HHN XXI Speculation II

The black and white/red button Facebook page HAS to be World War I. My girlfriend did some research (big American history buff, delighted to check it out) and has made a key discovery in the photo -

On the right of the table there is a picture of an Airedale Terrier. Woodrow Wilson was known for loving his two terriers, Sandy and Davie. Guess who was president when we entered World War I? Woodrow Wilson.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the tent is edgar allen poe, we just confired it today at universal studios. Theres scripts everywhere with blood on them,and at the bottom they say his name

:D

I also can confirm we will have a Poe house this year...

If you go into the properties of the new photo on Twitter (After saving) title of the photo shows the actual House name !!!

I'm NOT posting the name of the house here on the boards because it Has Not Been Officially Released by Universal yet

The black and white/red button Facebook page HAS to be World War I. My girlfriend did some research (big American history buff, delighted to check it out) and has made a key discovery in the photo -

On the right of the table there is a picture of an Airedale Terrier. Woodrow Wilson was known for loving his two terriers, Sandy and Davie. Guess who was president when we entered World War I? Woodrow Wilson.

Not an airedale. The dog is white. Airedales are black and tan.

1100003.jpg

That looks more like a fox terrier, which are mostly white.

34079.jpg

Herbert Hoover, President from 1929-1933 owned a fox terrier.

Now consider the vintage radio that looks like those produced in the 1920s and 1930s.

Public radio broadcasts did not begin until the 1920s and a radio like that one would not have existed during the First World War.

A radio from 1918:

30.jpg

A radio from the 1930s:

Radio%20-%201930%27s%20desk%20top%20style%20arch%20top.jpg

I also can confirm we will have a Poe house this year...

If you go into the properties of the new photo on Twitter (After saving) title of the photo shows the actual House name !!!

I'm NOT posting the name of the house here on the boards because it Has Not Been Officially Released by Universal yet

Awesome find!

Interesting, Dr. Jimmy. Could this be a slip-up on the part of A&D or is this not World War I? We have conflicting elements if it is (the ambulance vehicle is distinctly WWI, the radio and dog photo aren't). Hmm...

Can someone help me examine the properties of the picture? I already have it saved, but can't seem to find what you guys have found. I'm using Mac OSX if it helps..

Interesting, Dr. Jimmy. Could this be a slip-up on the part of A&D or is this not World War I? We have conflicting elements if it is (the ambulance vehicle is distinctly WWI, the radio and dog photo aren't). Hmm...

Can someone help me examine the properties of the picture? I already have it saved, but can't seem to find what you guys have found. I'm using Mac OSX if it helps..

My guess is that the photo is not related to the WWI house.

After saving it to your computer, Right click on that file and select properties and then under the details tab is shows all the info on that file..

I dont know anything about mac's so maybe that the problem or mac's use a different way to display that info...

Send me your email or facebook acct name and i can send you a screen capture of the properties of my file to show you what it looks like rocket4765@yahoo.com or Richie E Gemein on facebook

that dog is teddy roosevelts. ww2

Teddy Roosevelt did own a fox terrier, but he was president before WWI from 1901-1909.

Franklin Roosevelt was president during WWII, he owned many dogs, most famously a Scottish terrier named Fala. But he did not own a fox terrier, or for that matter an airedale.

My guess is that the photo is not related to the WWI house.

Then what could it be? Certainly doesn't fit Graveyard, Poe, Runes, Saws, TV Holiday, Thing, or Columbus... unless it was somehow tied into Independence Day for TV Holiday, but I think that's quite the stretch. I really have to wonder if A&D made an honest mistake - or if the picture is too distorted to be certain which specific breed of dog it is.

After saving it to your computer, Right click on that file and select properties and then under the details tab is shows all the info on that file..

I dont know anything about mac's so maybe that the problem or mac's use a different way to display that info...

Send me your email or facebook acct name and i can send you a screen capture of the properties of my file to show you what it looks like rocket4765@yahoo.com or Richie E Gemein on facebook

Sent an email to you. Thanks in advance!

I also can confirm we will have a Poe house this year...If you go into the properties of the new photo on Twitter (After saving) title of the photo shows the actual House name !!!I'm NOT posting the name of the house here on the boards because it Has Not Been Officially Released by Universal yet

Does anyone else find it weird that all the other pictures have no info besides the guy taking the picture is Kevin and this one has all this?

so could this be our icon house since it takes place during the age of the speakeasy?

No.

Does anyone else find it weird that all the other pictures have no info besides the guy taking the picture is Kevin and this one has all this?

If I had to guess, it's probably just an honest mistake. Some of the other images have no info at all, while some have just the first part of the title seen in the Poe image.

I have a little update regarding saving of that image... Be sure to click on "Full Image" before downloading it... if you save the regular version the properties do not show the name..

The name is listed Only in the Full large version of the photo (3000xx1996 size) By the way my puter is windows7 OS some mac users have been saying it doesnt work for them...

What if the supposed WWI house is both a WWI and a WWII house with maybe a filler inbetween connecting the two wars and what really went on in the medic scenes of both?

Although I highly doubt this, it'd be interesting if the house crossed through the timelines of multiple wars and the medical practices that followed them. This could put part of the the house in black and white, and have it transition to a different color scheme depending on the time period. But at that point, I'd say we're getting a bit too far away from what the house theme probably is.

Don't forget some of our casting code names from the Disaster queue house. And that there is an entire holiday for Presidents...

One final thing. Could this photo be pointing to more red buttons in houses this year?

Edited by sarah21683

One final thing. Could this photo be pointing to more red buttons in houses this year?

I think so. I believe last year they "tested" them out and this year you will see them in basically every house. It's a way to cut a scaractor or 2 in each house and we've all heard about them hiring less this year.

I think so. I believe last year they "tested" them out and this year you will see them in basically every house. It's a way to cut a scaractor or 2 in each house and we've all heard about them hiring less this year.

^ Can confirm this.

that black and white picture is obviously telling us that that house will be black and white

Houses are (and will be) in black in white mostly because of relations to some sort of media. Photography was black and white (Dead Exposure), and video/film was in black and white (Organ Room - Silver Screams). I'm not so sure this whole house will be in black and white, unless we're seeing it through photographs, film, or perhaps even a news paper. However, the only house to be currently rumored as a television/film themed house would be the Diaster! queue house. It has me quite confused, for I can't relate a presidential/red button crisis/ect. scenario to anything along the lines of the Diaster! house, which is expected to be holiday/t.v. movie marathon house. What is also confusing me is how a holiday and a t.v. movie marathon can link together, unless it was the President's Day holiday. But that still leaves me wondering why a President's Day room would be in black and white. Now, the actual room doesn't have to be in black in white. The photo just could have been edited to black and white, with a color splash on the red button. Perhaps A&D just wanted to hint that the photo is supposed to portray a room/house from a time in the past But who knows, it could always turn out to be the "ABC Family Presents: 25 Days of Christmas" marathon... :P

Another thing... the previous picture of the wooden blocks are in black and white, but noticed from other photos, the blocks aren't actually the colors black and white.

(Not trying to put your ideas down, just speculating as a whole...)