HHN XX Survey's

The 2010 Survey's are starting to roll out to an email near you.

Didn't get the email? Here is the direct link. If you are not signed up for Universal's Survey's. just fill out the quick information (name, email, etc) and then choose the Halloween Horror Nights Ticket Development Survey.

http://www.visitorsatisfaction.com/surveypanel/default.aspx

--

Alright, so I just took the survey. I do like the FFP Express Pass they are thinking about, which is basically an FFP with an Express Pass for each FFP night included. You can use the EP 1 time per house, per night which is pretty awesome.

The rest of the ticket "packages" seemed to be geared towards one or two night visitors, which I really had no interest in since all I want is my FFP.

Give me an Unlimited Night FFP w/ Express Pass! :) I'd hate to see how much it would cost though, but how many of you would buy one?

I'd like to hear others thoughts on the survey.

I took the survey. I thought the new express pass idea was poor. Granted it was very pricy... But here's what happens:

I'm good at timing it out and I make it to all the houses no problem 3,4, or 5 times a night. I have never bought and express pass and don't see the need to.

BUT... with this new proposed pass. I could be waiting in line while people WHO JUST GOT OUT of the house could zoom right back in and I have to take a back seat to them. I don't see how that is fair or appealing to me. I don't want to pony up more money (I already spend over four hundred dollars between tickets and merchandise for two people!). To me it is just causing more problems and is an attempt to get more money out of me. The answer for me is to simply not be able to go as much which would suck. It would not entice me to spend more money.

On top of that the more people with the express pass.. the more I have to wait. Gee... where do I sign up?

I took the survey as well. At first I didn't mind the unlimited express pass idea, but reading your post JW, I see your point. Granted, if it becomes available, I'll probably buy one for one night since I'll only be down for a few nights for the next couple of years. I'd pay for the Frequent Fear Express Pass though for the rest of the nights and when I move back to Florida.

I'm new here, but have been to Universal numerous times. I've always wanted to visit HHN! We've usually taken a trip to Florida every other year which is COSTLY coming from Illinois. We usually do disney since we have 2 young children. The days we have gone to Universal, we've purchased the crazy-expensive express passes just so the adults can enjoy the larger rides quickly. This year we were thinking about staying on-site for a night and getting 2-day/2-park passes with Express & THEN going to HHN that first evening. BUT like I said, I have 2 small kids, and would need to arrange an in-room babysitter so we adults could enjoy HHN. The licensed sitters are VERY expensive too. Express pass for HHN is a must or we will pay out the wazoo for our sitter having to be watching our kids all night while we wait in line. Given my scenario....can anyone give me a ball-park figure as to what it may cost me? Does Universal offer any *great* one-night packages for HHN? We would probably stay on-site for the one night...OR should we just stay put at our Disney hotel & use Mears the days/nite we want to visit or rent a car or??? Just trying to save some money somewhere...but dying to visit HHN with my soon-to-be hubby....this will actually be our honeymoon (yeah...some honeymoon with the kids, eh???!!!)

Sorry for rambling on...BUT YES! EXPRESS PASS IS A MUST! :-)

Ugh! Jeramy just spoiled the day! :)

Although I agree that between the regular express, unlimited express, and the FFP express that it will make the express lines longer. However last year was so busy, even on FFP nights. We only got to do some houses once because we refuse to wait any longer than 30 minutes. Most trips through were done when it was still light outside, thus not getting the full effect since your eyes are rarely adjusted.

To us adding the express to the FFP would help if HHN continues the trend of getting busier and busier on FFP nights. This will assure us of at least making it through the houses twice each night most of the time without trying to rush before the lines get long. We can even relax and enjoy some HHN drinks knowing we can still make it in some houses.

Eh, I guess it's an okay idea, but I'd rather just get the express pass for 25 bucks a person you can use the last two hours of the night. ;)

Maybe they will only charge $25 on top of the FFP for he FFP Express, who knows? The price packages they gave you on the Survey seemed to be random/or based on the prices you put in for how much things should cost. I noticed this cause, Jenn and I got two separate package price lists on all the options.

I have the same thought process as Jeramy on this one! ;)

Initially when I got the survey I though "Hmmm, good idea"...but then I remembered that the FFP passes are only usable on what we consider fairly "off" capacity nights to begin with, like Wednesday/Thursday and Sunday. With being able to go three times most weeks, we can hit the houses as much as we want without having to fork over money for an express pass of any type. Say it's unusually busy one night and we miss a house or two, there's a fairly exceptional chance we'll be able to hit it on another night that same week. Last year we went three nights in one week and hit every house, every night...a few twice.

And as Jeramy mentioned this could turn out to be an even bigger waiting game. I'm sure many of you remember in 2008 that some of the express pass lines actually had longer waits than the general admission lines! I remember us strolling through the regular admission line for "Dead Exposure" while people with express passes were waiting...sometimes paying more to be "special" ain't all it's cracked up to be!

Like Mark said, unless they offer the FFP Express Pass for a very reasonable additional cost (like the $25 bucks he mentioned) I seriously doubt we'll utilize it. The only time an express pass is worth having is if your going on a peak night or during hell week...or your just a very inpatient individual...LOL

In general it's a good concept, and many people who typically buy the FFP will jump on a FFP Express Pass without question. With the FFP we get to go so many nights that at least for Eric and I spending even more money on a FFP express pass wouldn't be beneficial.

It's apparent that Universal is looking at adding additional ticketing options that will please everyone, I'll be curious to see what the final offerings will be for this year. As long as there's a FFP I'm a happy camper. :D

Edited by Hush

All you have to do is go to the Survey Home Page and it should be on the bottom of the list.

This should work HHN 20 Survey

Oh, I know, thanks for that, I just feel left out after filling out so many friggin' surveys over the years that they emailed me links to. Know what I mean! :angry:

Ugh! Jeramy just spoiled the day! :)

Sorry I wasn't trying to. :)

I mean what was it last year... $70.00? that is more than my ticket and my wife's combined last year! I'd rather just go three nights and hit everything that I missed the first night.

I just don't like the idea at all... if its too expensive not needed. If its too cheap then I would feel I might need too. I would just hate to send that kind of money and have walks ons all night.

Edited by JWFearman

I mean what was it last year... $70.00? that is more than my ticket and my wife's combined last year! I'd rather just go three nights and hit everything that I missed the first night.

That's our theory, with the FFP, we can go multiple nights to begin with, so it pretty much negates the need for any kind of express pass. (Unless your someone who just HAS to see everything the very first night...and we're not like that at all...we're cheap...LOL)

Well, the survey is no longer available, I finally had time to sit down and give my opinion. If they would have emailed me like they do with every other survey, I would have filled it out then, oh well. We'll see what they are going to do. We're going for 2 weeks again, so the need for an express pass probably won't come up, as we'll have FFPs. We did one night with an express pass last year, as it was a Friday, I like the peak nights for some reason, the later hours, and there just seems to be a different feeling on a Friday or Saturday, eh......that's probably all in my head.

But, having them add the last Fri and Sat to the FFP last year was great!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I got an email asking me to complete a survey about HHN. Most of the questions focused on my interest in adding Fridays to the FFP and how much I would be willing to pay for a ticket that included all the normal FFP days and Fridays. Interesting.

Here's a link to the survey:

http://www.visitorsatisfaction.com/surveypanel/start.aspx?s=FF2010&e=

What do you guys think about adding Fridays to the FFP for a ticket that costs $100?

I got an email asking me to complete a survey about HHN. Most of the questions focused on my interest in adding Fridays to the FFP and how much I would be willing to pay for a ticket that included all the normal FFP days and Fridays. Interesting.

Here's a link to the survey:

http://www.visitorsatisfaction.com/surveypanel/start.aspx?s=FF2010&e=

What do you guys think about adding Fridays to the FFP for a ticket that costs $100?

(Merged the two survey threads)

I'm cool with it regardless of crowds. If I can just get in 1 or 2 houses that would be ok with me, the rest of the night I could just relax and chill, and of course have some drinks. This would also mean more picture taking time. :)

I've been on Friday nights and it isnt pretty, so allowing FFP people on Fri nights I think would be insane. Yes its more nights for us, but for the sake of the General Public's overall Experience, I think it should be left with wed,Thurs,Sun. If anything add Monday or something.

I don't know if I'd want to contend with the crowds on Friday nights, let alone the large amount of drunks that would accompany them.

It would nice if they offered some varied FFP options, one that includes the normal nights (Wed/Thurs/Sun) and one that included the regular nights along with Friday nights for a few bucks more.

From all the surveys I've seen thus far this year, they are definitely weighing more ticketing options in terms of FFP and express passes. Should be interesting to see what the final options are and what costs are associated with them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FL Universal Jax

I thought that I would let everyone know that I took a Universal Survey last night online in reference to "Backstage" tours as they called them. They asked very specific questions about HHN tours and how much I would be willing to pay. Of course the higher the price, the more you get to see.

One questions asked if I would pay more in order for someone from A&D to actually lead the tour. Of course I would say yes. Other questions talked about whether or not I would enjoy seeing the art studios and backstage offices where HHN is designed.

The survey itself also covered a tour designed specifically for Harry Potter at IOA. The survey was pretty long, but there were alot of questions concerning a UTH tour this year. I remember that they did not do a survey last year. I find that when Universal sends out surveys, they typically intend to do something as a result.

Just some food for thought!

I thought that I would let everyone know that I took a Universal Survey last night online in reference to "Backstage" tours as they called them. They asked very specific questions about HHN tours and how much I would be willing to pay. Of course the higher the price, the more you get to see.

Could you send us the link? B)

• 2 months later...

I got a survey today regarding trip planning and HHN. There were several questions asking if I planned to or would be interested in visiting WWoHP on the same visit as HHN.

There were also questions about gauging interest in an exclusive after party at CityWalk and a themed pre-event dinner.

The bulk of the questions I got asked about adding an IoA after 4 PM option to the HHN ticket; prices you'd be willing to pay, would you be interested in an IoA after 4 + Express option, and would you be more likely to purchase the upgrade if IoA was open till 9 instead of 8.