Ticket Prices Getting To High

I personally think that HHN needs to pick a price and keep it thee i realize that its widly popular and i am in love with HHN but every year the prices get higher and higher and being that i go with a group of 5 i think ticket prices are gonna get to high and i wont be able to go because those ppl i go with are my family so my parents wont be able to pay eventually what do you guys and girls think.

I personally think that HHN needs to pick a price and keep it thee i realize that its widly popular and i am in love with HHN but every year the prices get higher and higher and being that i go with a group of 5 i think ticket prices are gonna get to high and i wont be able to go because those ppl i go with are my family so my parents wont be able to pay eventually what do you guys and girls think.

I think you need to utilize some punctuation.

Tickets prices will always rise, for everything. Look how much movie tickets cost now compared to ten years ago. Even five years ago. With that being said, I don't mind modest price increases. Every year I purchase the cheapest Florida resident ticket. The last couple years it was 35.99, this year its 41.99. I think that's a very fair price. I'm there for 6 hours, and paying half the price of a normal park ticket. Still a bargain in my book.

I personally think that HHN needs to pick a price and keep it there. I realize that it's wildly popular, and I am in love with HHN, but every year the prices get higher and higher. Being that I go with a group of 5, I think ticket prices are going to get too high and I won't be able to go because the people I go with are my family. Eventually, my parents won't be able to pay. What do you guys and girls think?

There.

The price will keep going up until saturation, unfortunately. That said, I think it's also a necessity. The higher prices really do go back into the event in regards to the technology and equipment they keep bringing in. HHN is not cheap to produce, and while it's expensive to get in, I really think the ticket costs doesn't lead to a large percentage of profit for the cost. While I don't know the numbers, I imagine a ticket to the event is similar to a ticket to the movies, where it just allows them to break even.

I have no problem paying what they charge for the tickets. Then again I don't have to worry about my family being able to afford it. It's just myself and my wife who go every year. I come down to Orlando for 2 weeks and get a FFP. This year my vacation will allow me to go 5 times for 82 dollars. I can't complain about that at all considering I pay about 17 dollars per night. I might get a FFP with express this year again like I did last year depending on the price. Maybe you (TS) need to get a summer job so you can pay for it yourself and take some of the pressure off of your parents if you want to go that bad.

I personally don't have a problem with the price. If you think about it it really comes down to supply and demand. Plus there prices hasn't gone up much for me. The point is that there are choices and different packages that you can choose from.

True. The increase in ticket price could mean that they have done more this year as supposed to other years. They could have added more effects, scenic pieces etc...

So Uni is just trying to balance their cost so they make a good profit for HHN. Sometimes the higher the price the bigger the HHN. And i'm all for that. HHN is pretty much the only thing I look forward to every year and I would pay no matter what price they asked...

And Minij83 the punctuation remark wasn't needed. Remember we are all friends on here so if someone posts just respond to it nicely. There is no need to bash anyone for anything...PLEASE!!!

Edited by HORRORLANDO

True. The increase in ticket price could mean that they have done more this year as supposed to other years. They could have added more effects, scenic pieces etc...

So Uni is just trying to balance their cost so they make a good profit for HHN. Sometimes the higher the price the bigger the HHN. And i'm all for that. HHN is pretty much the only thing I look forward to every year and I would pay no matter what price they asked...

And Minij83 the punctuation remark wasn't needed. Remember we are all friends on here so if someone posts just respond to it nicely. There is no need to bash anyone for anything...PLEASE!!!

I feel the same way thats why im getting a summer job becuz im going to go no matter what it takes im just worried about my parents notbeing able to go cuz they love hhn as much as i do im 15 and there like 30 lol

I was kinda pissed about the price of the FFP this year until I saw the new ROF pass. We go the first weekend every year cause we can go 2 nights for the price of 1 with the FFP but don't get to use it any more (unless uni adds another w/e) since we live out of state. Rush of fear is our new best option. I like it. We can go more times and get better value for our ticket. Good idea Uni.

I was kinda pissed about the price of the FFP this year until I saw the new ROF pass. We go the first weekend every year cause we can go 2 nights for the price of 1 with the FFP but don't get to use it any more (unless uni adds another w/e) since we live out of state. Rush of fear is our new best option. I like it. We can go more times and get better value for our ticket. Good idea Uni.

This is why that added different choices when it came to multiday event packages. Because there is usually one for everyone. For me it is the FFP+ w/ Express.

Its all part of that lovely little thing called inflation...and well... GREED.

It was only $13 for a single night admission ticket for HHN II but then again there were only 2 houses.

Now we have high quality scare-entertainment. Prices are gonna be high.

You get what you pay or in my opinion. There really isn't anything much like HHN anywhere else, and you know you're getting a high quality experience. Though, if tickets were to get to 95+ dollars for a reg ticket, I'd be pretty upset.

Well the regular ticket getting as high as $95 could possibly happen either next year or the year following depending on how the event goes as well as what we say in the surveys. Since this year's prices increased $7 compared to last year I could say that this year's FFP with Express could possibly cost about $169 to $175 and FFP+ with Express could possibly cost about $268 to $275 for non-Universal AP guests. It is also possible for both prices to just increase by just about $14 to $21. Price increases are not always avoidable especially as operational costs increases.

When you consider what you get for the costs, the price actually evens out quite a bit. I love local haunts and support them as much as I can, but I still see the draw to a massive haunted event.

8 houses - Even meccas like Netherworld and Bates Motel charge 20-30 bucks for 2-3 haunts. So, they match up at 10 per haunt.

Scarezones - I have yet to be at a haunt with as extensively decorated outdoor areas as a theme park can provide. They do great stuff in their queue's and sometimes even in the parking lot, but for sheer immersion the parks have the obvious advantage.

Rides - If you are so inclined....I don't think local haunts can provide much more than jumpy houses or, occasionally, a traveling carnival ride. They would probably upcharge for those, too.

Please do not think that this is in any way a slight to independent and regional haunts; I love, respect, and envy what they do and would love to join them someday. However, dollar vs dollar, HHN, Knotts, HOS, and the large theme park variety haunted events do provide equal to the costs. If they go much higher, I may not be able to enjoy as much as I'd like, but that is due to my own financial burdens and not the fact that it's a fair or worthy price.

Guest HHNPicMan

Honestly, the sad thing about them raising prices, is that i'd still pay for the ticket. I don't think i'd ever stop buying tickets unless they went into the $200+ range. wink.gif

Well said. I think we are all like that.

I think we all have to realize that with the creation that is Harry Potter, Universal is now getting the masses. Come October, there will be more people at HHN then in years past, because they will be visiting Harry Potter during the day. It happened last year. Both parks are seeing attendance numbers that havent been seen since the mid 2000's.

It would be a terrible business practice if Universal didnt try and make money off of it. Of course, I say go for it. I do remember a time when my October included haunted houses at Six Flags that where built out of black trashbag material. I appreciate the work that Universal puts into making HHN. Therefore, aslong as ticket prices didnt get to high, I will still probably always buy them.

I agree with a lot of comments here... there's simple inflation to match the cost of living, there's the simple rule of business (to make a profit) and then the park has to cover its own costs. Jake summed it up well. Lost Alice also made an interesting point... I seem to remember (though I'll have to find my old ticket stub to verify) paying about $24 to attend HHN 3. Here we are 18 years later and a ticket can cost about $72 for a similar night (Saturday) for a Florida resident. That's 3 times the cost over 18 years... so is it or is it not a big increase? Supply & demand. You decide.

Looks like the FFP, FFP+, and Rush of Fear with Express has not gone up with the FFP+ with Express going down in price. The FFP w/ and Rush of Fear w/ Express is priced at $169.99 and the FFP+ w/ Express priced at $219.99 for non-AP guests. The prices for AP guests is $154.99 for the FFP w/ and Rush of Fear w/ Express and $204.99 for the FFP+ w/ Express. Just click on "Buy Now" on the main HHN ticketing page or use the annual passholder page.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think the prices are too outrageous personally. Florida residents still get good discounts for the one time visits and such. The passes are too bad anyway after you break it down by how much you pay per day. Universal is going to keep capitalizing until they see a definite uproar over ticket pricing and drops in sales. If the ticket increases stop some of the herpderps from wandering in to the event I wouldn't be too upset about it.

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies if this was mentioned, but it seems as if the single night admission prices for Florida residents has actually decreased by a good amount with the Coke or BK discount.

The discount for Saturday nights used to only be something like five or ten bucks, but now it's fifteen. For Fridays it's 30, and 40 for Sun-Thurs.

So at least they're still thinking about Florida residents.

What I really think are overly expensive are those express passes. Geesh. To add it onto the FFP it's a little bit more than the price of the ticket! Insane! I mean, considering that it's for every day you're there with the FFP, ok maybe it's not *too* bad...but it's hard to justify spending that much money. I'll just put up with the lines again. That's what I'm used to doing, and last year I successfully hit all of the houses the first night while waiting in line normally...I saw all of the scarezones, AND got to see Bill and Ted. Part of the fun is successfully making a plan where you can do everything in a night, and manage your time in the lines properly. I went on to do this several times even on very busy nights.

What I'd REALLY like to see (and please somebody slap me and mention it if it already exists!) is a one time fee parking pass, that lasts like a month or something. I'm sick of having to come in after 8 to save on parking, and sick of paying the extra 10-15 bucks (I forgot the exact price because I only go to Uni for HHN)each night I want to show up before everything starts. Even if I'm paying a similar amount of money, at least it'll already be spent, and things will be quicker in the parking garage lines.

Considering how much the event has grown from its inception and how much has been added to the format over the past 21 years, I'd say ticket prices are pretty much spot on. I want to say ticket prices for that first year were something like $12 + tax...and there was only one house that always had a wait of at least an hour or two. All things considered, the latest prices equal to the quality of the experience we are provided.

A FFP is still a great deal in the overall scheme of things.