Universal and HHN NEED this idea and it's unfortunately Howl o Scream beat them to it...

I posted this topic on another forum and I just wanted the opinion of people on this one as well...

Alright so I've never been to Howl O Scream...I've heard it isn't worth it...but from what I can understand they have done something this year that HHN has NEVER come close to.

They're offering a specialty haunted house for $25 extra that you go into alone (they didn't use the greatest creative minds to name the house....ALONE).

"With no one ahead of you and no one behind you, are you brave enough to navigate this lunatic’s labyrinth alone— or will you choose up to three of your fearless friends to have at your side? Survive solo and you’ll wear your bragging rights on your sleeve with an exclusive ALONE t-shirt."

How great would it be to go into a house without any slow moving line in front or in back of you and to really feel some terror?

This house alone (no pun intended) is going to probably pull me down to Tampa to check out Howl o Scream for the very first time.

THIS is the creative idea I want from Universal!

I'm glad you posted this, I kept wondering about this house when I first heard about it, But in HHN you Don' t need this type of house to go in a house by yourself,

You just need to know when to go, there are some times that houses are totally empty, specially late at night near closing time, or if you are first in line when they open,

well, ok about this idea, it could work, but 25 bucks for going to a house once, I don't like it, if the house is really cool, you won't remember it unless you pay more

if the house sucks you're going to be disappointed, the idea i like it for HHN only if they sold a pass with the frequent fear pass so that you could go once every night or something,

Wow. I have only been to HOS once in 2007 and I didn't like it at all. I was kinda bored with it. I just looked at the site for this year and it made me laugh. It seems more funny then scary, imo. It kinda looks like it would be for pre teens, with the whole Revenge Rocks and rocker chic theme. If I could just go in the Alone House I would do it. But I wouldn't pay for a ticket into the event and then a ticket into the Alone house. I don't think the event looks even a little bit scary. I will stick to HHN. Im interested in what it is like, so will check back later.

I'd be to scared to go alone, honestly.

Me too!

Humiliating, shameful admission time:

When I was going into Doomsday in 2008, I was alone when I entered the House, but I was so afraid of getting nailed by everyone that I waited for someone else to catch up to me before proceeding!

• 2 weeks later...

It really is a good idea, especially for the people who want to spring the cash for the experience. I hope they don't skimp on that special house. They could make some serious money if it has good scares. I mean really, if people are willing to pay $9.00 per drink, what is a $25.00 for a house AND t-shirt....

Wow. I have only been to HOS once in 2007 and I didn't like it at all. I was kinda bored with it. I just looked at the site for this year and it made me laugh. It seems more funny then scary, imo. It kinda looks like it would be for pre teens, with the whole Revenge Rocks and rocker chic theme. If I could just go in the Alone House I would do it. But I wouldn't pay for a ticket into the event and then a ticket into the Alone house. I don't think the event looks even a little bit scary. I will stick to HHN. Im interested in what it is like, so will check back later.

well yeah like debenbrie said, You have to pay the howl-o scream ticket Plus the 25 dollars to go in the alone house just once, I don't know, I guess is ok that they did it,

but I hate this idea and I really hope HHN Never does something like this, it would be awful

just imagining not being able to go to a house, (specially a really good house) more than once or twice is just dreadful, the more I think about it the more i dislike it...

Edited by black7mask

Its an interesting idea, but not an original one. I've heard of several places that do this, and the lines become ridiculous. But, i wouldn't mind spending the extra $25 for a tshirt (I'm big on collectible stuff, sue me). Overall though, if it was a toss up between HHN Fastpass money and that money going towards the HOS house, Fastpass wins

Little Lesson time a number of years ago HHN came up with the concept of an extreme House, It even made it to the local news sadly HHN never came through with the house. It is a very tough concept to try and pull off. HOS is at least attempting to try it, I have done both events for a number of years 13 with HHN and 8 with HOS and I have already bought my ticket to do alone. Which I will be doing Alone. I will say this and see if it comes true, If this concept works watch for HHN to attempt it soon. Oh and if you think both events don't look at the other for ideas, Look at scarzones from Hos last year and look at a certain Day of the Dead based scarezone at HHN this year.

I say kudo to HOS for going the extra mile and putting together a house like this one! It's nice to see them stepping up their game and bringing something unique (to this area at least) to the table. HHN and HOS are such different events that it's always cool to see what each of them come up with every year to entice visitors.

Guest lurking_grue

the idea i like it for HHN only if they sold a pass with the frequent fear pass so that you could go once every night or something,

I'm thinking something along those lines might be do-able. I agree that one time through a house, you're just going to miss a lot of stuff, and no way I'd shell out $25 a pop for 10 trips through during the month. But if they had an add-on to the FFP (like they do now with plus and express), that would allow you to go through once a night - that just might work! I guess it depends on how successful the Alone house is this year.

Why pay $25 for something you can do with good timing and multiple houses?

Universal has had this idea since the 90s. TJ, in fact, has been very adamant about wanting an extreme house. If you go to the VIP Lounge on September 30th, you can learn all about it. I know for a fact that since at least 1997 TJ has wanted this, and early houses had the "pulsed" lines and were able to take advantage of that for better scares.

The biggest problem with a house like this is the lines. Dungeon of Terror in 1991 had a line stretching to three hours, which is almost unheard of today, and they sent in groups. If you send in only 1-3 people in at a time, the lines become horrific. You'll probably spend a good chunk of your night just waiting in line for a single house.

I actually think Legal has been the biggest obstacle to TJ getting an extreme house. You can't be completely sane and work at a Halloween event, after all.

Why pay $25 for something you can do with good timing and multiple houses?

I'd be curious to know what house(s) you got to go through on your first trip through completely alone. I've been going to the event nine years and have gone every night of the FFP in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2009 and only been through a couple of houses alone and certainly never my first trip through.

I'd be curious to know what house(s) you got to go through on your first trip through completely alone. I've been going to the event nine years and have gone every night of the FFP in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2009 and only been through a couple of houses alone and certainly never my first trip through.

[/quote

i got all the house done but one friday night.im sure if i didnt ride mummy 5 times jaws twice and simpsons once i could have done that house.i did do all the s/z.SAWS AND STEAM IS THE BEST S/Z THIS YEAR!!!!!

I've been by myself in a house almost every year. I always try to do a house in the back of the part at HHN just as the park is opening or is closing. Has yet to fail me. Last year I got to do SAW and Silver Screams with no one else in the house with me besides my friend.

From a few minutes ago on Roddy's FB:

In all my years of involvement in the Halloween industry, I have to tell you that Alone at Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream was the best experience.

As Peter Griffin once said, "That's all the motivation I need to actually do this".

Except he was talking about flying a pickup truck using Jet fuel....