HHN XXI Speculation II

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Gambit, forgive my ignorance on this if it's not the actual title of the house and I missed it, but if Nevermore: The Madness of Poe was something you or one of us fellow posters came up with, that's pure awesome :D

As much as I'd love to take all the credit it's actually the official name for the house. Universal accidentally revealed it in the properties with one of their Twitter pictures.

Now to stay on topic, I noticed in Dr Jimmy's picture of Luck that there are chains hanging from the ceiling. Didn't' we see them on the site somewhere?

As much as I'd love to take all the credit it's actually the official name for the house. Universal accidentally revealed it in the properties with one of their Twitter pictures.

Now to stay on topic, I noticed in Dr Jimmy's picture of Luck that there are chains hanging from the ceiling. Didn't' we see them on the site somewhere?

Heh, my bad. About the chains, the only place I recall chains being are the pic of the 'silver' skeletons, but not much else off the top of my head.

Does anyone else feel suspicious about the name of the Poe house? I just think its odd that Universal just happened to have the name in the properties of the photo and it just happens to be pretty much the same name as the HOS house? I think they gave us that to throw us off and it will have a different name when revealed next week. Unless Universal is trying to make some sort of point about them having the same name? IDK.

EDIT: Also, someone mentioned a Marcel wave. That exact hairdo is mentioned in a song from the 1930's (and covered by Annie Lennox on her Diva album), the song: "Keep Young and Beautiful". Coincidence?

Edited by faceleg

Hey guys, 1st time poster so forgive any niavety. Went to HHN last year for the 1st time and went in completely oblivious of any back storys and the such and had such an amazing time we booked to come back over from the UK to co-incide with this years. Accidentally stumbled on this site a few months back and now i'm hooked lol, is Dr Jimmys piccy of lady luck still up somewhere? Am loving all the speculation and read this thread every day now. Also to add my little bit on sz, i didn't really find them too scary last year, a few "jumps" but watching other people was really funny, the houses however scared the poop outta me especially Hades and Havoc, and the Ofanage really creeped me out lol. Am looking forward to having a bit more knowledge this year :)

Howdy!

I'm new but LOVED HHN last year! (It was my first year!) So what do we know for sure or are pretty set on themes/clues/names for the houses so far?

SPRUNG TENT 1 (where Havoc was?)

I heard Edger Allen Poe?! I have a friend in this one but he doesn't know much yet.

SPRUNG TENT 2

?

DISASTER

Aren't we pretty safe to call it a Horror Holidayish house?

JAWS

Columbus, Ships, but not pirates!

PARADE (B-79)

?

SOUND STAGE 22

The Thing?

SOUND STAGE 23B

?

That's just what I've heard and observed, but I'm new so I was just wondering what y'all thought. The anticipation is KILLING me, haha! So excited! :)

Howdy!

I'm new but LOVED HHN last year! (It was my first year!) So what do we know for sure or are pretty set on themes/clues/names for the houses so far?

That's just what I've heard and observed, but I'm new so I was just wondering what y'all thought. The anticipation is KILLING me, haha! So excited! :)

I suppose it's time to do another one of these:

Sprung 1 - Demon house. Rumored to be in 3D.

Sprung 2 - Edgar Allan Poe. House name rumored to be Nevermore: the Madness of Poe

Parade - Columbus House. No pirates.

SS22 - The Cemetery House. Possibly featuring Lady Elizabeth Hawthorn. I do not believe she is Lady Luck.

SS23A - The Thing

SS23B - WWI house, featuring a female cast of "nurses" who may be more than what they seem.

Disaster - Late Night Horror Hosts meet Holidays.

JAWS - Jaws n Steam. Or Saws n Steam. Whichever you prefer.

Sprung 2 - Edgar Allan Poe. House name rumored to be Nevermore: the Madness of Poe

SS22 - The Cemetery House. Possibly featuring Lady Elizabeth Hawthorn. I do not believe she is Lady Luck.

SS23A - The Thing

SS23B - WWI house, featuring a female cast of "nurses" who may be more than what they seem.

Amazing! Sounds great! :)

Thank you so much! I'm definitely excited for SS23A, SS23B, Sprung 2, and Disaster!

SS23A - The Thing

Since you won't mention them, I'll go ahead and bring them up: Scarezones.

Hollywood - Speculated to be based either on the Chinese New Year or Seven Deadly Sins. One seems highly unlikely while the other one seems highly probable.

Central Park - Rumored to be titled "Grown Evil."

IFB - No real information, other than several stilts are cast here.

Shrek Alley - Lots of chainlink "pens" and gates, no other info.

New York - No real information, other than several towers.

Sting Alley - Lots of females, mostly from last year's Coven. Rumored to be Luck's scarezone.

Lucy - No information. Potentially a scarezone or the location of the "second show" which will possibly be a street zone.

Since you won't mention them, I'll go ahead and bring them up: Scarezones.

Hollywood - Speculated to be based either on the Chinese New Year or Seven Deadly Sins. One seems highly unlikely while the other one seems highly probable.

Central Park - Rumored to be titled "Grown Evil."

IFB - No real information, other than several stilts are cast here.

Shrek Alley - Lots of chainlink "pens" and gates, no other info.

New York - No real information, other than several towers.

Sting Alley - Lots of females, mostly from last year's Coven. Rumored to be Luck's scarezone.

Lucy - No information. Potentially a scarezone or the location of the "second show" which will possibly be a street zone.

I'll post my thoughts/predictions on these...

Hollywood - Seven Deadly Sins would make a lot of sense, especially after the success of "Welcome to Hell" in Hollywood's HHN. Could be an amazing zone.

Central Park - "Grown Evil" - not sure where that spec came from, but it reminds me of some sort of evil garden - plants that "grow." Would make sense in the Central Park's foliage. But does this mean no more pumpkin walk?

IFB - stilts... could be anything. The construction we've seen is very intriguing though

Shrek Alley - my money's on some sort of "Rat Run." the evolving scarezone rumor seems to have the msot credence here

New York - Rat Lady is apparently supposed to be here. Perhaps a Freak Show type zone? The towers confuse me

Sting Alley - as previously speculated, would make a lot of sense as Luck's zone - Sting Alley's very speakeasy looking. The removal of the posters in this area (to avoid the clash) supports this idea

Lucy - agreed on the potential of the "street show." Could Lady Luck be our emcee of sorts?

We've established Plaza of the Stars was eliminated due to Despicable Me construction - but we still have no word as to why Mel's Diner has been eliminated. Any more thoughts on that?

I mean, I think that's the real problem here, and what AaronPaHHNFan said, the photo Op, so I guess they could tell the actors not Not pose with anyone except the 15 minute sessions but, they could still allow us to take pics in the scarezones,

that could help a lot I think, I mean, they could do that this year, maybe?

That's what I meant. I didn't mean nobody could take photo's in the scarezones. I always take the photos in the scarezones but I feel you should try to get action shots. Yes, my picture is with Chance but when you see endless amounts of people taking pictures with them what's the point of not doing it yourself? I would never want to see pictures banned in the scarezones. I love trying to get shots of the scareactor doing what they do best. I just would like to see an area specifically for the posed pictures with scareactors. Then they could say no photos with guests in the scarezones only in the specific area for that. By the way I wasn't offended at all by what you said. I just feel that sometimes we could maybe get more scares in the zones if the scareactors weren't posing for pictures.

I'll post my thoughts/predictions on these...

Hollywood - Seven Deadly Sins would make a lot of sense, especially after the success of "Welcome to Hell" in Hollywood's HHN. Could be an amazing zone.

Central Park - "Grown Evil" - not sure where that spec came from, but it reminds me of some sort of evil garden - plants that "grow." Would make sense in the Central Park's foliage. But does this mean no more pumpkin walk?

IFB - stilts... could be anything. The construction we've seen is very intriguing though

Shrek Alley - my money's on some sort of "Rat Run." the evolving scarezone rumor seems to have the msot credence here

New York - Rat Lady is apparently supposed to be here. Perhaps a Freak Show type zone? The towers confuse me

Sting Alley - as previously speculated, would make a lot of sense as Luck's zone - Sting Alley's very speakeasy looking. The removal of the posters in this area (to avoid the clash) supports this idea

Lucy - agreed on the potential of the "street show." Could Lady Luck be our emcee of sorts?

We've established Plaza of the Stars was eliminated due to Despicable Me construction - but we still have no word as to why Mel's Diner has been eliminated. Any more thoughts on that?

The street show could take place in multiple areas, including Mel's, especially if it is indeed partly processional.

"Grown Evil" wasn't speculated. It was information that was given. I figured, what the hey, since I know I wasn't the only one told about it.

And again, "evolving scarezones" don't strictly imply scarezone layouts. There are other things that can evolve and change throughout the night that hasn't been speculated yet.

The street show could take place in multiple areas, including Mel's, especially if it is indeed partly processional.

"Grown Evil" wasn't speculated. It was information that was given. I figured, what the hey, since I know I wasn't the only one told about it.

And again, "evolving scarezones" don't strictly imply scarezone layouts. There are other things that can evolve and change throughout the night that hasn't been speculated yet.

I'm trying to imagine the show. Reminds me of the "show stops" in some of Disney's parades, but on a smaller scale and likely minus the float. If it started in Lucy, it wouldn't have an easy to get anywhere without crossing through another zone... so I'd guess Lucy maybe isn't the show. That goes out the window if they CAN pass through zones, but that screams safety hazard for the performers to me. Here's hoping something is present in Mel's Die-In, show or otherwise.

Gotcha. I stand by my evil garden gut reaction.

Evolving... well, there's lay out. There's the performers themselves - they could evolve in behavior, or perhaps in appearance. Cast changes would make this very possible, but it would be probably pretty resource-consuming to redecorate every character every time they switch casts. The projection idea has been tossed around, but I can't see that feasibly working in the sense proposed (it'll look awful up close, for one.)

I'm trying to imagine the show. Reminds me of the "show stops" in some of Disney's parades, but on a smaller scale and likely minus the float. If it started in Lucy, it wouldn't have an easy to get anywhere without crossing through another zone... so I'd guess Lucy maybe isn't the show. That goes out the window if they CAN pass through zones, but that screams safety hazard for the performers to me. Here's hoping something is present in Mel's Die-In, show or otherwise.

Gotcha. I stand by my evil garden gut reaction.

Evolving... well, there's lay out. There's the performers themselves - they could evolve in behavior, or perhaps in appearance. Cast changes would make this very possible, but it would be probably pretty resource-consuming to redecorate every character every time they switch casts. The projection idea has been tossed around, but I can't see that feasibly working in the sense proposed (it'll look awful up close, for one.)

Couple of options for a "processional/show" that would avoid zones:

From behind the ampitheater, down Plaza of the Stars to Lucy for the show.

From behind the ampitheater, down the street between Monster Cafe and New York (I always forget that name), to Mel's for the show.

Both routes would be really easy, although the second route to Mel's would probably be better, since it's longer and has more space.

And the resources might not be as difficult to scrounge up as you might think. Design a "final" look and you take away from (or add to) it. Forty-five minutes is a long time between sets.

Couple of options for a "processional/show" that would avoid zones:

From behind the ampitheater, down Plaza of the Stars to Lucy for the show.

From behind the ampitheater, down the street between Monster Cafe and New York (I always forget that name), to Mel's for the show.

Both routes would be really easy, although the second route to Mel's would probably be better, since it's longer and has more space.

And the resources might not be as difficult to scrounge up as you might think. Design a "final" look and you take away from (or add to) it. Forty-five minutes is a long time between sets.

Mmm, good call on starting at the amphitheater. I didn't think about it originating there. That would mean they'd have to move the queue for one of the soundstage houses - perhaps a setup similar to 2008... I still don't think it has anything to do with Lucy, since I realized auditions for this show (high-energy dancers) were held separately from the regular HHN auditions (which is where the "Lucy" spot was revealed). Yes, I think they're separate entities. Hmm. A passage to Mel's is available...

I suppose. I just feel like the scare actors would prefer to have more time to actually take their break versus updating their costumes. Then again, many already have to give up a sliver of their breaks to do makeup touch-ups, right? It could definitely work. Out of context it all seems so complicated, but I bet if we (or possibly just I) knew what sort of costumes we were talking about, this would all make more sense. It could work.