HHN XXI Construction

Is it me, or are those chairs in the 7 zone not going to last too long? They are wicker chairs...not the most sturdy pieces of furniture ever created.

They look cool & I hope they last the whole run.

Just sayin'.

;)

They should last if they keep them covered during the day or rain. At least there not where guests will be sitting on them. Wicker isn't the brightest choice though.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Scareactors with deadly weapons now that's scary. I don't think we'll see those flamethrowers (cool if we did though) but I agree they should extend the zone by adding actors on either side of the canyon itself. Also I hope they don't just leave it black. I was hoping it had some sort of canyon look like red rocks or something instead of just being black.

they had a scaracter with a flamethrower in a scarezone before

it was fixed and i dont see them carrying them around any time soon

but im just pointing out it has been done before

Is it me, or are those chairs in the 7 zone not going to last too long? They are wicker chairs...not the most sturdy pieces of furniture ever created.

They look cool & I hope they last the whole run.

Just sayin'.

;)

O.k., good to know it wasn't me thinking "wicker...seriously?" Either they bought a ton of wicker chairs for replacements or that is the strongest wicker made. Ever.

The first pic reminds me of the "Dogs" from Ghostbusters.

The gargoyles use to adorn the actual entrance arch to Orlando Universal Studios. I always wondered why they were removed and where they had gone. I would give ANYTHING to have these for the entrance to my driveway. I have kept pictures (taken of them when they were still there) with the hopes of tattooing them on my arms. Just happy to see them being put to good use.

The first pic reminds me of the "Dogs" from Ghostbusters.

Are you the Keymaster? : P

Is it me, or are those chairs in the 7 zone not going to last too long? They are wicker chairs...not the most sturdy pieces of furniture ever created.They look cool & I hope they last the whole run.Just sayin'.;)

Yeah, wicker... of all materials, go figure.

I'm imagining the Canyon will be extended with either

a) Lighting (at least)

B) Stilt-Walkers extending the row of "Lost Souls"

c) Floor-level actors

And I wonder if they'll treat you differently if you're loud than if you're quiet? They said on some facebook post that you should "tread lightly" as not to disturb them... but who knows?

As for 7, it DOES look a little... night club-ish. But the prospect of it changing overnight and the other roaming characters really makes it interesting to me, and a great photo-op area. And plus I can imagine a lot of "distraction" points... isn't that how they usually get people?

Oh, and P.S. I'm new here, I've never been to an event and I'm scared VERY easily... but all the same I love this event! The stories, the effects, and the performances are better every year! Well, that's what youtube videos show, at least!

I'm sure the chairs will be fine. They're out of reach of the public, and a lot of places are making wicker outdoor furniture and it actually lasts a lot. I think maybe they chose it because you can really form wicker into a ton of different shapes. Plus I'm sure when they painted them they also sealed them with something to help make them weather resistant. Even just the paint should help.

Edited by bmoz628

Maybe they went to Wicker R Us! ;)

I realize that it is light and won't take up too much room, but it's still wicker. Let's just hope they don't try to stand on in.....that will certainly end in disaster.

Unless it's that industrical strength outdoor stuff, give it a few nights and it'll be a pile o' wicker. And you could be right, maybe they took stock in Wicker R Us! ;)

Yeah, wicker... of all materials, go figure.

I know right? Next year perhaps paper mache! :)

Those gargoyles are a major piece of USF history. They used to be perched on either side of the old entrance arch.

800px-Universal01.jpg

Ah, my old school Universal archway...back when there was a massive parking lot with trams. I remember picking up a shift and working trams one night, good times, good times... B)

Completely unrelated to anything but what the heck is up with the Brown Derby back there?

Oh wow, I didn't even notice but yes, it has seen better days. Maybe THAT should have been the Acid Assault area? :D

Edited by MahB

I've heard rumors that the arch stuff went up last night. Someone get over there now! B)

You can find the images on Rumors' construction thread. No idea if I'm allowed to link to them so I'll refrain from doing so, you all know where to look.

To those wanting description: It's most similar to 2008's setup. The screen is back (of course!) and is currently showing the blue roulette lights with proclamations of HHN's greatness & Stay'n'Scream tickets. The screen is the same size of last year's.

There are four poster-boards atop the arches, two on either side - the closest to the screen are an identical card with an image of Lady Luck. The further two cards are also identical, with the Halloween Horror Nights 21 logo. The "demon" version of Luck is nowhere to be seen - we'll probably see her in the big screen video!