Our Very Own HHN Event

AgentOfChaos93

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, haven't been on in a while. Last week I had to deal with some jury duty thing and plus work and other things kept getting in the way. I don't mind if you want to use the creatures as a house instead and replace it with the mutated bugs. It still fits with the theme of the zone. Alien Invasion is alright too. HHNFan sent me a lot of the ideas for Bill and Ted that we brainstormed, so expect that coming up when we get to write it. I have a lot of the ideas swimming around in my head for it!

I really love Dr. Phibes house idea! I'd love to use it! And it's could be considered the dark humor house aswell.

I just down't know about a mutant bug house. It could work for sure, it just doesn't sound like a great house for the classic/traditinal halloween. I know not every house will stick to the skeletons/devils/witches/ect., but I just couldn't see that.

I do really like the Salem Witch scarezone. And with the description of the scarezone, I can now see it as a house. But if this is going to be a classic/traditional theme, we would need to see the green, hag witches somewhere. I guess they could be in Central Park, like the Witch Hut scarezone that a described a while back. It wouldn't be as big as the Salem scarezone, but it would be a place to see the traditnal witches.

I really love Dr. Phibes house idea! I'd love to use it! And it's could be considered the dark humor house aswell.

Thanks. I'm sorry I haven't delivered on the black magic concept. I was trying to think of an original angle to take with it, plus I've been planning a video project which has a deadline, so I had to check my priorities. Hopefully, though, I can deliver in a timely manner.

When I was just looking at my tree I realized something. I guess since the top looks cut down, it could emphasize that the tree was much much bigger. It really only shows about 3/10 of what the tree could have been. Build around that for the scarezone's backstory.

EDIT: "well maybe not a general insect maze for this event, but a spider maze would work."

I guess I could do a spider, bat, raven, and black cat house.

Edited by The Director of Horror

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a 2011 mock event. I would think about a getting everything decided by the first weekend of April. If anyone is interested, post here it here, or feel free to PM me.

I'd be in for it as long as we have a concrete theme; I was reading the previous one and it looked like there was some arguing over theming.

We could either have a set theme or make it like 2010 or 2004 where we just use whatever good ideas we can think of. Sometimes with a specific theme and storyline you can end up grasping when it comes to one last scarezone or house.

Personally, I've got an excellent idea for a house inspired by Call of Duty: Black Ops. Think S.S. Frightanic: Carnage Crew with a.......frosty twist.

I also agree that last time we were trying to hard to come up with a theme for the entire event and people were often like 'oh this wouldn't sell' and it's like 'geez people, it's not real' I know people want a touch of realism to get as close to an HHN/HOS event as possible, but you gotta step back and think 'eh, it's just our imagination' putting too much of a strictness on our imaginations won't help. I mean, I know we're not going to be like 'and the scare actors use reel chainsawz and cut pepple up lolol'

if we come up with an event and not worry so much about theme unless we come up with a real concrete idea, I am in. Got a few house ideas of my own swimming around anyway!

I like the idea of getting at least one video-game house, a movie-based house and the rest original ideas.

wouldn't mind seeing a house or scarezone centered around the storyline of 'The Crazies' with crazy redneck residents having their water supply contaminated and making them go crazy.

a house based on DOOM(plenty of hideous creatures to put in the house, and settings too!)

another idea is a slight nod to 'Leave it to Cleaver' I've never seen HHN do a Bakery. I can just imagine the queue, smelling that sweet bakery smell and throughout the house too mmmm

A scarezone or could be a house I got an idea from visiting Ripley's were these circus sideshow freaks gone bad.

I also agree that last time we were trying to hard to come up with a theme for the entire event and people were often like 'oh this wouldn't sell' and it's like 'geez people, it's not real' I know people want a touch of realism to get as close to an HHN/HOS event as possible, but you gotta step back and think 'eh, it's just our imagination' putting too much of a strictness on our imaginations won't help. I mean, I know we're not going to be like 'and the scare actors use reel chainsawz and cut pepple up lolol'

if we come up with an event and not worry so much about theme unless we come up with a real concrete idea, I am in. Got a few house ideas of my own swimming around anyway!

I like the idea of getting at least one video-game house, a movie-based house and the rest original ideas.

wouldn't mind seeing a house or scarezone centered around the storyline of 'The Crazies' with crazy redneck residents having their water supply contaminated and making them go crazy.

a house based on DOOM(plenty of hideous creatures to put in the house, and settings too!)

another idea is a slight nod to 'Leave it to Cleaver' I've never seen HHN do a Bakery. I can just imagine the queue, smelling that sweet bakery smell and throughout the house too mmmm

A scarezone or could be a house I got an idea from visiting Ripley's were these circus sideshow freaks gone bad.

Would you be interested in helping us with this years mock event?

• 1 month later...

If anyone's still interested we could start planning this years event within the next month. We could use the same format as last year or, if its ok with the admins and moderators, we could find a way to make it into a contest. With the contest idea we could do it individually or break up into teams. Either way would work. This would require admin approval of course as well as some sort of prize for a winner. I would like to have a meeting in chat on May 14 at 9 PM for anyone who is interested in participating in the mock event this year. If anyone cannot not attend the "meeting" feel free to let me know and your name and what your preference to work on for the event will be put in the event. I know this is worded horribly, so if you have any questions feel free to leave a reply or PM me. Thanks