HHN 21 Discussion

Guest HHNPicMan

I think it should be said the Rockit is absorbing a ton of people. Rockit is constantly busy during HHN. The park has a capacity limit which can't change no matter what attractions are open. Thus, we are seeing the same number of people as last year, but there appears to be less people.

The other night, I stayed in Winters Night scaring untill 12:30. The park closed at 12. By the time we changed and clocked out, it was 1AM. Rockit was still going with people at 1 in the morning. So, I think its safe to say the Rockit is absorbing alot of the crowds this year. It's really a win win situation for the people who want to go through houses all night long.

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it should be said the Rockit is absorbing a ton of people. Rockit is constantly busy during HHN. The park has a capacity limit which can't change no matter what attractions are open. Thus, we are seeing the same number of people as last year, but there appears to be less people.

The other night, I stayed in Winters Night scaring untill 12:30. The park closed at 12. By the time we changed and clocked out, it was 1AM. Rockit was still going with people at 1 in the morning. So, I think its safe to say the Rockit is absorbing alot of the crowds this year. It's really a win win situation for the people who want to go through houses all night long.

I often work at HRRR and didn't clock out until 3:40am last Friday night. It usually stays around 40-50mins every night peaking at 60-70mins.

One thing I keep noticing about the wait times. On each night of the event. It starts out slow for the first 2hrs. Then S&S, Nevermore and Kid-zone area picks up to 25-45mins for a few hours. While the Sound stages are always less than 15mins. Then in the last two hours everything drops to less than 10mins. Funny that it keeps happening that way.

What does everybody else do game plan wise?

A few observations I noticed for the planners...

Saws'n'Steam stays quiet for the first hour and a half the park is open... basically, until the first Bill & Ted.

Bloodngutz opens late, every day. Unfortunately, quite the line builds up as soon as the park opens - you're better off waiting til around 7 to try this one.

Nightingales always has a longer line than the other houses not long after opening - I recommend saving it for last. Towards the end of the night, it literally becomes a walk-on because everyone did it first.

The THING is the opposite. It's a walk-on early on but develops a lengthy line by the end of the night.

Winter's Night has a high capacity and eats people. It's near-walk on for the first two hours or so, picks up a little, and ends up being a walk-on in the last few hours.

Poe seems to be the big loser - huge, huge lines, likely due to the popularity and familiarity of the author. I'd almost recommend hitting this one before Saws'n'Steam (does this one open at 6 like Saws? If not, hit Saws, then Poe, then Bloodngutz). The fact that Bill & Ted now dumps people into Poe instead of Saws'n'Steam (facepalm) keeps lines LONG.

In-Between - never seems to develop huge lines. See Winter's Night, but add 5-10 minutes to your wait.

Forsaken - massive people eater like always (and the early merge point helps). This can really be hit at almost any time without much of a wait except on peak nights.

Suggested touring, then?

1) Saws

2) Poe (switch if Poe opens at same time)

3) In-Between

4) Bloodngutz

5) THING

6) Winter's Night

7) Forsaken

8) Nightingales (last two are interchangeable)

I'd almost recommend hitting this one before Saws'n'Steam (does this one open at 6 like Saws? If not, hit Saws, then Poe, then Bloodngutz). The fact that Bill & Ted now dumps people into Poe instead of Saws'n'Steam (facepalm) keeps lines LONG.

Both H.R. Bloodengutz and Nevermore open at 6:30.

I notice something last week when I was able to go in to the houses while it was still light outside. It makes the house overall darker (duh) The plus side it makes the house more scarier. The down side you can't see any of the details, sometimes the actors/effects and maybe a wall or two. I know for The Forsaken it made the house better. As for The In-Between it did not help.

Anybody else like the transition from light in to dark?

I hate the period when it's still out because I wear transitioning glasses and they take forever to switch from sunglasses to normal. Thus I'm blind for at least half the house and have to hold my husband's shirt so I don't walk into a wall.

I'm glad the Rockit is chewing up the crowds. I'm like the rest of you who won't wait more than 20 minutes, mainly because anything longer increases my odds of some douche lighting up next to me, because lord knows it's so polite to smoke your stink stick in a large, sardine-packed crowd where it's forbidden anyway. We have FFP+ with Express, but we save that until absolutely necessary. It always cracks me up to see people using EP when the park first opens and there's literally no wait. I view it as Darwinism. The more that do it, the less bodies that will be in front of me later, when I use mine at the time it's actually needed.

Edited by atigeg

I am wondering if anyone had the same experience we had with wait times this past Sunday? It seemed that out of the four houses we tried, the wait times were WAY off on at least three of them.

By way off, the best example I can give is for Nevermore. Wait time at the queue entrance stated 10 minutes, by the time we made our way back to the actual line it was a good 45 minutes long. The only house we got to see was H.R. Bloodengutz, the wait time at the queue entrance stated 20 minutes and we waited probably no more than 10.

Had same experience Sunday in Nevermore--said 20, was (easily) 40.

^Uni doesn't have that system since it's patented by Disney and all that junk. From my understanding, they base it off of how many people are in the line and what their current ride capacity is like. It works well on attractions, but it's definitely more art than science in the houses, since that capacity number can (and does) constantly change.

Of course, I may just be blowing smoke.

One night we were given raffle like tickets when we got in line for the THING. It was last Saturday Oct 1st. I wonder if there was a reason for the raffle tickets? They collected them when we got to the door. Maybe its to catch line jumpers?

A few observations I noticed for the planners...

Saws'n'Steam stays quiet for the first hour and a half the park is open... basically, until the first Bill & Ted.

Bloodngutz opens late, every day. Unfortunately, quite the line builds up as soon as the park opens - you're better off waiting til around 7 to try this one.

Nightingales always has a longer line than the other houses not long after opening - I recommend saving it for last. Towards the end of the night, it literally becomes a walk-on because everyone did it first.

The THING is the opposite. It's a walk-on early on but develops a lengthy line by the end of the night.

Winter's Night has a high capacity and eats people. It's near-walk on for the first two hours or so, picks up a little, and ends up being a walk-on in the last few hours.

Poe seems to be the big loser - huge, huge lines, likely due to the popularity and familiarity of the author. I'd almost recommend hitting this one before Saws'n'Steam (does this one open at 6 like Saws? If not, hit Saws, then Poe, then Bloodngutz). The fact that Bill & Ted now dumps people into Poe instead of Saws'n'Steam (facepalm) keeps lines LONG.

In-Between - never seems to develop huge lines. See Winter's Night, but add 5-10 minutes to your wait.

Forsaken - massive people eater like always (and the early merge point helps). This can really be hit at almost any time without much of a wait except on peak nights.

Suggested touring, then?

1) Saws

2) Poe (switch if Poe opens at same time)

3) In-Between

4) Bloodngutz

5) THING

6) Winter's Night

7) Forsaken

8) Nightingales (last two are interchangeable)

your route has some flaws:

Nightingales opens at 6:15

WN and forsaken open at 5:45

THING opens at 6, along with saws and maybe in between. if not then IB opens at 6:15

HoH and Poe open at 6:30

this is the route i used with stay & scream. i did all 8 houses between 5:55 and 8:15

1.WN

2.THING

3.Saws

4.Forsaken

5.In Between

6.Nevermore

7.HoH

8.Nightingales

after this, we did B&T,walked through all scarezones, did nightingales and THING again and WN 2 more times by 10:30

now, remember i did this last thursday when almost noone was there. the only lines i waited were poe and HoH, and i waited 20 for each. i noticed saws was 45 min at one point, so these are obviously the longest lines(like always). this is the route i would suggest for the more crowded nights(pretty much every night from now until the last wed/thurs and sun/mon):

1.WN

2.THING

3.Saws

4.Nevermore

5.HoH

6.Forsaken

7.In Between

8.Nightingales

we only did the 2 houses in KZone before poe because poe didnt open for another 5 min and we didnt want to wait for it to open. not a smart idea. the line fills up incredibly fast, so make sure you're in front of the portal sign at 6:30.

for HoH, always assume the line is at least 20 min off what the sign says. it has never posted the correct wait time. it was off 15 on thurs, 55 min last year.

all 3 SS"s were walkons the entire night, and forsaken was under 15.

in between got to 30 at its highest.

saws is always a walkon up until about 7:30, midway the first B&T. after that it doesnt drop under 45 til the last hour of the event, and it doesnt go down much.

also, does anyone know which house got HOTW last week?

Edited by foREVer56

I could be wrong, but I thought they divided the lines up in sections (Section A, B, so on) and then each section adds a certain amount to the wait time. I heard them talking about Section A already being filled at HoH when I was entering.

Death Drums has moved over by Mels and now the "Ace-Guards" with chainsaws are near the end of Your luck has ran out.

Very smart move.

Not sure I'm crazy about this - Mel's needs the actors, it's a huge void. But I guess more actors for YLHRO can't hurt...

I often work at HRRR and didn't clock out until 3:40am last Friday night. It usually stays around 40-50mins every night peaking at 60-70mins.

So when do you suggest? On Sunday the line was 45+ every time we checked (and we kept checking - I want to ride that coaster and the only time I go to Uni is HHN!)

So when do you suggest? On Sunday the line was 45+ every time we checked (and we kept checking - I want to ride that coaster and the only time I go to Uni is HHN!)

Either hit it first thing or hope you get lucky with the single rider line. If the single rider line ends halfway up the stairs, go ahead and wait (it'll be 15 to 20 minutes). Any longer than that and you're better off just sloshing through the standby.

Not sure I'm crazy about this - Mel's needs the actors, it's a huge void. But I guess more actors for YLHRO can't hurt...

Specially where the actors are, they should put the actors both in the beginning of the zone and the end, not just the end, plus the street where YLHRO is kinda empty though, i mean at the end of your luck has run out, is kinda dark, but If they were going to put the actors, I say put them at the beginning and then put a couple at the end of the zone

I didn't see the minions there tonight though, I saw them at the beginning of the day and that was it, didn't see them again

Edited by black mask

Oh Something different happened today

at the entrance of the Thing there was a girl that works at Uni and she kept telling everyone at the line: ( "Please put your cellphones and cameras in your pockets, not flash photography or you will attract the thing")

I wonder why? she kept giving this warning every 3 minutes, over and over, the funny thing is that when she says taking pictures inisde will attract the thing and kill you People were going like "HELL YEAH IM GONNA TAKE SO MUCH PICS SO THE THINGS GET ME YEAH" :lol:

Lines were long today. got a little ugly

ALSO, Today I sat in front of Canyon of dark souls, and there were people trying to take pics with the actors, they wouldn't let them, then people would be either mad as hell or disappointed, I saw the same happen in acid assault, I think Uni might get a bunch of complains about this, which i find hilarious since last year they got so many complains about every zone being a photo op :lol:

Agreed with that Black Mask. The lines and for it being a Thursday were all 20mins and above. The in-between got up to 75mins. One house said 20mins. So I timed it and the results came out to about 23mins. So sometimes their close.

They push really hard for no photos this year. The dark souls will not pose, nor will acid assualt people stop moving and grown evil will block the photo. If they ask nicely then I say let them snap one but then that opens to other people standing in line. I stay off on the side and snap pictures.

ALSO, Today I sat in front of Canyon of dark souls, and there were people trying to take pics with the actors, they wouldn't let them, then people would be either mad as hell or disappointed, I saw the same happen in acid assault, I think Uni might get a bunch of complains about this, which i find hilarious since last year they got so many complains about every zone being a photo op :lol:

oh the irony :P

also it really amazes me how the rockit reached 60+min at hhn. i cant imagine what will happen hell week:P.

does anyone know what the wait times hovered around last night for all houses? if IB was 75, i cant imagine saws/poe :o

Edited by foREVer56