HHN 27 Discussion

Mark M.

Hey guys so I'm going this Saturday, and from all of the weather sources I'm checking it's supposed to rain all night. Out of all of the times I've gone, it's only rained twice(which I feel super lucky about lol). Both times it only rained for an hour or so and that was it, it was done for the rest of the night. Saturday is supposed to be a "steady rain". What can I expect? What type of rain stops the scarezones? Same with the houses? Sorry, I'm not trying to ask stupid questions..just trying to prepare. I'm so bummed.

I asked this in the B&T thread but I have a feeling it might get overlooked, so I'm trying it here as well: Does anyone know what's happening with the final night and final show of B&T? They can't possibly let a giant crowd of people camp outside of the venue, so are they handing out tickets?

3 hours ago, bbbritney said:

Hey guys so I'm going this Saturday, and from all of the weather sources I'm checking it's supposed to rain all night. Out of all of the times I've gone, it's only rained twice(which I feel super lucky about lol). Both times it only rained for an hour or so and that was it, it was done for the rest of the night. Saturday is supposed to be a "steady rain". What can I expect? What type of rain stops the scarezones? Same with the houses? Sorry, I'm not trying to ask stupid questions..just trying to prepare. I'm so bummed.

If it is raining lightly or spitting, the zones will be open and the SA's will be out. In Festival, the stages aren't used if it is too rainy as they will be too wet and unsafe. The streets won't have SA's if it starts raining too heavily. The houses aren't usually affected as much by the rain....unless water actually runs into the house or opening of the house.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tman875 said:

If it is raining lightly or spitting, the zones will be open and the SA's will be out. In Festival, the stages aren't used if it is too rainy as they will be too wet and unsafe. The streets won't have SA's if it starts raining too heavily. The houses aren't usually affected as much by the rain....unless water actually runs into the house or opening of the house.

Thank you! I feel better now having an idea of what to expect. We're still gonna take our chances Saturday, but we decided to also go Sunday as well..I don't want to take a chance and miss anything lol. But thank you again, I appreciate it!

35 minutes ago, bbbritney said:

Thank you! I feel better now having an idea of what to expect. We're still gonna take our chances Saturday, but we decided to also go Sunday as well..I don't want to take a chance and miss anything lol. But thank you again, I appreciate it!

I'll also say this...

The week we went, the weather was predicting A LOT of rain each night we went. It turned out that it only rained for about 15mins one of the nights.

Precipitation in Florida is so sporadic and difficult to predict, that it might be pouring down rain 10 miles from where you're at, and you might not be seeing much of anything.

Grab some cheap ponchos at Walgreens just in case, and hope for the best.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

I'll also say this...

The week we went, the weather was predicting A LOT of rain each night we went. It turned out that it only rained for about 15mins one of the nights.

Precipitation in Florida is so sporadic and difficult to predict, that it might be pouring down rain 10 miles from where you're at, and you might not be seeing much of anything.

Grab some cheap ponchos at Walgreens just in case, and hope for the best.

Absolutely! I've lived in FL forever so I know how unpredictable it is..it sucks lol! And we did buy ponchos to prepare, just in case.

Ok, so is there any news yet on the last B&T show?  I haven't seen any announcements.  I just wonder how they will handle it.  We are flying back down for the final weekend because we were told it's rather empty that weekend.  I wonder if that will change due to B&T?   I'm hoping it's not crazy because I was looking forward to doing this without having to fight crowds.

Also - HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

By the way, if you see us this weekend (wearing either Dare 2 Escape shirt or Nightmares shirt), please say hi.  If you say hello and tell me you're from Nightmares, I'll give you one of the awesome skull bracelets we make for the event (we hand them out to scareactors who we feel are doing an exceptional job.. or if they scare us).  We'll be handing out tons of them for the last weekend.  I always like to say thank you to people who make me so happy.  :)

4 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Ok, so is there any news yet on the last B&T show?  I haven't seen any announcements.  I just wonder how they will handle it.  We are flying back down for the final weekend because we were told it's rather empty that weekend.  I wonder if that will change due to B&T?   I'm hoping it's not crazy because I was looking forward to doing this without having to fight crowds.

Also - HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

By the way, if you see us this weekend (wearing either Dare 2 Escape shirt or Nightmares shirt), please say hi.  If you say hello and tell me you're from Nightmares, I'll give you one of the awesome skull bracelets we make for the event (we hand them out to scareactors who we feel are doing an exceptional job.. or if they scare us).  We'll be handing out tons of them for the last weekend.  I always like to say thank you to people who make me so happy.  :)

No word yet on the final show. However Ap's get their own private show on the third. 

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:46 AM, hunnylvr said:

Also - HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I think I got a bracelet from you during 25. I was in bodycollectors 

I will be doing the stay and scream on Saturday at New York section.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

So, the countdown started on Halloween and ends on Veterans Day. 

And Hopper was in Vietnam so STRANGER THINGS #CONFIRMED!!!!111

But seriously though-is it too early to start discussing next year? Or do the rumors/speculation generally always start when the event is still ongoing? 

7 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

And Hopper was in Vietnam so STRANGER THINGS #CONFIRMED!!!!111

But seriously though-is it too early to start discussing next year? Or do the rumors/speculation generally always start when the event is still ongoing? 

Hard to say. It's only been the past few years where the event has extended past Halloween. 

One year, all it took was a random comment from Roddy that 2009 would be classic. It kicked off spec earlier than it had ever started. I think the event was still going when Roddy made the comment. 

Being a member of The Collective, and following all things LegendaryTruth, I would not be surprised if we see some inkling of next year at the Social Media Meet-Up or a possible resurgence of LT activity very soon. This, of course, would kick start spec. 

I've been spec'ing on the significance of an Easter Egg in AvED since the start of the event. Having finally seen it, I have to wonder why A&D chose to advance/expand the story of Dr. Mary Agana. 

Edit to add: Halloween and Veterans Day are holidays. The countdown, if that's what it is, will link two holidays. 

9 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Hard to say. It's only been the past few years where the event has extended past Halloween. 

One year, all it took was a random comment from Roddy that 2009 would be classic. It kicked off spec earlier than it had ever started. I think the event was still going when Roddy made the comment. 

Being a member of The Collective, and following all things LegendaryTruth, I would not be surprised if we see some inkling of next year at the Social Media Meet-Up or a possible resurgence of LT activity very soon. This, of course, would kick start spec. 

I've been spec'ing on the significance of an Easter Egg in AvED since the start of the event. Having finally seen it, I have to wonder why A&D chose to advance/expand the story of Dr. Mary Agana. 

Edit to add: Halloween and Veterans Day are holidays. The countdown, if that's what it is, will link two holidays. 

I hope that they'll start hinting for next year at the meet-up! I only started going last year so unfortunately my memory for HHN really only goes back that far.

What do you think having the holidays connected could possibly allude to? 

On 11/1/2017 at 6:38 AM, clash said:

I heard some people say that cast members will get their own last show (or that the last show is for them)  but it all might be rumors. 

I've heard this as well, along with anger from some team members that they were unable to get access to the final show because they were working at the only time spots were handed out.

On 11/2/2017 at 8:50 AM, DraculaTeeth said:

I hope that they'll start hinting for next year at the meet-up! I only started going last year so unfortunately my memory for HHN really only goes back that far.

What do you think having the holidays connected could possibly allude to? 

Linking two holidays brings to mind the 2011 house, Holidays of Horror. 

As Doc pointed out with a tweet last night, Veterans Day is Remembrance Day in the U.K.  It was Armistice Day in the U.S. until the 50s(?). This brings to mind WWI which links to the Nightingales (also from 2011). 

Of course, I could be completely wrong. 

Now for some potential meat for spec:

A tweet from Murdy has alluded to the end of the event this year being extra sentimental. Talk has moved to it being a possibility that this is Murdy's last year. While Murdy is Hollywood, any change in Hollywood Creative could impact our event. 

56 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

A tweet from Murdy has alluded to the end of the event this year being extra sentimental. Talk has moved to it being a possibility that this is Murdy's last year. While Murdy is Hollywood, any change in Hollywood Creative could impact our event. 

Also, Mike has been in Hollywood the last few weeks working on the Potter Holiday effects. Could he be there for other reasons as well?

On 11/3/2017 at 10:16 AM, StupidStupidDan said:

Also, Mike has been in Hollywood the last few weeks working on the Potter Holiday effects. Could he be there for other reasons as well?

Aiello was present and going through houses last night.

On 11/3/2017 at 9:19 AM, mystiquephreeq said:

Linking two holidays brings to mind the 2011 house, Holidays of Horror. 

As Doc pointed out with a tweet last night, Veterans Day is Remembrance Day in the U.K.  It was Armistice Day in the U.S. until the 50s(?). This brings to mind WWI which links to the Nightingales (also from 2011). 

Of course, I could be completely wrong. 

Now for some potential meat for spec:

Since I wasn't there those years I looked both houses up and WOW I would be super excited for a return for either one-especially H.R. Bloodengutz!

Originally I was under the impression they'd tackle IP's first, but now when I think about it it makes more sense that they probably would start on the original houses first. Those come from scratch, where as with an IP the visuals are already built in-just have to figure out how to use them. But correct me if I'm wrong!

With the possibility of Murdy leaving, and if they pluck anyone out of Orlando for their HHN, it sounds like this offseason is already shaping up to be a pretty interesting one.