HHN XX Construction Updates

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like the side door of the van is open. Scareactor in the van?

That's what I'm thinking... and you know I will have my guard up to the highest levels when walking out of that room! Makes me think of the finale scene from Leave It To Cleaver last year.... with the hiding chainsaw guy around the corner. Perhaps a distraction of an SA in the van while someone ELSE comes to get you. Eep!

That would be the third year in a row they did something like that at this house location. Doomsday had Sol on the stage and Cleaver had Sam Meatz, and both times you were chainsawed while watching them.

That would be the third year in a row they did something like that at this house location. Doomsday had Sol on the stage and Cleaver had Sam Meatz, and both times you were chainsawed while watching them.

I wasn't there in 2008 so I missed that one, but thinking back even TCM had chainsaw guys waiting for you as you exited the house in 2007. Not quite the same as having a distraction, but most people weren't expecting it because you always feel safe again once you exit the house. I remember going through TCM one last time right at closing, and coaxing a chainsaw guy to hide right by the door so I could video my friends exiting and getting the crap scared out of them. And then we had a chainsaw dance party because it was closing time and they were being friendly - it's one of my favorite HHN memories!

Edited by Lizz

Call me crazy but I don't think a scare-actor would be in the van. If they did place someone in their. The door wouldn't open. It's safety reasons is why I'm thinking. Let's say some drunk or a-hole person decided to jump on the person in the van. Thus this would leave them trap or more so in a very dangerous part. But what do I know. All my roles have always had a door in case of danger.

Call me crazy but I don't think a scare-actor would be in the van. If they did place someone in their. The door wouldn't open. It's safety reasons is why I'm thinking. Let's say some drunk or a-hole person decided to jump on the person in the van. Thus this would leave them trap or more so in a very dangerous part. But what do I know. All my roles have always had a door in case of danger.

Exactly

I wasn't there in 2008 so I missed that one, but thinking back even TCM had chainsaw guys waiting for you as you exited the house in 2007. Not quite the same as having a distraction, but most people weren't expecting it because you always feel safe again once you exit the house. I remember going through TCM one last time right at closing, and coaxing a chainsaw guy to hide right by the door so I could video my friends exiting and getting the crap scared out of them.

I did the same thing the first time I went through that house. I told the CDT guy outside the door (he was a Vaulter, but I forgot his screenname) to scare the next people coming out, and he set up outside the door. Not only did he get my mom, but the woman behind her freaked out and practically jumped on her back.

ZKeeper, on 28 July 2010 - 11:06 PM, said:

As a person who slammed her thumb in a car door (a Dodge Duster!) as a child, I can tell you that the opening and closing of car doors makes me cringe. Still. I can only imagine what would happen if someone managed to get their hand caught in a van door at Universal. (I shudder just thinking about it!)

Mae

As a person who slammed her thumb in a car door (a Dodge Duster!) as a child, I can tell you that the opening and closing of car doors makes me cringe. Still. I can only imagine what would happen if someone managed to get their hand caught in a van door at Universal. (I shudder just thinking about it!)

Mae

They bleed on the right props.

Mae

If they hide someone in the van, I would imagine the door would be propped open to make sure such an incident wouldn't happen.

the problem is more the scareactor doesnt have a quick and easy egress to safety from the guests... so dont expect it to happen

It could have another door on the other side. Or they could cut an opening. Just a thought.

I was behind universal today around the Vineland (i think thts the name of the road) enternce of universal and there seems to be some new apartments being built right behing the MIB ride building and just past those is an area where a fence with bushes are and it looks like just past the bushes are the tents and parade building idk if tht is a good place to get some shots but someone might want to check it out. just wanted to let yall know ;-) dont promote sneaking backstage but this can be seen in a public place i guess its even off uni property

Edited by jman90210

I was behind universal today around the Vineland (i think thts the name of the road) enternce of universal and there seems to be some new apartments being built right behing the MIB ride building and just past those is an area where a fence with bushes are and it looks like just past the bushes are the tents and parade building idk if tht is a good place to get some shots but someone might want to check it out. just wanted to let yall know ;-) dont promote sneaking backstage but this can be seen in a public place i guess its even off uni property

So instead of sneaking backstage, we are going to trespass? Yeah, that can get you arrested cause its actually NOT a public place. So, negative. Let's just wait a little while longer, then we can see the finished product in person. =)

Casey