HHN Hollywood 2010 Speculation

Murdy set himself up by wanting people to ask him questions. It's quite stupid actually. "Hey, I'ma set up this account where you can ask me questions but I won't give you the answers too and I'll be very vague about everything." Um, okay?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure he made the account to anserw more behind the scene questions and stuff like that but being humans he knew everybody was gonna ask the exact same question every friggin time "Whats next Year's Theme!"

On another note Orlando's HHN Price when up to around $80 Anybody think (God Forbid) it will effect our prices? *Knock On Wood*

I sure he made the account to anserw more behind the scene questions and stuff like that but being humans he knew everybody was gonna ask the exact same question every friggin time "Whats next Year's Theme!"

On another note Orlando's HHN Price when up to around $80 Anybody think (God Forbid) it will effect our prices? *Knock On Wood*

I'm sure prices will go up a bit since we are getting an extra maze and a longer Terror Tram this year. I'd say around $50 or so.

Guys, Like I've said before. Uni does this every damn year. They say they'll give us an update on a certain day and then keep postponing it. Why are we acting like this is our first HHN!?

It is for me. :D Well, last year it was.

Sorry, But I hate coming back to find like 5 new posts, and they all say "No PR yet WTF?!" or "When are we gonna get an update?!" or my personal favorite: "Its already (insert day of the week) and still no update!"

Not to sound like a dick, But all you guys are doing is spamming the boards; and it makes other people think theyre missing out on, oh idk...... SPECULATION. So please stop posting every day saying that there is no update. What would be useful is Spec and someone posting useful info.

/rant.

Edited by electro_killer

Sorry, But I hate coming back to find like 5 new posts, and they all say "No PR yet WTF?!" or "When are we gonna get an update?!" or my personal favorite: "Its already (insert day of the week) and still no update!"

Not to sound like a dick, But all you guys are doing is spamming the boards; and it makes other people think theyre missing out on, oh idk, SPECULATION. So please posting every day saying that there is no update. What would be useful is Spec and someone posting useful info.

/rant.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY ELECTRO!!!!

as long as we have ACTUAL SPECULATION coming in

i'll be as happy as...well this

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8619/2204355.swf

I'm sure prices will go up a bit since we are getting an extra maze and a longer Terror Tram this year. I'd say around $50 or so.

$50??? You do know Genral admission was $60 last year right? plus number of mazes dont interfere with ticket prices. I went on one of the peak nights and paid $55 buying the ticket from Ralphs and the year before was $45 at Hot Topic the ticket prices normaly are based off of the sponsers they get, in 08 they had Vons, Food 4 Less, Ralphs, Jack In The Box,and Hot Topic so they where able to shave the prices by 10 to 30 bucks, last year it was just Del Taco and Ralphs so they where only able to shave about $5 to $15 but if the prices go up even with discounts we''l be paying the same as last year's general admision

Edited by Grindhousehero13

I still can't believe we have hope for Trick 'r Treat *face palms*

Interesting, I didn't know sponsors affected price.

I love getting those cups from Del Taco or JitB.

I never use em cuz I find better discounts but still love 'em.

Does anyone have any ideas how the separate lines will work for King Kong?

Edited by DTH316

well don't expect murdy too ever think out side the box with using custom creations like Orlando does. I had many discussions with him about why not try using different creations for mazes instead of movie based mazes. He just puts it very vaguely by saying it's "Hollywood" this is movie town, and how everything is aimed at the crowds of 18-30 and for modern day horror movies.

yes he's all for classic based horror movies but he keeps implying that the mass majority of people want modern day characters.

But it would come as a huge shocker to me if this year there he made a custom maze.

Do you guys think HHN should extend it's days to more Wednesdays and Thursdays? I have a feeling it's going to be extremely popular this year since Knotts is only having 3 new mazes while HHN is getting 5, an extended Terror Tram, the ritual shows and new scare zones.

I'm new here and just wanted to say hello as well as speculate.

Any chance that we might see a house from 2008's Reflections of fear?

i always felt that some of those houses would do very well here.

I'd love to see it, but until Hollywood's demographic is more willing to accept original content from Universal, I don't see it happening. Personally I felt a little teased with the usage of the Director and Jack in back-to-back years, it made me hope the others would come around as well. Although I think Bloody Mary's story could be salvageable for use in Hollywood even if you do make every house movie based, with the exception of her's of course. Perhaps dig into the base fear each movie used provides and utilize that to tie to her, even House of Horrors can probably be used effectively.

well don't expect murdy too ever think out side the box with using custom creations like Orlando does. I had many discussions with him about why not try using different creations for mazes instead of movie based mazes. He just puts it very vaguely by saying it's "Hollywood" this is movie town, and how everything is aimed at the crowds of 18-30 and for modern day horror movies.

yes he's all for classic based horror movies but he keeps implying that the mass majority of people want modern day characters.

But it would come as a huge shocker to me if this year there he made a custom maze.

Probably because the 18-30 age group, for the most part, cannot see anything past Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, Michael Myers, Jigsaw, Ghostface, or Pinhead. That's what I get from reading Facebook and Twitter, not to mention how easily they're able to believe some kid with a video camera centered too much on his mouth.

Although if you look at it... aren't original mazes technically movies themselves? That's kind of how I do, each maze is its own little storyline or even to some extent a piece of complete picture in the theme of an event, rather than just throwing a bunch of random slasher movies together and calling it an event. There's nothing to tie it together, making it as fitting as Knott's own selections.

I don't know, maybe I'm just bitter about what I read off of other sites.

Do you guys think HHN should extend it's days to more Wednesdays and Thursdays? I have a feeling it's going to be extremely popular this year since Knotts is only having 3 new mazes while HHN is getting 5, an extended Terror Tram, the ritual shows and new scare zones.

Probably not, if Orlando (or even my one time of going to Knott's Scary Farm) has shown me anything it's that during the middle of week earlier in the event it's far less busy than on the weekend. If the event was to be held through the middle of each week to Sunday, the earlier days might mean less money for the park. They would be spending more on employee's hourly wages than they would be receiving, imo, but I could be wrong.

I'd love to see it, but until Hollywood's demographic is more willing to accept original content from Universal, I don't see it happening. Personally I felt a little teased with the usage of the Director and Jack in back-to-back years, it made me hope the others would come around as well. Although I think Bloody Mary's story could be salvageable for use in Hollywood even if you do make every house movie based, with the exception of her's of course. Perhaps dig into the base fear each movie used provides and utilize that to tie to her, even House of Horrors can probably be used effectively.

Yeah i have noticed that a lot of people seem so be stuck on the big three, or other slasher films.

Don't get me wrong they were all good events, but original ideas like Bloody Mary, and others would be refreshing.

Lets just hope maybe we will get something different this year.

well its not so much that they just want slasher or modern horror (which i honestly rather have then classic monsters) its that people want the same damn characters weve been useing for the past three years

i wonder why that is?

i feel that original ideas makes the events more interesting, it gives it an edge iMO.

i would also rather have modern horror, and slashers as mazes.(over classic monsters)

Yet (like you said) i don't want them every year. It lowers the appeal of an event when you have the same thing over and over.(Which is no knock against Knotts, but IMO holds true)

i wonder why that is?

i feel that original ideas makes the events more interesting, it gives it an edge iMO.

i would also rather have modern horror, and slashers as mazes.(over classic monsters)

Yet (like you said) i don't want them every year. It lowers the appeal of an event when you have the same thing over and over.(Which is no knock against Knotts, but IMO holds true)

well theres other slashers they could use but everybody wants those friggin 3 just cuz of the recent remakes

I don't know, if it is every once in a while the big three may be good, i mean not every year but every 2 years or something, and between classic monsters and modern monsters i would have to give it to the classics, they actually had substance they weren't just "kill the few people who are meaningless to the story then either die or get caught" that just sucks.

But, when i say classics I mean Freddy and Jason(of course) Dracula, Frankenstein, and The Invisible Man, I am not particularly fond of the Wolfman or The Mummy

True, who would be good to see at the event outside of the big three?

well as we've seen this past year

SAW,Chucky,MBV,and Michael all made it big last year mostly because people know who these are

theres PLENTY of ways they can transform our Movie Based HHN into such an event as that of HHNO

luckily were gonna have 1 maze this year thats gonna be created off there own ORIGINAL ideas

and the rest will be studio based movie mazes

which opens up thousands of titles to choose from

one that i completely forgot about which is coming out on DVD VERY soon is The Crazies

its one they could possibly use

which would also mean bringing back the asylum?

im thinking our own version of Psychoscarapy?