HHN Hollywood 2010 Speculation

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who else is going to be camping out here Monday and Tuesday to talk about the new maze?! I'm so excited!

Question, what time does Murdy usually do his tweets? I don't wanna miss it Monday on my birthday and go out and not come back home till 2 in the morning to miss out on all the news!

If you guys hate bugs, I highly suggest you check out...

Meet the Applegates. You'll LOVE that movie ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100129/

Edited by DTH316

Who else is going to be camping out here Monday and Tuesday to talk about the new maze?! I'm so excited!

Question, what time does Murdy usually do his tweets? I don't wanna miss it Monday on my birthday and go out and not come back home till 2 in the morning to miss out on all the news!

If you guys hate bugs, I highly suggest you check out...

Meet the Applegates. You'll LOVE that movie ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100129/

i usually see him most active in the morning . and I will be camping out lol

yeahh he usually will go on twitter, it seems like, in the morning, in the afternoon, and at night

sometimes he might answer a couple of questions in between those 3

and do you have to do like something special to get the man to answer questions on twitter?

cause he will not answer any of my questions for the life of me! haha

and DTH i think i've seen parts of that movie?

im not sure lol

i hate bugs though so it deffinitely would have creeped me out either way ha

ok this is wierd

@HorrorNights where is the maze located that ur announcing next week and is this the main character the theme or minor character

@Dodgerfreak3 This will be one of the maze themes but not the lead one

hopefully with all this time just to find out the theme we atleast got a better website. dry.gif

but with better news

@HorrorNights when do we find out wut the mazes themes are?

@Daproblem33 The first of the mazes will be announced this coming week, probably Monday. Then the info will start coming out, week by week

Edited by Grindhousehero13

I'd feel much happier if he didn't tack on "probably" lol

And if that maze were to be either Scream or the Evil Dead, then that would be the best gift anyone would ever give to me, lol

Edited by DTH316

Well all want a straight answer but I don't think Murdy will change his ways of being vague. It would just be better if he stopped doing the Twitter thing altogether, so we can just rely on Facebook updates to know whether or not we get something new... on that particular day. I just look for official posts on FB now, I don't really look at the user comments.. it's always the same thing, so it's not worth the time to glance at.

We do need some facade, or set piece design images though... to give us something else to look at other than scareactor designs. C'mon Murdy... it'll be coooooooooooooool!

*Slides through door Kramer style.*

Hey guys I'm back! Just got back from spending a week out of town with my church group so sorry I couldn't post all week....had a great time though. ;)

Anyway, I see that there have been a LOT of posts from the past week and after reading all of the ones I missed, I'm very excited to hear that a new maze will be announced Monday! I'm willing to bet that it will be the Wolfman. That's just what I feel. Yet again, marketing might want them to announce a maze based on a major movie/franchise first.

Doesn't construction on the fifth maze begin next week? It'll be interesting to see what they do. I think they'll do, like Onca said, a "Disaster-queue" treatment where they'll just have it go around the scenery or inside of the building behind the changing rooms. Hopefully if and eventually when they'll decide to do a sixth maze it'll be in the Gibson lawn.

So what's this jazz about a "returning icon"? It's certainly not Freddy because of that NLC deal but maybe Jigsaw? (I SERIOUSLY doubt it hence the window curtain on the facade of the Lower lot maze.)

Did you guys hear?

Apparently this John Mundy guy tweeted that every week of August they're gonna start announcing mazes. Can't wait until midnight. :B

Edited by mz_
Relates to HHN: Hollywood - Moved

Did you see in the Orlando thread? Someone posted a cast for the Harlequin stilt walker scareactor.

133311936.jpg

As much as I am just over the whole klownz thing... the Harlequin's face looks pretty cool to me, but last year's Devil was still better.

Edit: Credit to HHNMongrel/Destination Theme Park

Edited by Onca

@LeeRay

im PRAYING for a midnight release or update of the website

it'll be amazing!!!!! :DDDD

if its what we all suspect its gonna be (Wolfy or Jason)

then i expect full attention to the boards as well :D

speculation time! :D

Okay, a little bit of speculation before we actually KNOW anything. (weird, we won't be speculating anymore. We'll be speculating on specific mazes, zones and shows! exciting!)

Anywho;

Wolfman isn't going to be the main icon although I am sure he is a maze this year. I suspect he'll be announced last. Just a prediction.

I don't think Jason will be the main icon either. As awesome as all hell it would be for all of HHN (or just the TT, haha) to be Camp Crystal Lake, I think people would be let down considering he's been done before and since Freddy already got his due (they're not similar killers by all means but people will beg to differ). I suspect this will be announced second to last.

Our original maze wouldn't the main icon because of... I guess obvious reasons.

And whatever is going into HOH wouldn't be the main icon because that's a waste of an icon, haha.

UNLESS, the HOH and the "literary inspired" maze are the same. For example, Alice in the House of Horrors.

However, I suspect the original maze and/or the HOH maze to be announced on the last day as well along with Wolfman.

The main icon and the lower lot maze, I am sure, is the mystery maze we are unsure of at the moment. And it BETTER be a big bomb being dropped on us on Aug 2nd on whatever said mystery maze is.

Edited by DTH316

DTH no offense but, you should drop the darker side of alice thing you are thinking of Tim Burton just doesn't seem like he would give the movie title to HHN

And if i am wrong and there is an alice maze someone shoot me

Edited by baraka564

@StevenForTmrw

I KNOW!!

im praying for that too! ha

and i think it probably will be one of those 2 but im hoping its not cause i wanna know one of the mazes we havnt pretty much completely figured out yet haha

@DTH

the main icon maze isnt the one being released tomorrow sadly :\

murdy said he's releasing the maze that will be in the 5th maze location tomorrow

the main icon maze isnt the one being released tomorrow sadly :\

murdy said he's releasing the maze that will be in the 5th maze location tomorrow

It's gotta be the Wolfman. He said the location is the largest location square footage-wise (Which we already know is the Curious George area.) and the environments from that movie call for quite a big location.

It's gotta be the Wolfman. He said the location is the largest location square footage-wise (Which we already know is the Curious George area.) and the environments from that movie call for quite a big location.

Or they can do like what Orlando did and have only a couple of large scenes, with many tiny scenes in between:

Facade/Intro kind of melded together with the gypsy camp after a wolfman attack (with only two wagons) which lead into a kind of small forest scene with a hunter and the Wolfman (from one side of the back of the soundstage to the other, short side)

Tavern with a slashed barmaid and another appearance by the wolfman

The ice house with the inspector and a not-so-dead body which was apparently about to undergo transformation (growl, snarl SFX)

A brief walk-through of the halls of the Asylum with some patients popping out of their boo holes

A rough recreation of Lawrence's transformation in the asylum with a full moon outside ("I will kill ALL of you!!), followed by strobes and a wolfman scareactor coming out from behind a sheet, there were no other scareactors in the room.

Into the Talbot family crypt, with Lawrence again.. although strapped down into that chair from the movie (the one in the chamber where his father locked himself in on the night of Lawrence's first tranformation), with another actor as his father standing opposite of him saying something along the lines of his "Terrible things, Lawrence, you've done terrible things.." quote from the movie.

To what was appearing to be a space in between chunks of land, with the wolfman Lawrence following your movement toward the end of the path.

And finally the circle of stone pillars among a clear starry night, a hunter to the left side and the wolfman coming in from the right on a rock/elevated platform, howling and getting shot. this is another large scene.

As you leave that scene, a final wolfman pops out for a final scare.

....I think I got everything remembered from the Wolfman maze from Orlando. Sure it has some references toward the movie (or at least ONE of director's visions of it), but if it does make an appearance in Hollywood, I would hope if follows it more closely and at least includes the rampage in London. It can start the same with the Gypsy wagons working as the facade, and it wouldn't give too much away if put in a viewable place (like Curious George). Although... hey.. what if that "window" someone had said they saw on the construction of the lower lot facade, what if that was Talbot manor? It would be a good starting point to step into the house, and then immediately go into the crypt after walking through the main hall of the mansion. It can end the same way too in some fashion, either with the burning mansion or with it still in one piece.

Saw sort of did that, didn't it? Enter Jigsaw's workshop, with Billy giving out instructions, and ending in a trashed workshop and back alleyway with Billy in the trash repeating "Game Over!"?