on the spears. They were used for the Terra Queen, and this year they are used for the Dracula house.

Same with the arches outside of the Hallow. Those were just reused props.

Forgot about that. They do like to reuse props a lot. I'm wondering how they are going to execute the sewer house in a sprung tent.

Here is what SS had to say about some of the houses, not much that we haven't heard or seen.

--

Credit: Screamscape

(8/6/09) The Parade Building maze (codename: Flashlight) will indeed be themed as the haunted Universal Palace Theater and possibly use the name Silver Screams. Meanwhile the Disaster queue area (codename: Plea Sant Vielle) will indeed be given a quiet small neighborhood theme with various storefronts, and I’m betting a butcher shop may also be a big part of this. I’ve also heard that Fangoria is involved here in some fashion, possibly with the design, and the rumored name for this haunt is: Fangoria Presents: Leave It To Cleaver. Fangoria isn’t done there though, as they are also rumored to be involved with our last unknown maze in Sprung Two entitled, Fangoria Presents: The Spawning.

It's going to be interesting to see what Fangoria can bring to the table. It also makes me recall that leaked artwork with the Fangoria image on there. I just wonder how much creative control Fangoria will have. It's been quite sometime, in my opinion, that the Disaster que has held a good house. Hopefully this year will change that!!!! Leave it to Cleaver... Awesome!

On another note... I guess this also means no Army of Darkness. :(

Some more info that most of us knew about/heard.

Credit: Screamscape

(8/7/09) First off, we’ve heard a few interesting rumors about The Spawning haunt in Sprung #2. It seems that some props used for The Fly segments at the Horror Make Up show may be put to use here, though the overall theme of this area may actually be a trip down into a dark nasty sewer. Silver Screams also may be a trip through horror films “greatest hits” as we’ve heard a little something about a Phantom of the Opera section.

I’ve also got some hot tips on possible Scare Zone themes and locations. A little something called Army of Darkness is possibly set for the New York area, and I can only hope that it may have something to do with the film. A “Cirque De Freak” theme may be used near the KidsZone area.

Finally we have another confirmation about a scary movie theater Usher character to be used as the Icon for the year. I don’t know if they have made a final casting call for who gets to play the character, but it was described to me as putting a modern day extreme Emo kid in a Tower or Terror Bellhop looking outfit. As for the website, no new updates, but it seems the three haunt theme clues given so far hint at Chucky (Insane) , The Spawning (Missing) and Leave It To Cleaver (Severed).

Just some info from the City of Orlando, and the filed Permits.

Project Name: HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS B79

Case Description: B79 - Parade Building - Interior alteration for existing building for Halloween Horror Nights

(F) Issue Certificate of Compl. 08/03/2009

---

Project Name: HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHT TENT 1

Case Description: Tent 1 - Sprung One - Interior alteration for existing building for Halloween Horror Nights

---

Project Name: HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHT TENT 2

Case Description: Tent 2 - Sprung Two - Interior alteration for existing building for Halloween Horror Nights

Official HHN 2009 Text Messages begin. Received my opt in text about an hour ago, like last year it says expect 1-3 messages per week.

Got mine as well! I'm getting anxious for some more website teasers, any day now..........???

(First off, allow me to say this is all speculation and just proves to you all I have to much free time)

Therefore, the other night I was enjoying a nice burger at City walk and was talking to my future roommate and Nancy about the upcoming Halloween Horror Nights. We went over all what we know and tried to figure out how they might put on this event and how it would look. Well somehow, the usher was brought up and we sat there trying to figure out where he (or she) can fit in. I herd people got cast as an usher in the front of the park and in Silver Screams, so the signs are pointing to no icon but marketing. Therefore, we figure they will be an usher but as I have been saying all along, it will be something out of 2004. Meanwhile I had a major brain fart for a perfect icon for the event. Now before I tell you who it is allow me to take you back in time…

*hops in a Delorian*

So let us all think back to Islands of Fear (2002) and even though most of you never went or were two young to attended. The event broke new ground in terms of story telling and houses. Dr. Albert “The Caretaker” Caine story was wonderful written that it made it easy for the average person to understand. All they had to do watch the queue videos and they got it. Now if you are a true die-hard freak then you know his daughter, Cindy, were suppose to be the icon but got dropped at the last moment. So where am I going with this? Well in her back-story, you can see she had a presence all around the park (remember that). Second, the caretaker house, Screamhouse, set the standards for future HHN houses in terms of details and scares. Granted they always been detailed but not to that level. Now a days the original screamhouse is ancient in terms of detail compare to houses like Scary Tales 3. However, screamhouse was overshadowed by the caretaker but it is by far many fans favorite house.

So now fast forward to Tales of Terror (2005) and it appears to the fans we have a centralize story where everything connects. The story is so massive it takes us a few hours on the site to understand. However, we see the commercial and it features an old lady but when we go to the event, we see a busty biker chick that everybody worships. Therefore, we all had a “WTF” moment and try to understand how this old lady is part of the event. As the years went by we realize the terra queen costume nor was her bike finish in time to shoot the commercials, so are marketing team ask for help from Universal Hollywood and they came up with the storyteller. So where am I going with this? Well it was the first year they really did a centralize story but due to outside matters, as well the story being so complex, nobody could follow it.

Now fast forward one more time to Reflections of Fear (2008) and we have an icon that gets posed by a musical box left by her grandma, but also we realize (with the help of LT) the skoolhouse has a big part in the icon story. Therefore, they made the event have an icon that had a basic storyline and they made her presence felt all around the park (just like Cindy). Heck the musical box help posed Mary but it was the skoolhouse that tied everything together. They made a single prop the central point of the story. Heck in 2002 Screamhouse was the star of the event but the caretaker over shadows it of course (with good reason).

So after now writing for 20mins the icon of the event is non-other then “Silver Screams”. An icon does not need to be a person it could be a thing, I bet you some people classified the skoolhouse as an icon of the event last yr. The building itself could have been on a burial ground, or just in general a bad building where everything goes wrong.

I don't think the event itself is the icon, but I see what you are saying. The event doesn't need an icon. It can be based on the concept of creatures jumping off the silver screen and into reality.

However I have a feeling marketing might pull a "storyteller" this year.