HHN XX Speculation II

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would pee.

I would consider Cindy to be "new", being she's never actually been used before. As long as she isn't used in ScreamHouse, all would be new. But, in the story, she didn't go to a school, she was home schooled and lonely. She befriended the corpses, so what if her home school is of a bunch of corpses in school uniforms, and one in a Valedictorian gown?

Although, I must say I don't fully believe Cindy will be in this house.

maybe there was some type of school fire and the corpses have been brough to the funeral home and sh has now befriended and ressurected them to real havoc on all of us??

Just speculating, as we've said none of us know at this point.

New Orleans vampires. Bah. Don't like it. Not that it isn't necessarily true, but I am sick to death with the whole Anne Rice goth vampire thing. She's the one that ruined vampires IMHO, Twilight just pushed the stake in a little deeper. And twisted it. Besides, Universal already had their last word on vampire houses at HHN14 with Castle Vampyr. Sure there have been vampire houses since, but none have even been fit to hold Vampyr's cape. And so what if the vampires are in New Orleans, Paris, Tokyo, or the frigging moon? Vampires are vampires and they bore me, for the most part. Not saying they can't be made interesting (True Blood!) but by and large, been there, seen that. But...

I LOOOVE the idea of a Voodoo-themed house. Love it long time. Somewhat in the style of the Hallow, it could be a trip through the REAL mythology of the bayou. New Orleans has an embarrassingly rich tradition of the supernatural...why attempt to transpose some sort of silly mall goth wish fulfillment fantasy on top of it? There is MORE than enough there for a house. And remember, zombies originated in the voodoo tradition. Anyone ever see "The Serpent and the Rainbow"? A voodoo house could be SWEET!

Meh, it'll probably be vampires, tho...

Oh, and Pha Q, love the videos, man.

Edited by Bsquare

Mardi Gras... in San Francisco... Okay. hah!

If there really is a scarezone in SF, does that mean that we won't have a scarezone where Containment and Path of the Wicked were? (I'm kicking myself right now because I can't remember the name of the street) Every traditional scarezone location in the park has a scareactor role except for that street.

Mardi Gras... in San Francisco... Okay. hah!

If there really is a scarezone in SF, does that mean that we won't have a scarezone where Containment and Path of the Wicked were? (I'm kicking myself right now because I can't remember the name of the street) Every traditional scarezone location in the park has a scareactor role except for that street.

I highly doubt they'd discontinue using the Plaza of the Stars - that's the main thoroughfare most guests take upon arriving to the event. It sounds like San Francisco will actually be an addition to the usual assortment of zones, bringing the total up to 7 - which would be awesome, IMO. The dead space between Mummy all the way to the end of Central Park has always felt weak.

I highly doubt they'd discontinue using the Plaza of the Stars - that's the main thoroughfare most guests take upon arriving to the event. It sounds like San Francisco will actually be an addition to the usual assortment of zones, bringing the total up to 7 - which would be awesome, IMO. The dead space between Mummy all the way to the end of Central Park has always felt weak.

Plaza of the Stars! Yes, I remember the name now. hah!

I think it would be a bad decision to leave that area blank, too. An additional scarezone sounds like a good plan. :)

Well, that pretty much negates any belief that the Disaster house will be centered around the marvelous misadventures of a chainsaw-wielding psychopath wearing a Hannibal-styled mask. The idea of it being a Mardi Gras-themed house also makes a bit more sense now considering two roles in that particular house lie within the codenames of "Carny" and "Clown". My guess is a trek through the streets of New Orleans given the fact that one scene is in a proposed body shop, yet I think it sounds a bit too similar to the abysmal Blood Bath maze from '07, what with the possibility of goth-styled vampires stalking the streets of SF. Maybe this will give them the opportunity to reuse the Mardi Gras floats as makeshift props for that particular scare zone, assuming they'd really want to "break them in", so to speak, to give them that HHN feel to them.

Mardi Gras and New Orleans?

Personally I would like to see vampires and zombies, (remember these would be Voodoo style zombies NOT flesh-eating Romero zombies!), Marie Laveau, and all the supernatural legends of New Orleans.

Pirate Ghosts, Mayfair Witches, Swamp Monsters, Shapeshifters and all manner of Bayou critters have stalked the crescent city in folklore and fiction. And let us not forget a certain hot HBO series!

But I was thrown by the mechanic garage in the Disaster Queue house, how could that fit in with this carnival Louis and Lestat etc. scenario?

then it hit me... ZOMBIE GARAGE!!!!!

Somebody at A&D listens to The Horrors!

A few of my friends got cast at Plaza(Avenue) of the Stars. So yes there is a scarezone there as well this year.

Then this confirms 7 rather than the 6 we were told at Hauntcon.

1. Plaza of the Stars

2. Hollywood Blvd.

3. Mel's Diner

4. Shrek Alley

5. NY Street

6. Kidzone

7. San Francisco

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Sirens have been written as both bird creatures and sea creatures. I wonder what form the sirens in Shrek Alley will take.

I am almost positive that is where they had the flying monkeys a few years ago so I am guessing bird creatures.

Maybe universal is listening to those surveys because i always try to let them know that the area there is dead and they should do something there.

I am almost positive that is where they had the flying monkeys a few years ago so I am guessing bird creatures.

No the monkeys flew across Plaza of the Stars between Jimmy Neutron and Shrek.

Shrek Alley is the area around the corner from there, the little alley way that runs towards Mel's. In 2008 when Path of the Wicked was in Plaza of the Stars, Shrek Alley was inhabited by American Gothic.

Personally I would like to see vampires and zombies, (remember these would be Voodoo style zombies NOT flesh-eating Romero zombies!), Marie Laveau, and all the supernatural legends of New Orleans.

Pirate Ghosts, Mayfair Witches, Swamp Monsters, Shapeshifters and all manner of Bayou critters have stalked the crescent city in folklore and fiction. And let us not forget a certain hot HBO series!

But I was thrown by the mechanic garage in the Disaster Queue house, how could that fit in with this carnival Louis and Lestat etc. scenario?

Um Dr. Jimmy that HBO show is set in Northern Louisiana by Sherveport which is like 5 to 6 years away from New Orleans. I live outside of NOLA so the promixity thing may not work. Plus that's vampire lore and the lore of vamipres in New Orleans is really different so i don't know if they would work completely together smoothly

The idea of having vampires in this "Mardis Gras" themed area isn't such a far fetched idea. I mean, let's think for a moment: thanks for people like Anne Rice, places like Louisianna have become synonamous with vampires. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see a couple fangers lurking about the voodoo festivities. And although it would be incredible for an avid reader like me, I doubt we'll see Lestat and Louis (although, thinking back to the book "interview with a vampire", there was a vampire carnival troupe of sorts, but if I recall correctly they were French and based IN France, so that nixs the whole thing all together. Oh well....maybe some day xD)

Btw, random tidbit here, I was in a video store today and came across a film from "8 films to die for" collection called "Nightmare Man." It's about some sort of demon thing. I'm going to do more research on it now. Not saying it has anything to do with our scarezone code name, but its just a thought :P

Idk about you guys though, but the more and more speuclation I read for this year, the more and more I'm starting to think Universal just may have outdid itself :] Im liking what I'm reading and I have a feeling we're all on the right track :P

New Orleans vampires. Bah. Don't like it. Not that it isn't necessarily true, but I am sick to death with the whole Anne Rice goth vampire thing. She's the one that ruined vampires IMHO, Twilight just pushed the stake in a little deeper. And twisted it. Besides, Universal already had their last word on vampire houses at HHN14 with Castle Vampyr. Sure there have been vampire houses since, but none have even been fit to hold Vampyr's cape. And so what if the vampires are in New Orleans, Paris, Tokyo, or the frigging moon? Vampires are vampires and they bore me, for the most part. Not saying they can't be made interesting (True Blood!) but by and large, been there, seen that. But...

I LOOOVE the idea of a Voodoo-themed house. Love it long time. Somewhat in the style of the Hallow, it could be a trip through the REAL mythology of the bayou. New Orleans has an embarrassingly rich tradition of the supernatural...why attempt to transpose some sort of silly mall goth wish fulfillment fantasy on top of it? There is MORE than enough there for a house. And remember, zombies originated in the voodoo tradition. Anyone ever see "The Serpent and the Rainbow"? A voodoo house could be SWEET!

Meh, it'll probably be vampires, tho...

Oh, and Pha Q, love the videos, man.

Ah, but Dark Shadows did the moody, emo vampire thing long before Anne did. You should blame Jonathan Frid. At least Anne's vampires actually eat people and have a semi-sexual identidy!

Voodoo stuff would be interesting, but I can see it veering into the ridiculousness of what most American's think it is. What I would like to see is the possession by the loas and perhaps a battle for....what? What could they possibly want? I don't know, but I might think of something. It would be brilliant if they did a house about Mardi Gras and voodoo. All anyone ever shows is the parades and Bourbon Street; the more interesting stuff is in the alleys between the St. Louis Cathedral and down towards the end of Decatur Street. I'd love to see the house move from the party down to the darker parts of the French Quarter. A house set in the bayous would be nice, too. I really like the idea of an old plantation manor overrun by zombies under the control of a loa (or two! Papa Legba vs Papa Limba-good vs. evil) or vampires, anything really. Yeah, it's trite, but it's hellafun.

I remember a magic and witchcraft supply shop down from my apartment on Magazine St that seemed to never have any business, but always had a couple of elderly black ladies sitting outside fanning themselves. I went in once and the shelves were very empty except for some very basic and harmless herbs, candles, and incenses. There were two curtained doorways behind the counter, and a very tall white man came through one of them. He looked like a hippie and was almost as out of place as I was, but he sold me some incense and was very friendly. As I left, one of the ladies in the front said that I would be allowed back in and that I should come on a new moon....it was kinda cool but very creepy. I think I was working the night of the new moon, but I would have been too chickenshit to go, anyway.

Mae

Edited by Mae

If Jesse James shows up, I'll leave. (does anyone else remember Monster Garage?)

Delphine Lalaurie, now that was a crazy heifer! (At least in legend, but she doesn't sound all that great in truth, either.) She could make a NOLA house scary; not just her victims but she herself. She was so beautiful yet so damned evil. If she came back and was using the skills she learned in that townhouse on Royal Street to fight off the ghosts and vengeful spirits of the slaves that she tortured in the 1800's.

Mae

Mae

The idea of having vampires in this "Mardis Gras" themed area isn't such a far fetched idea. I mean, let's think for a moment: thanks for people like Anne Rice, places like Louisianna have become synonamous with vampires. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see a couple fangers lurking about the voodoo festivities. And although it would be incredible for an avid reader like me, I doubt we'll see Lestat and Louis (although, thinking back to the book "interview with a vampire", there was a vampire carnival troupe of sorts, but if I recall correctly they were French and based IN France, so that nixs the whole thing all together. Oh well....maybe some day xD)

Btw, random tidbit here, I was in a video store today and came across a film from "8 films to die for" collection called "Nightmare Man." It's about some sort of demon thing. I'm going to do more research on it now. Not saying it has anything to do with our scarezone code name, but its just a thought :P

Idk about you guys though, but the more and more speuclation I read for this year, the more and more I'm starting to think Universal just may have outdid itself :] Im liking what I'm reading and I have a feeling we're all on the right track :P

Theatres des Vampires was the name, and they had their own theater in Paris where they would use their 'powers' to perform for an audience. They would murder people onstage as part of their act and the audience would only think it was pretend. Pretty inventive. That would make an interesting house, too, but I doubt that Anne would let that slide. She's old and trying to get into Heaven now.

Mae

No the monkeys flew across Plaza of the Stars between Jimmy Neutron and Shrek.

Shrek Alley is the area around the corner from there, the little alley way that runs towards Mel's. In 2008 when Path of the Wicked was in Plaza of the Stars, Shrek Alley was inhabited by American Gothic.

I stand corrected my bad good thing I put that almost in there.

I just remembered something.

A while back someone, Chad I think, posted that Universal had renewed their trademark on the name "Festival of the Dead". This led many to suspect and/or hope for a return of the parade this year. These hopes were soon dashed however when it was pointed out quite succinctly that logistics would make the parade nearly impossible to carry off, most notably the gates through which the floats would have to emerge and return backstage would be blocked off by the queue areas for the houses as they now stand.

But now that we know that there will be a scarezone with an apparent Mardi Gras theme in San Francisco it may just be that the name Festival of the Dead has been re-secured by Universal so that they may name this new scarezone in honor of the old parade.

Thus the scarezone would encompass many themes from the original parade which appeared in 1996. Now go to the HHN website in the Legacy section click on Early Years and then click on the first video which shows that first parade from 1996 and what do you see?

A float with a sacrificial victim surrounded by priestesses wrapped in the embrace of snakes decorated with a large African Mask.

A float with Vampires that look like they stepped right out of Anne Rice including one that is a spitting image of Lestat.

A float with Voodoo celebrants worshiping the Snake God Damballa emblazoned with the words "Gris-Gris".

Many parade scareactors including attractive bare chested men and scantily clad ladies dressed as masked demons, witches, skeletons etc. all tossing out Mardi Gras beads.

It was all themed to match a haunted New Orleans Mardi Gras! This could easily be adapted into our new scarezone.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

The best smells for me were the smells in dead silence i thought the smells were perfect for that house and the popcorn smell from silver screams, i would love to go through the jaws queue and smell that burnt would (creepy)

I don't remember which house, I don't know if it was the caretaker's house in 06, But There was a house that had a Room that smelled like dirt really strongly, like fresh dirt, That was my favorite smell, it was really scary too.

I hope they can add the burning smell to the house this year

I don't remember which house, I don't know if it was the caretaker's house in 06, But There was a house that had a Room that smelled like dirt really strongly, like fresh dirt, That was my favorite smell, it was really scary too.

I hope they can add the burning smell to the house this year

The Hallow in 2008 had such an earthy smell.

If Jesse James shows up, I'll leave. (does anyone else remember Monster Garage?)

Delphine Lalaurie, now that was a crazy heifer! (At least in legend, but she doesn't sound all that great in truth, either.) She could make a NOLA house scary; not just her victims but she herself. She was so beautiful yet so damned evil. If she came back and was using the skills she learned in that townhouse on Royal Street to fight off the ghosts and vengeful spirits of the slaves that she tortured in the 1800's.

Mae

Mae

I totally second a Delphine Lalaurie house. That story has scared me shitless since I was a little kid.