The Coven

Mark M.

59116_446484243232_126469058232_5231572_7524325_n.jpg.b6da57c907e2cf4cf3bf3f8e2c0be8ac.jpg

The Cult of the Raven has unsettled spirits, and its Sirens are screaming throughout the witches’ realm. As you creep past their obelisk, beware their spells. For those who don’t believe will be condemned to death!

Where there are 5 sacred to the Raven, virtue is with the obelisk, for if you don’t believe you will be condemned to Death!

I felt like this scarezone had NO lighting at all, just fog. IT NEEDS MORE LIGHTING!! I could barely see anything, and those costumes are gorgeous! I did love the one guy burning at the stake, saying he was roasting like a chicken. But seriously, there just isn't enough lighting to the point of it being a hazard.

I felt like this scarezone had NO lighting at all, just fog. IT NEEDS MORE LIGHTING!! I could barely see anything, and those costumes are gorgeous! I did love the one guy burning at the stake, saying he was roasting like a chicken. But seriously, there just isn't enough lighting to the point of it being a hazard.

Agreed, Kim. As a scareactor in this street, the very little light/heavy fog combo made for many moments where I honestly could not see anything. I sincerely hope they fix this before tomorrow night because I hated standing around like a dummy, but I definitely didn't want to attempt to scare if I couldn't even see.

Agreed, Kim. As a scareactor in this street, the very little light/heavy fog combo made for many moments where I honestly could not see anything. I sincerely hope they fix this before tomorrow night because I hated standing around like a dummy, but I definitely didn't want to attempt to scare if I couldn't even see.

I loved your zone! And I would have to agree with the low lighting problem.. we were walking through the fog, and all of a sudden there were two of you right in front of me, and honestly, scared me shitless.

Casey

I loved your zone! And I would have to agree with the low lighting problem.. we were walking through the fog, and all of a sudden there were two of you right in front of me, and honestly, scared me shitless.

Casey

I'm glad you liked it :) We had some extra hags in our street that night. Firecrew girls who needed roles to fill. So I'm wondering if we'll have that many hags every night now, or if the firecrew girls will move on to other roles.

It seems like this year the lighting has been halved in some areas. In the Orfanage I felt some rooms were too dim and fog filled. Granted, I LOVE CO2 fog like crazy, but sometimes it just seems a little dangerous. I think after this weekend it might be improved in some areas. Can't wait to walk your Zone, Marty!!

I like the runes on some of the pieces in this area. I've only seen it during the day, but I'm sure the effect at night is thrilling.

Edited by SamanthaHaine

Based on the advance word this Scarezone apparently portrays a reversal of the events of Salem Village with the tables turned on those who carried out the Witch Trials.

This has a personal appeal to me as it directly involves my family.

I am a Salem descendant. Descended from no less than three Salem Witches.

Susannah Martin was my 9th Great Grandmother, on 19 July 1692 she was hung as a witch on Gallows Hill in Salem Village.

John Proctor was my 11th Great Uncle, he was hung as a witch one month later on August 19, he is the lead character of Arthur Miller's play The Crucible.

Mary Bradbury was my 11th Great Aunt, she was tried and convicted as a witch but somehow managed to escape from jail. Thanks to this fortunate twist of fate she lived to be the ancestor of my cousin Ray who has written many very good books.

Therefore to see those who persecuted and murdered my foremothers and forefathers receive just retribution gives me a strong feeling of satisfaction. I cannot wait to delight to this zone tonight!

REVENGE FOR THE BLOOD OF THE ANCESTORS!!!!

I started laughing uncontrollably at the guy when he said that, and then he started going all "WHYYY! WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING AT MY PAAIIIN" and I just about died laughing.

Based on the advance word this Scarezone apparently portrays a reversal of the events of Salem Village with the tables turned on those who carried out the Witch Trials.

Susannah Martin was my 9th Great Grandmother, on 19 July 1692 she was hung as a witch on Gallows Hill in Salem Village.

John Proctor was my 11th Great Uncle, he was hung as a witch one month later on August 19, he is the lead character of Arthur Miller's play The Crucible.

Mary Bradbury was my 11th Great Aunt, she was tried and convicted as a witch but somehow managed to escape from jail. Thanks to this fortunate twist of fate she lived to be the ancestor of my cousin Ray who has written many very good books.

Therefore to see those who persecuted and murdered my foremothers and forefathers receive just retribution gives me a strong feeling of satisfaction. I cannot wait to delight to this zone tonight!

This post is full of so much win, I cannot fathom it.

I can assure you, your ancestors will be avenged :) I just had a Romeo and Juliet moment and imagined you standing in the middle of my street screaming "all are punished!"

Someone REALLY needs to remind one of the villagers how to stay in character. The burning man on the Muerte side was just standing there, looking bored. He actually took his arms down from being "tied up" to fan himself with his hat. Really? Is it lukewarm fire?

Well, you gotta imagine how boring it must be up there, and how uncomfortable it is.. I wouldn't mind if he was able to take his arms downs and jump towards people a little bit. Otherwise he's just standing there doing nothing. They should have had dummies up there and had a few of them all bloodied up screaming "Help me!" on the ground being chased by withes.

Well, you gotta imagine how boring it must be up there, and how uncomfortable it is.. I wouldn't mind if he was able to take his arms downs and jump towards people a little bit. Otherwise he's just standing there doing nothing. They should have had dummies up there and had a few of them all bloodied up screaming "Help me!" on the ground being chased by withes.

Being a scareactor isn't a comfortable job, and sometimes it's boring. I never saw the other victim slip out of character. When you just start looking bored and not even TRYING to do anything every single time I see you, why did you even audition?

Being a scareactor isn't a comfortable job, and sometimes it's boring. I never saw the other victim slip out of character. When you just start looking bored and not even TRYING to do anything every single time I see you, why did you even audition?

I agree.. But I also think they should have used dummies. They could have made them look burnt and then have the REAL guys on the ground actually scaring. But, that's just me.

Edited by Goo

That's so cool Dr.Jimmy and it is very convenient how our teacher in English made us read the Crucible for the past two weeks. I'm so pumped for this sz now.

I agree.. But I also think they should have used dummies. They could have made them look burnt and then have the REAL guys on the ground actually scaring. But, that's just me.

I would have liked the dummies, but you can have some good interaction and scenes with the live actors.

Someone REALLY needs to remind one of the villagers how to stay in character. The burning man on the Muerte side was just standing there, looking bored. He actually took his arms down from being "tied up" to fan himself with his hat. Really? Is it lukewarm fire?

:cough: FIRECREW :cough:

And no, that's not a pun. I think I know who you mean, and there were multiple issues with this person. I cannot say enough about our other puritan though. He is fantastic and we all adore him.

:cough: FIRECREW :cough:

And no, that's not a pun. I think I know who you mean, and there were multiple issues with this person. I cannot say enough about our other puritan though. He is fantastic and we all adore him.

That's crazy, all of our firecrew have been really cool people, they have been hoping that they get permed in the position, and doing a great job for no rehearsal.

I know some positions can get monotonous but it's bad when our guests have paid the money they paid for SA's like that to ruin it for them, shame

Yes, the other victim was great. Last night the second villager (not the one I criticized) was actually acting, and I'm glad that they've started getting some scares by pretending to break free of the spell long enough to burst forward and beg for help. They move so fast sometimes that I'm afraid they'll fall off!

Also, the hags outside the huts have been getting better at getting scares. There's a lot less standing around and looking ugly.

win jimmy to me as far i seen it it is my favorite i like that is an a cool classic horrror icon based zone based on witches which me exicited to go on oct 30 and oct 31 come on hurrry up already to horror nights

This is a truly great Scarezone, the actors look great, the set is amazing, not many scares but that is ok, I never get scared on zones so I love when the zones look really good and the actors look good

I love the witches with their eye in their hands, really cool, I love the crows everywhere,

the only thing I didn't really liked was the victims, The actors are really funny and cool, but I think I rather have them walking around burned or bloody looking

I also Agree they should have put Burned dummies hanging, burned dummies, the actors standing in the fire looks too fake, and they could be walking around, the only thing I didn't like was that

besides it is really great!!!