HHN XXI Auditions

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smaller cast(s), less wages/actor (I guess this is debatable with the increased wage for Performer C), less money spent on gasoline, hmmmmm....

We got a fifty-cent raise this year... so many-wise it probably breaks even.

Think they'll resort to sliders? :P

If they have just a SINGLE chainsaw in the streets...I'll be happy. HHN just isn't HHN without chainsaws. Imo they were a little bit overdone last year, but their presence was much obliged and appreciated. I only think that they were overdone because of the reactions I heard from a few (very whiny) people. I didn't mind the omnipresence of the saws at all.

More than just disappointing, it would be extremely unusual to remove chainsaws; they're such an iconic and extremely effective part of street horror (both at HHN and in other parks around the world) that the event would be extremely different without them.

As such, I will still hold out on there being at least small numbers of saws until I get confirmation when the event opens that they are nowhere to be seen. The complete removal of chainsaws would be a very strange turn of events that would almost certainly harm the streets.

Anyone care to share some of the questions they had been asked at the audition? The spa I worked at just closed their doors so I am really contemplating driving from Atlanta to Orlando to audition tomorrow (I know, sounds a bit crazy) I haven't auditioned in almost 10 years and have heard it is much different than when I did it in 2003. Any thoughts are very helpful :) Thanks!

And I know this is a VERY personal question but if someone can PM me what scareactors make now per hour (I know they are all different) I would sincerely appreciate it.

They asked my group what our favorite Halloween Costume was.

When we were lined up about to go into the audition room, the lady who lined us up explained to us how this will be the "easiest job interview of your life" and then told us what we would be asked before we even went into the audition room.

I wouldn't sweat it. Don't worry...I sweated it too! But as they say in this thread, they're only looking for body types.

My group was asked who our favorite icon is. There were at least two people in my group that said some sort of superhero like Superman/Batman and they even asked us beforehand if we were all sure what they meant by favorite icon lol.

But yeah, it's super easy and I actually had a lot of fun! :) Most important thing to remember like everyone else is saying is they're looking for certain body types so don't take it personal if you don't get cast. :)

I'm not a skinny girl, is this worth my time? I'm not huge but have curves. UGH, so distressed but have the car packed as I've heard many women are getting the boot by every group :(

When I say curves: size 10 jean, 40x34x36. Not huge but like i said curvy. I'm also 5'10' so i don't know how that will work for me/against me

Sometimes, that's what they need.

I'm not a skinny girl, is this worth my time? I'm not huge but have curves. UGH, so distressed but have the car packed as I've heard many women are getting the boot by every group :(

When I say curves: size 10 jean, 40x34x36. Not huge but like i said curvy. I'm also 5'10' so i don't know how that will work for me/against me

Boy, if only we had the answer to this! Everyone would know whether to expect a role or not. Just go in confidently and be energetic. Stand out in your own way. Since no one has any idea what body types they are looking for, its just the luck of the draw.

From the sounds of last week, one maybe three people out of each group were being cast. Tomorrow will be quite the same, if not even more selective with fewer people getting cast. I may be mistaken, but they closed auditions last year after the third week. The event was around 75%+ cast after reunion auditions.

Just be relaxed, be yourself, and have fun...

Alright, quick question fellow veteran scareactors.

I missed my call last Friday the 8th and they left me a voicemail saying they would call me back, the earliest they would be able to being Monday or Wednesday. It's now the 19th and no call. Should I just wait it out or what

I'm a size 0 and didn't cast, so I wouldn't worry about it. I say go give it a try, that way you have no what if's! :)

Hired! Performer C but no other details. My orientation is August 18. I am so excited to be joining the UO team again especially for Horror Nights!

Alright, quick question fellow veteran scareactors.

I missed my call last Friday the 8th and they left me a voicemail saying they would call me back, the earliest they would be able to being Monday or Wednesday. It's now the 19th and no call. Should I just wait it out or what

Walk in to Human Resources. Just tell the lady at the desk what's going on. That's what I did today.

Guest HHNPicMan

Hired! Performer C but no other details. My orientation is August 18. I am so excited to be joining the UO team again especially for Horror Nights!

Walk in to Human Resources. Just tell the lady at the desk what's going on. That's what I did today.

Congrats..... Welcome to the scare team!

Well no luck for me getting casted. :( Maybe next year. Can't wait to attend though!

same here no cast for me. which royally sucks

Dident get cast for HHN. Since i wasent cast its sad to say but i sorta lost all intrest in HHN in general :/

Dident get cast for HHN. Since i wasent cast its sad to say but i sorta lost all intrest in HHN in general :/

This just makes no sense. If your looking for attention, please do it elsewhere. HHN is an amazing event which is fun to both work and attend. To say you've lost interest due to not being cast, well, it's a little selfish.

Then don't go! No one said you had to.

OPEN CALL AUDITIONS

Saturday, 7/23 and Sunday, 7/24

ACTORS

MUSICAL THEATER PERFORMERS

Universal Orlando Resort® is now accepting audition appointments for seasonal event and show positions for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights®

OPEN CALL AUDITIONS

Saturday, 7/23 and Sunday, 7/24

ACTORS

MUSICAL THEATER PERFORMERS

Universal Orlando Resort® is now accepting audition appointments for seasonal event and show positions for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights®

I was curious about those. They say something about preparing a one minute monologue. I'm guessing that they're only hiring experienced actors, or people who've gone to school for it? Lol.

I was curious about those. They say something about preparing a one minute monologue. I'm guessing that they're only hiring experienced actors, or people who've gone to school for it? Lol.

Well, even high school play auditions often require a one minute monologue (and musicals also required at least part of a song). It all depends on how well you can do it.

Ive been to these auditions there before. Anyone can go, as long as you have a monologue prepared.

Since they are auditioning for shows that involve singing, dancing, and straight diolague...it's absolutely preferred to have people with experience audition. This doesn't mean that anyone should hesitate to go. I highly recommend giving these auditions a shot.

Ive been to these auditions there before. Anyone can go, as long as you have a monologue prepared.

Since they are auditioning for shows that involve singing, dancing, and straight diolague...it's absolutely preferred to have people with experience audition. This doesn't mean that anyone should hesitate to go. I highly recommend giving these auditions a shot.

Agreed...

Just know that you have to be good, because you will be competing against some of the best talent in Orlando. I would be interested in auditioning if I didn't have a real job... :lol: