HHN XX Construction Updates

I think some of you guys were expecting more than whats really possible.. I mean, that's EXACTLY how I picture him. What else were you expecting other than stilts? I think he looks awesome!

Are we aloud to take pictures with him?

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some of you guys were expecting more than whats really possible.. I mean, that's EXACTLY how I picture him. What else were you expecting other than stilts? I think he looks awesome!

Are we aloud to take pictures with him?

I'm avoiding the video and stuff, but you can see a vauge outline and it's about what I figured they'd be able to do. Was hoping for something like dracula's wingspan in Underworld 2, but that would pretty much mean Fear wouldn't be able to walk around because he'd be knocking crap over and banging into everything. If he was just "hanging" between the X's like some speculated, I was hoping for a really impressive wingspan.

underworld-evolution1.jpg

My wife watched the vids and they really did give anything away so I went ahead and watched them. Is it just me but I can't pin point his facial features? I was trying to draw a full body pic of him and I just can't capture his face right. He seems to look different at different angles. I think he would be better without the nose.

anyways, yeah I'm sure everyone expects a 15 foot wingspan on weta legs but that just aint gonna happen. those minons are awesome though.

Edited by JWFearman

Is it just me but I can't pin point his facial features? I was trying to draw a full body pic of him and I just can't capture his face right. He seems to look different at different angles.

http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2010/09/22/photo-update-halloween-horror-nights-employee-preview-a-look-at-the-scare-zones-and-fear/

There are supposed to be some really clear pix of him there...but again, I'm trying to avoid seeing anything before I go a week from tonight! A friend sent me that link and I read the story (saw a pic or two in the article), but didn't look at the photos as the bottom. Might help you with your drawing.

Thanks for the link Oysterhead00 some pretty cool pics,

I don't know, for everything they could have done with Fear, he looks rather bad, kinda disappointing, what I mean is his clothes look kinda weird, and his makeup for his arm looks really odd too,

I kinda wish Fear looked better, I'm not talking about the wings or anything but, I mean for an Icon he looks more like just a character from a house or something, he doesn't look scary at all,

I think being an Icon they should have given him a better costume, Oh well,

My wife watched the vids and they really did give anything away so I went ahead and watched them. Is it just me but I can't pin point his facial features? I was trying to draw a full body pic of him and I just can't capture his face right. He seems to look different at different angles. I think he would be better without the nose.

anyways, yeah I'm sure everyone expects a 15 foot wingspan on weta legs but that just aint gonna happen. those minons are awesome though.

I totally agree with you JW! His minons look so sick!!

BTW did anyone see this video from Orlando Attractions?

Edited by hhn fan1214

That video has been here for a LONG time.

Really... how LONG was it... I love how when something isn't brand new, it's OLD news... Some people have lives and we may not have time to browse the web to catch the NEWEST stuff... I didnt see this until 2 days ago. Lighten up.... Some people aren't FANBOYS and don't mind things being a surprise.

EDIT: Aside from that, I love this video. I love the creepiness of Fear controlling the girl. It's the same thing in the videos with the Icons. I like the concept.

Edited by SQUAREDsaw1

Hmmm, after posting the link to the article, I went back just to check it out of curiosity and was surprised to see the 2 pix of FEAR right up top! This AM, the story was different and had just basic pix of the front gate, and the buildings with the lights/shadows of roots on them. Then I saw one of the scaracters and stopped reading down.

Anyway, I saw Fear (REALLY wanted to not see him in his setting, but had seen the released photos and vids already) and think he looks pretty damn cool! Not sure what's up with the XIX / 19 brand on his chest but overall I think he looks awesome. I was hoping he'd be huge or something since they said he didn't look human. OK, he's not human, but he's certainly humanoid and looks like a guy in a suit. Even the old Godzilla looked less humanoid by the padding on the suit and eveything so I'm a bit disappointed in that only because of what they said on the conference calls.

Like I said earlier, when I thought he was just hanging between the X's....I thought he'd have a HUGE wingspan, but considering he's mobile, I think they did a pretty good job and overall I'm VERY happy with the look. I might sound negative because I listened to the podcasts and thought BIG and NON HUMAN so I'm a bit letdown based on their "promises"....but before the podcast last week, this is about what I was thinking. Possible Minor Spoiler: Pleasantly surprised to see the roots are more than on just his head. Overall, very happy...but think they overstated some stuff on the calls.

Edited by Oysterhead00