HHN XXI Speculation II

Well that is very short sighted... They haven't even see all of her. you saw a 30 second blip of a commercial cut for an affliliate.

I agree, we should wait for the full promo before we make any final decisions.

I believe that Lady Luck has been around for a long time. If you look at the Queen card from the intro to the site, she bares the same hairstyle. Perhaps she changes appearances every so often with what society considers lucky. Once the queen card was a sign of luck, and now she's moved on to the form of a las vegas beauty that moguls like to keep near them for good luck.

Perhaps even dear old Edgar Allen Poe was a victim of lady luck. He's notorious for having bad luck in life, and even wrote about one of the greatest signs of bad luck. This is all starting to come together storywise, which is why I find it hard to believe people believe there is no backstory.

Edited by Ha11owed Be Thy Name

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to "evolving scarezones" I'd like to offer some speculation.

The first thing that came to mind was The Coven SZ from before.... the pilgrims where set to burn but throughout the night I remember joking how well they held up against the fire. With that said, coudl and "evolving scarezone" be something that changes showing a time lapse of what's happening. This would involve maybe adding props as the night progresses. New actors. Change of make-up.

Back to The Coven example, the pilgrims apear more and more burned until replaced with a charred skeleton.

In zombie-gras: start the night with a live victim and ends up resembling a devoured turkey leg.

To make it more interactive.... I'm sure scareactors recognize people or groups that pass multiple times through their zone in one night. If they are fun and cooperative and deserve an extra bonus, they get selected or pointed out for something... a ganging up of creatures or special effect or something ... whatever it is links directly to what's been happening in the story of the zone.

Ultimately what I'm saying is that: what if an "evolving scarezone" means having a zone NOT fixed for frozen in time but instead sees a time lapse where things get worse or guest can see and beggining, middle and end to that story?

This times inifinity!! If this is even close to being true, i'm so glad I set aside a night to focus on mainly the SZ's. Well, I'm glad anyway as I barely remember any from when i went in 09.

I agree, we should wait for the full promo before we make any final decisions.

I believe that Lady Luck has been around for a long time. If you look at the Queen card from the intro to the site, she bares the same hairstyle. Perhaps she changes appearances every so often with what society considers lucky. Once the queen card was a sign of luck, and now she's moved on to the form of a las vegas beauty that moguls like to keep near them for good luck.

Perhaps even dear old Edgar Allen Poe was a victim of lady luck. He's notorious for having bad luck in life, and even wrote about one of the greatest signs of bad luck. This is all starting to come together storywise, which is why I find it hard to believe people believe there is no backstory.

Holy crap! I didn't see that!

Just something I had noticed:

If you look at the roulette wheel in the video. You will notice the black and red numbers. However, if you look at the cards there are two cards whose value add up to the number on the wheel. Proving that it takes two....

Just an observation.

Just something I had noticed:

If you look at the roulette wheel in the video. You will notice the black and red numbers. However, if you look at the cards there are two cards whose value add up to the number on the wheel. Proving that it takes two....

Just an observation.

are you speculating there might be 2 icons working together?

Actually i think its more "The System of Dr. Tarr and Prof. Fether" (1856) Inside an insane asylum"

rather than the Tell tale heart :o

If you zoom in on the manuscript in the upper right-hand corner, it is titled, "The Tell-Tale Heart." It's blurry, but you can just make out the letters.

The picture of the Poe house is the coolest thing I think I've ever seen in a haunted house. It honestly looks amazing.

Gotta agree that room looks awesome. I'm really looking forward to that house now. In fact I love the sound of all the houses this year, I wonder what the scarezones will be like.

The picture of the Poe house is the coolest thing I think I've ever seen in a haunted house. It honestly looks amazing.

Where is this photo, plus the one with the WWI nurses? I'm currently at work and while this site isn't blocked, most photos sites, social networking, games, and blog sites. Just wondering so I can check it out later! Thanks! :)

Newest hint card is up. It's for the Poe house and is most likely the Tell-Tale Heart room.

Unreal. Give Poe House of the Year right now.

I came here just to comment on how incredible this scene looks. If the rest of the house looks as crazy as this room, then it will definitely be a favorite of mine.

There is a reason so many of the "insiders" have been iterating that you haven't seen the other side of Luck. We mean it. A lot, as far as Luck's character, is missing. A whole lot.

Honestly, it would be best to just drop it until you see what we mean. You haven't seen the scary part.

And regarding the Poe scene being in a tent... remember Catacombs. A couple of rooms had walls that went up twenty feet, the Baby Crypt and "Narrow Passage" specifically.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but:

Does anyone else think that the park (or at least one scarezone) will be the house of cards from the game? I could see Shrek becoming a house of cards maze.

Basically something like this:

cardsem.jpg

The swinging fences could be arranged into the maze as the park closes and then returned to their folded position after each event night, as not to interfere with daytime guests.

As for Poe - going off of the curved nature of the structure, I would imagine those rooms (and this room) were towards the center of the house, where the ceiling was slightly higher, yes? I'm so happy that the tent houses' production values continue to increase each year... well, ignoring the fact that Tent 2 has used the same layout since the Funhouse I think? Any chance we'll actually get a new layout this year?

Actually, the Baby Crypt was only about eight yards from the entrance the house. There is a lot more space in those tents then people realize. And considering that the entrance to the Poe house is actually where it normally exits, I'd say it's a safe bet we have a completely original layout in both tents this year.

You learn something new every day, Legacy. I'm excited for the tents - they've come a long way since People Under the Stairs & Psychopath. That Poe scene looks to rival any of the sets from Psychoscareapy or Hades last year...

I rescind all of my comments on the commercial, by the way. Something tells me I should indeed wait and see.