HHN XXI Auditions

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HHNPicMan

Looks like a new era is really happening. Maybe this means the end of waiting and waiting and waiting to audition the day you show up. Would'nt that be a treat. Wishfull Thinking!

Guest HHNPicMan

I do not unfortunately :\

You should be able to simply write jobs@universalorlando.com

That is the main HR number for all applicant type questions, including HHN.

Guest HHNPicMan

For former scareactors, please read....

I called the number for more information. It says that on July, 5, 2011 will be the former scareactor auditions. However, it says that you have to be a current Universal Orlando Team Member to sign up. I would call this number, 407-224-7622, to listen to the recording. Its kinda strange that you can only attend the reunion audition if you presently work for Universal.

I know alot of scareactors dont work for Uni. I wonder how this will play out.

For former scareactors, please read....

I called the number for more information. It says that on July, 5, 2011 will be the former scareactor auditions. However, it says that you have to be a current Universal Orlando Team Member to sign up. I would call this number, 407-224-7622, to listen to the recording. Its kinda strange that you can only attend the reunion audition if you presently work for Universal.

I know alot of scareactors dont work for Uni. I wonder how this will play out.

Universal employment last for a year after the last shift you worked. Scareactors from last year are still considered Universal employees.

I turn 18 on July 30th, is there any way I can still audition? I'll be 18 literally 18 days after the first audition.

Auditions last through middle of August from what i saw last year. Even then im sure you can still go audtion and say your pretty much 18 and the event isnt for another 3 months so you should be fine.

Edited by Shockinfunk

Auditions last through middle of August from what i saw last year. Even then im sure you can still go audtion and say your pretty much 18 and the event isnt for another 3 months so you should be fine.

Hopefully I can! I would only be able to do ABU though, due to my other job at SeaWorld.

I can understand this happening due to the high numbers a each audition. They may want to limit each audition day to say 400 people. So say you don't sign up soon enough, you may have to wait till the following audition etc. I guess we'll see. The great thing would be this meaning we don't have to stand out front for hours in the heat.

Guest offkilter81

Unfortunately since I did not do HHN last year I will have to go to first open call on the 12th. Hopefully I will get an appointment...

I hope it won't be too long to find out when we can sign up for an appointment (especially since I really want to go the first open audition).

I wonder if people will be able to go to more then one audition, like they have in the past

Yeah, I'm worried that I might not get a chance again this year :(.

Oh well.

I thought up another interesting question.

How has becoming a scareactor affected the event for you? I enjoy this event a lot, and don't want to enjoy it any less than I do now by becoming a scareactor. It makes me wonder how differently I'll perceive everything, if I am able to get a role.

I hope it won't be too long to find out when we can sign up for an appointment (especially since I really want to go the first open audition).

I wonder if people will be able to go to more then one audition, like they have in the past

Double-check the audition site on Wednesday. That's when registration for the reunion audition starts. If open-call appointments don't start the same day, it will probably be a week later.

Yeah, I'm worried that I might not get a chance again this year :(.

Oh well.

How has becoming a scareactor affected the event for you? I enjoy this event a lot, and don't want to enjoy it any less than I do now by becoming a scareactor. It makes me wonder how differently I'll perceive everything, if I am able to get a role.

Considering I never attended an event before becoming a scareactor I can't vouch a lot for any changes in perception of the event, but I can tell you the differences between how most scareactors attend the event compared to others I've seen.

Scareactors, I feel, seem to have more fun with the event. There's a level of appreciation for the techniques in scares that doesn't come from any other segment of the audience (including the hardcore HHN fans who simply attend). A group of scareactors are more inclined to talk the entire way through a house or zone, wait for scares to happen, and applaud really good ones. We very seldomly get surprised or startled, simply because we have a really good idea of what to look for ("Oh, look. A light is shining on that door right there. I'll turn around."). Because of that, we want to be targeted more than we are. Other scareactors will judge your approach, the scare, your linger and your withdrawal. We are concerned about energy-level (especially at the end of the night when most of us go through houses) and, most importantly, staying in character.

Example - I HATE "Living Statue" scares. Creep me the hell out. Hate them. Hate them. Hate them. Last year while going through LT, me and two other Cats from the 'Combs enter the Atrium and I see the statue in the center of the room, and promptly announce, "I hate statue scares!" (Wanting to be targeted). Passed the first one, who chose not to go for use because he realized we were scareactors. Came up to the second statue (the female), the girl in our group was targeted, we jolted a bit from the startle and then we applauded her. As we exited the room, we raved, not about the scare itself, but about how she moved her hands after the scare. It was a fluid, realistic, withdrawal that fit the vibe of the house, her character and made us not want to go near her even though she was out in the open. It was a little thing that most guests won't ever notice, but it made all the difference in the world to us. It elevated her from simple scareactor to performer and was one of the coolest things I can remember ever seeing at the event.

It's hard to grasp just how much goes into a good scare until you get the opportunity to do it. There is strategy, technique, and method to every position. Even though houses tend to get a little tedious ("I'll go to my hole now..."), most scareactors will try to find a way to do something different every time.

No real change, for me at least. Having been a guest to (unfortunately just) three HHNs (99, 07, 08) before auditioning for 09 and last year (ABU both years), there was already an appreciation and respect for the event and scareactors. After being on the other side (scareactor) in 09, the appreciation and respect just grew not only for the event and scareactors but for the makeup artists, the people in charge of the costumes, and everyone else behind the scenes. For me the scares only got better. Only thing that really changed was seeing many, many, many, many, many more guests acting stupid and being A-holes than as a guest, and I saw a lot of that as a guest.