HHN XXI Wishful Thinking

True... But I would think he would just be a creepy cameo. Or a diversion like you have to walk down a hallway and he is at the end of the hallway... then they could get you from somewhere else. I don't think he would stand up as a house of his own as you don't know anything about him really.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I love Myths. Ancient, modern, urban, or viral I am fascinated by them.

I've been watching a particular online viral/ceepy pasta called "Slender Man" lately. While it is complely made up... it's still freaky as all get out to me. Something about faceless people I guess.

It would be cool for him to make an appearance. Not to mention he reminds me of the Body Collectors.

The_Slender_Man_by_Pirate_Cashoo.jpg?1262500785

Oh god Jeramy, why???? Haha. Someone posted about Slenderman on the Rumors forum (Cody, perhaps?) a while back as some wishful thinking. I'd never heard of it before. Spent the whole rest of the night learning about Slenderman. Watched the first episode of the Marbles series and decided to put that off for a time when I wasn't by myself in a dark basement. *shivers*

It's such a simple concept, and even though I know it's entirely made up, it really creeps me out. Just mentioning having a Slenderman lurking in a corner or in the background gives me goosebumps. Not enough to have a whole house built off the concept, but having a Slenderman cameo would probably give me nightmares for months.

Speaking of Creepy Pasta, Candle Cove house! Only thing that has un-nerved me in years.

Yeah Candle Cove is another creepy one. I don't know how it would translate into a house. though if I saw a dude in that mask it would freak me out.

Oh god Jeramy, why???? Haha. Someone posted about Slenderman on the Rumors forum (Cody, perhaps?) a while back as some wishful thinking. I'd never heard of it before. Spent the whole rest of the night learning about Slenderman. Watched the first episode of the Marbles series and decided to put that off for a time when I wasn't by myself in a dark basement. *shivers*

It's such a simple concept, and even though I know it's entirely made up, it really creeps me out. Just mentioning having a Slenderman lurking in a corner or in the background gives me goosebumps. Not enough to have a whole house built off the concept, but having a Slenderman cameo would probably give me nightmares for months.

See... That confirms it Should be there :)

Edited by JWFearman

Yeah Candle Cove is another creepy one. I don't know how it would translate into a house. though if I saw a dude in that mask it would freak me out.

See... That confirms it Should be there :)

I definitely agree. I would love it and hate it at the same time! Sometimes the implied portions of horror are far scarier than the in-your-face "BOO" style of horror.

It wasn't me who posted it, but I was also the one to respond to it on there with the same thing as I said on the previous page.

Hmmmm......maybe a Creepypasta house?

Edited by Cody

Slenderman is a great idea. Not a house, but a scarezone with heavy fog.. Would be very, very frighting.

What about a year of urban legends and myths? Slenderman, Bloody Mary, Bunny Man, "Human Hunters".. Stuff like that. Could be fun!

Shhh... :lol: You're suppose to play along...

Whereas I do sometimes play along with such things, *adjusting special 3D glasses*, I think there is a time and place for that, and this thread is not appropriate for that.

But as I said, sometimes when making a silly joke I have hit close to the mark, as my friends among the Doctor Who fans have recently discovered.

What would be really cool would be if they made a Candlejack house. The haunted house would being when people see on the map or at the facade and imminently ask the obvious question. "Who is Candlejack?" And before you kno

LOL! Is it bad that I thought about a CandleJack house the other da

Edited by JWFearman

I would really like to see a house based on the book House of Leaves, by Mark Z. Danielewski. I imagine it being an actual maze that is really dark and small with the scareactors literally in the walls of the maze. It would be pretty cool.

LOL! Is it bad that I thought about a CandleJack house the other da

Wait, I don't understand why everyone is stopping mid-word. Does it have something to do with CandleJack? Is this an inside jo

I would really like to see a house based on the book House of Leaves, by Mark Z. Danielewski. I imagine it being an actual maze that is really dark and small with the scareactors literally in the walls of the maze. It would be pretty cool.

I love the album by Poe inspired by that book. Especially "

I think that would be a clever house. The unothodox style of the book itself would make for an excellent website. Various notes and things to read through with footnotes that have footnotes.

- Through all windows I see only infinity

Edited by JWFearman